[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army or not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1447197286953.jpg (222 KB, 591x750) Image search: [Google]
1447197286953.jpg
222 KB, 591x750
hey /adv/.

I really need some advice about this.

To make it really short : I've been really depressed since I was 12. Single mom started driking when I was 10. Father is in prison. Mom manipulated me all my life to always have control over me. I dropped school. I Was studying visual communication to become an artistic director or charadesigner. I dont want to do this anymore.

Actually every jobs seems boring and non challenging for me. And the ones that i would "like" to do needs a lot of studies. I wouldnt mind desu, but i'm 19, it will probably sounds stupid to you but I really find myself too old to restart everything (+I avoided math all my life). I've moved out with my bf about 2 months ago, i'm no longer depressed, i'm fine and thats why i'm considering this.

Army is motivating me to go out of my "comfort zone" (been a neet for 4 years) i'll need to do shit and can't go back to my computer to avoid everything (+others reasons). I've started working out a lot. I dont want it to be my career tho. But i think it can help me get a better life, even tho i'll whitout a doubt find myself more old to do anything else when i'll stop.

tl;dr : no diploma, no job, lost but fine, 19, is army the best choice i have ? Can study for the jobs i want but i find myself too old to do it since I need to restart everything. (+french if that helps, need one diploma to do anything else.)

sry4english + dont mind ask question i didint talk about everything to make it short.
>>
>>16790319
Yeah buddy doing the same thing.
Been jerking off aimlessly for years and finally decided enough is enough, gonna get fit and join the air force before the end of the year.
Only difference is you have a 6 year head start on me.

Big thing you need to think about is the army needs you to travel a lot. You can do one of two things, leave bf behind and come home to him every few months, or take him with you. Neither are fair to him. He will either miss you terribly or have to abandon his career.

So, I don't think its your best choice. Just get some other job. You're very young and you have some free time left. Support eachother and explore all the options.
>>
>>16790354
Glad to hear that you're going to make it

I've talked to him about this, he dosent mind coming with me as he dosent mind staying, i'm lucky to have a strong realtionship with him, we know that the distance will hurt but if it's the best choice that I have, he's in. (+our relationship was over the internet and we passed month whitout saying each other because our parents didint want us to meet for stupid reasons) and i think it will be good for him to have some time alone, he will focus on himself, he's focusing too much on me and forget about himself too often.

The jobs that i'm intresting in need lot of mathematics and studies, i'm kinda afraid going back to school and be with younger people than
>>
>>16790430
me* damn phone

i'll do somme research about what i can do. Thanks for your answer buddy.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.