[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I change a bad personality? I feel like I am the embodiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG-20160211-WA0008.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160211-WA0008.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
How do I change a bad personality?
I feel like I am the embodiment of flaws. When I take actions I only think of myself, and am always negative about everything, cynical, easily triggered, socially awkward and have social anxiety. Because of that, I have few friends, I am just not fun to talk to or be around, and those friends won't even bother talking to me unless I start the conversation or they need something from me.
>>
>>16805476
>all that
Yeah, see a psych

and traffic lights are burnin
>>
>>16805479
Dumb questions, are psychs free? I am not really rich to pay expensive fees. Even though I am self-aware of my flaws I am not depressed and doesn't want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>16805493
No, unless your insurance kicks ass, you will pay a pretty penny for mental health. Your insurance might not have to kick ass. I'm on state health insurance. your flaws probably run deeper than you know and you can probably shake them off easier than you know. doctors tend to be wise folks, by trend. some are out for your dollar, maybe, but they swear by a pretty serious oath to help and work for you, if you have the cash.

outside of that, I recommend reading. it gives you a lot to talk about. more things to talk about will give you less time to look like an asshole. There's lots of shit about this and I don't know your brain. Were you ever fucked with by outside forces? This isn't /x/ but were you? Tell me.

And everybody's jumpin

happiness is just around the corner

so if you like to party
>>
>>16805493
Assuming your american, most healthcare insurance covers your psychiatrist. They help a lot.
>>
>>16805476
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22
meditate , try to develop some empathy.
read some jon kabat-zinn
>>
>>16805512
>>16805507
I live in an Asian country, don't think fee is covered since I migrate here, not a citizen yet.
I was born like this, no traumatic shit ever happened to me to make me become like this, even before I was molested by a guy.

>>16805519
Does meditation actually helps? I never tried it but I am willing to give it a go but it just seems like minutes of doing nothing will allievate my flaws.
>>
>>16805561
>was molested
that will in fact do it

yes, meditation will help. it's probably one of the best things you can do for yourself, better than exercise.

I've got news for you
>>
The girl I love is full of flaws, I just love them. Find someone that like everything you do and everything you are.
>>
>>16805561
Meditation is amazing

I urge you to look into vipassana-samatha meditation. I pair it with Buddhist insights but meditation in itself is a secular activity.

Just need to give your mind a place to rest...
>>
>>16805561
It does wonders for emotional intelligence which is what the entire /adv/ needs
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.