[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should I draw the line?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Spaghetti-prepared.jpg (589 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Spaghetti-prepared.jpg
589 KB, 2592x1944
I've been dealing with mental health issues for the past year upon my leaving the army. I've been a miserable little butthead for most of that time. My parents recently discovered a bb pistol under the seat of my car along with bb's and co2 canisters and flipped shit. I honestly got it to let some "rounds" off whenever I'm feeling stressed as it gets me outside and makes me feel better. However dad was in my face screaming how I'm not in the army anymore and I need to man up. Regardless, I currently have the money I make from work monitored by them, they always know where I am and where I go, I'm not allowed to be alone (which ironically I want to), they continue to blame my shortcomings on being a lazy shit. All I hear is negativity from them. They're making me worse. So my question: Is this a good situation? If not, what should I do?
>>
>>16796530
This isn't a supportive environment mayte. Best get away from them. You're ex military so you're probably self reliant enough to do it.

You can be honest about it and maybe get them to change or you're going to have to leave by force. If they hold your money or stuff go to the cops.

Good luck.
>>
>>16796558
To be honest man, as much as I hate living with my parents, I need them. Not for money or anything (on disability and still work a job/go to school), but just in everyday functions that have become really hard. My memory has gone to shit, I drift in and out of focus, I have trouble getting to sleep, I lack a lot of "real world" knowledge. I believe that I would need to get "better" before I can make it on my own. I'm not close enough with any of the rest of my family to move in with them.

I'd like to be able to talk to them about this, but my dad isn't the person to go telling how I "feel" and mom is disappointed in me and doesn't want me to open a doorknob by myself. They've threatened to kick me out for little stuff like smoking in the bathroom, oversleeping, moving slow, being mopey all the time, etc. Mom would be my best chance to change things but using her as a proxy to dad never works. Dad is just dad, it's his way or no way. Fuck I just feel trapped again.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.