[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 18 now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1454977277095-1.jpg (516 KB, 965x1452) Image search: [Google]
1454977277095-1.jpg
516 KB, 965x1452
I suppose I should get a job.

I'm unexperienced, and I don't want to go trough the trouble of studying in college for so much time, even if that means having a lower salary.

What is important to me is:

1) free time: a job that doesn't take much time so I can enjoy my hobbies at home
2) comfort: hopefully something done sitting
3) working as alone as possible: i can handle working with/for people, but i'd rather do it alone
4) proximity from home. i dont want to spend several moneys with trasnport.
5) good money

I have a good curriculum regardless of my experience, I studied in a very good school, speak several languages, have a lot of certificates, am 6'3 and minimally decent looking, etc. I think I could virtually be employed by anyone unless someone who's competing with me has been to college. And experience is also a big issue. I think that if I get good experience, I could potentially fit in most jobs that don't require a bachellor.

Based on what I said, what job should I be looking for?
>>
File: office140212co.png (370 KB, 620x318) Image search: [Google]
office140212co.png
370 KB, 620x318
If I apply to those low positions in offices, do I have a chance?
>>
I'm 29. I never went to college and I've bounced around between entry level jobs. I work in a office right now and it's ok but it's not a lot of money at all ($13/hr.) The most I have made was $20/hr and that company ended up making a ton of layoffs. You can find something that feels cushy but you probably won't find something that pays well and you definitely won't find a job where you can work entirely alone. I'm sure it's possible to make a lot of money without a degree but you'd have to be working your ass off in sales or running your own business.
>>
>>16801460
Pic? She's beautiful
>>
>>16801507
google alizee 2012
>>
security guard would probably be your best bet, apply at a security agency like securitas or US security, explain to them your preference for working nights and they'll set you up somewhere where you're sitting in the lobby of a closed office or something and can just sit there playing games on your laptop all night.
>>
>>16801460
You don't ask for much. No experience, no college, sitting at home being lazy. And you'll take a lower salary to get a dream job. Best of luck with that. Even that low level office job requires time and effort. And very little chance they'd hire you off the street without any indication you can hold a full time job. Still need that entry level position first.

The closest entry level I can think of is call center. The guy making those really annoying sales calls to your home. If you can stand talking to people for 8 hours that will mostly hate you.

But there is (slight) hope. If you can get a name for yourself working on small programming projects or websites (probably have to do some free work first) that can turn into exactly what you want. Or (even slighter hope) build yourself an internet business (even with a full plan and financial backing 80-90 percent fail).
>>
>>16801460
The world will always need plumbers.

And carpenters, and drywall installers, and garbagemen, and bus drivers, and . . . .
>>
>>16801764
>carpenters
>>
>>16802618
Carpentry is a great trade
>>
File: nicememe.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
nicememe.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>16802791
when will you shills stop forcing this epic meme?
>>
I knew a girl who achived that goal as a p.s.o.......phone sex operator. Usually at least a dollar per minute during calls
>>
>>16802938
This. Stop telling people to be carpenters jesus christ. I get it. It's a trade and you're happy.

But for real OP, don't close doors for yourself early in life. 18 is early in life and even if you think you know what you want, you should probably still get educated and go to college before deciding for sure.
>>
>>16801460
If you want those things, really, then you have to go to college.

Sorry you "don't want to deal with college" but that's pretty much the way it works.

Now, take away "good money," "comfort," and " working as alone as possible" and congrats you will find a job that suits that description without college.
>>
>>16802938
do what I did, and filter carpentry. 10/10 would do again.
>>
How about US Congress? Getting there can be a pain without the right connections. But once you've got the job great pay and benefits, you hardly have to ever show up, and almost no work required.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.