[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /adv/. I'm confused as fuck right now. I'm worried,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1363489891348.jpg (98 KB, 867x727) Image search: [Google]
1363489891348.jpg
98 KB, 867x727
Hey, /adv/.
I'm confused as fuck right now. I'm worried, I'm confused, pretty intimidated, and most of all, I'm constantly disappointed in myself.

I've worked out since my senior year in high school. (I've worked out in eighth grade for a 6 weeks, sophomore year for a semester, but that shit don't count). I've been working out for about a year and a half straight, plus some change. I hit my peak a few weeks before graduating, and now I'm just going down. I'm weaker, my diet has never been great, so I'm small, and a manlet. I hate the idea that people think I'm some new-years resolutioner. It's so demoralizing. Do you guys give any shits about small guys in your gym? How did you guys deal with just starting? I feel like I've not made any progress, it's like I'm constantly new, but what do you guys think?
>>
>>16797844

i think you worry too much. most people mind their own business, and most are like you: too self conscious to actually judge others.

the few that like to judge tend to judge the fattest ones there, mostly old guys who your like 'why are you even trying? just lose weight' etc.

today i saw a guy walking around, wearing brown pants, not sure what he was doing, tryna figure out why only half the machines have handles to pull on. he looked embarassed. he looked shy. it was endearing. probably wouldnt be if he was a megafat but he was just a confused guy at a new gym walking around tryna figure stuff out
>>
>>16797859
I only ask because this massive dude kept looking at me and my gym bro and chuckling. It made me feel bad about my progress.
>>
>>16797871

yeah hes a dick, but what would you rather do, give up, thus proving someone like him right, or just keep going and have some gropeable pecs?

you gotta remember these are passing moments. a thousand little things are going to go wrong in your life. even when fit the entire world will judge you one way or another.

so just do what you actually want and stick it out.

dont get me wrong going to the gym was an extremely anxiety inducing experience, but liek most moments, its like getting a shot from the doctor. you know its no big deal, its just pain for a single moment of time. then as soon as it starts, its over. you wont even remember this guy in two weeks.
>>
>>16797876
I've never really looked at it that way man. That's pretty fuckin' solid advice. I appreciate your time.
>>
>>16797893

glad someone likes it. you'll have many more bumps in the road. in this one month of me working out ive had extreme highs and extreme lows (starting with me going in, them suddenly claiming i dont get that 1 hour free session, then immediately hurting my back).

but its already over and im stickin with it. no reason not to. if highschool has taught us anything, its that nothing actually matters.

good luck bro.
>>
>>16797844
>I've been working out for about a year and a half straight
>I hit my peak
You haven't hit shit. Your diet is bad and your routine probably isn't as good as it could be.
You'll make jack shit for progress until your nutrition is good, so get on it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.