[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the difference between loving someone and being in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
What's the difference between loving someone and being in love with them?

My girlfriend and I said I love you for the first time yesterday, but I feel like being in love is a step up.
>>
"in love" is the specifically sexual term. "love" can also include platonic, like you love your parents, or your bros.
>>
>>16797227
>"I'm in love with you, bro... no homo"
Shit's legit, mang. 10/10 answer.
>>
The way I see it, being 'in love' is a trance... It's what we experience in the beggining of a relationship, when you are getting to know the person and feeling you can't get enough of him/her.

Loving someone is deeper, for even when being 'in love' stops, love can continue to be there. That's the difference with a couple who met a week ago saying "SHE/HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE" and a couple that is together for 40 years saying "I love you".

The first ones are in love, they don't even know the other person, not even a bit. On the second case, they know each other a lot, and still hold that feeling of care and desire towards each other.
>>
>>16797205
I've always thought of the phrase as a test milestone of a relationship. You both love each other already, but if it turns out some one doesn't reciprocate the phrase, something is wrong.
>>
>>16797234
I would call what you described first an infatuation, and it's really easy to mistake for love because the feeling is so intense, especially when you're young and are new to these kinds of emotions.

"I love you" is more advanced. Definitely a milestone for a relationship. I view it as caring about the other person unconditionally. You're past the butterflies, but now it's a deeper, intrinsic feeling. Like, if he/she gets sad, you don't just feel bad for them, you feel just as sad too, even if it's directly unrelated.

"In love" I would consider when you take that a step further and you've accepted them for all their flaws. No one is perfect and you'll have lots of shitty fights with everyone you come to have a relationship with, especially with bigger issues like living together and finances. Once you get past that stage, if you still love each other, it's safe to say you're in love.

Again, just my take.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.