[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about studying Film and Directing at a college in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Marge.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Marge.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
Thinking about studying Film and Directing at a college in my country's capital. Is it worth it? Will I have an intersting fun job or live with my parents for the rest of my unemployed life?
>>
>>16798622
depends on if you have a real passion for it and if you actually have the skills to help with producing films. a lot of people who do film based courses think it will be easy.

If you dont have a passion then you will just bring everyone else down as you have to work in a team and you won't have much to offer. I have a friend who is really passionate about film making so i know a bit.
>>
It's possible, but you have to be realistic. Find a job you can do other than directing, because even if all goes well, it will really take some time to build a career as a director and start making money.

Learn how to do lighting, or sound, or work with cameras, something that will put you on set, getting experience and making contacts in your field. If you work hard and learn quickly, it's really not that crazy to make a living doing things like this. I've been doing lighting for 6 years, freelancing as a gaffer/grip, and it's a pretty good living. I'm in New York so there might be more work available in my area than yours, but the cost of living is also ridiculously high, so it pretty much balances out
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.