[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I buy for more privacy/security on my patio? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What can I buy for more privacy/security on my patio? I have a first floor apartment, and everything's pretty open. Any gates or anything that would fit?
>>
make a small room so you can work with carpentry. it must be like a studio, surround yourself with wood. it works mind and body. and earns you money long time.
>>
I doubt the property owner will allow you to install any sort of gate or barrier to cover that entire opening. That's probably not the way to go here.

For the sliding door there are a few things to do. First is to lay a sturdy wooden dowel in the track of the door so that it can't be slid open. It's a very cheap and effective security measure. The next thing you could do is look into some kind of adhesive window frosting to apply from the inside. This prevents people from peeking in from the sides of your curtain. It even works during the day should you want to let some light into the room. Finally, 3M produces a "security window film" which also adheres to the inside of the glass and helps a lot in resisting shattering. It would cost around $50-75 to cover both sides of the sliding door. That should help minimize the concern of some crackhead being one broken pane of glass away from entering your home. It's not perfect but it'll deter quick entry. You can apply the frosting atop that. (In fact if you don't care about the look, a very cheap alternative to frosting is to wet the surface with a spray bottle and stick bubble wrap onto it. It prevents peeking and diffuses the light nicely. Look for vids on YouTube.)

Oh and never store anything in that little outdoor closet thing. That's just asking for theft.
>>
>>16795435
>cover both halves of the sliding door
I meant to say. The moving and non-moving halves.
>>
Hire a carpenter to install proper wooden fences.
>>
Block carpenter spam

/(carpentry|carpenter)/i;boards:adv;
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 287x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 287x383
>>16795435
Well that's what I'm trying to do. I'm not worried about the sliding door, I just want something to put in front of the patio like so
>>
>>16795455
How on earth does a barrier shorter than my knees provide any privacy or security? Someone who would otherwise stroll up to the patio at any time of day or night will easily step over that thing. Likewise anyone who would respect such a barrier would also respect the need for permission to approach in the first place.

If all you want is the illusion of privacy then drive a couple of metal poles into the ground just past the concrete slab and run some rope/chain/barbed wire between them. Then wait a week for the property management to tell you it needs to be removed.
>>
>>16795474
A lot of my 1st floor neighbors have gates too, never see them outside but it looks like it's allowed.
>>
>>16795516
WELL THEN HAVE SOMEONE INSTALL A FUCKING GATE BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THERE'S A WAY TO MAKE THEM FIT
>>
>>16795455
That gate is for children, it doesn't fucking do anything if you want privacy/security. Literally nothing.

>Burglar comes
>Oh gawd I have to step over this child safety gate?!
>Walks away defeated

No.
>>
>>16795519
>>16795538
Thanks for the help guys! It's not for keeping anyone out, it's more for looks/privacy. Most 1st floor apartments have some sort of banister or gate, this is the first one I've seen without one and would like one, and was looking for suggestions on any temporary ones, preferred companies or cheap alternatives. But hey, caps lock and green texting works too!
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 236x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 236x349
>>16795791
Etc
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x236
>>16795791
Etc..
>>
>>16795791
>What can I buy for more privacy/security on my patio?

You asked you dumb faggot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.