[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I doing wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Nowhere_time.jpg (10 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
Nowhere_time.jpg
10 KB, 640x482
>be me
>19
>been a year out of highschool or so and live with my parents
>had a part time job in highschool, was too difficult to do the job and keep grades up so I did school instead
>got pretty good grades
>graduate with a B+ or so GPA
>have trouble finding work again
>go to a place called worksource, helps you find a job and stuff like that
>join an organization that gives out leads for work, need to jump through a lot of hoops in order to get in
>get around 6 or 7 job interviews
>don't get a job
>was second place for a job in a law office though that was cool
>decide to apply for college
>60 approx percent reject rate
>holyfrickigotin.png
>I'm so happy, all my friends are proud of me
>fast forward a few months and applied scholarships later
>start working for a landlord
>work is labor but it's okay, mostly mowing lawns, removing weeds, brush removal, leaf removal etc.
>stop for a while
>mom gets annoyed at me for not working
>be me preparing for college, studying and practicing to git gud for a head start when I get there
>go into the deep morning doing this, usually go to bed at 4 am or later
>mom tells me to start working again
>tell her to call the guy because I don't have his number
>she says okay
>wait a while
>he does not respond
>wait more
>about to go to bed at around 10 pm or so
>mom said she texted him and will see if he replies
>doesn't
>basically she implied probably nothing going on tomorrow for me to do because he won't respond
>go to bed
>stay up till 4 am again
>go to sleep
>wake up to my phone blaring in my ear
>it's my mom
>uhhhhokay.bmp
>answer
>you have work today anon
>I thought it wasn't going to work out?
>my mom usually goes to work at like 5 am or around those hours
>I literally cannot for the life of me figure out how he responded back to her this early or last night
>be extremely annoyed, only have like 5 or 6 hours of sleep
>tell her no
>she gets pissed at me
>she says I have no life

(1/2)
>>
File: 519.png (208 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
519.png
208 KB, 480x368
Continued

>be really hurt
>mom hasn't said anything like that before in that tone of voice because of how well I did in highschool and how hard I worked to try to meet their expectations of me
>tell her to never say anything like that to me again
>hang up
>try not to cry
>got to get ready for work
>go out into the living room
>sit on the couch
>dad is in the living room too
>notices I'm gloomy
>asks what's wrong
>I fucking lose it and have an emotional breakdown because my own mother said I have no life despite all the hard work I've done to try to make them proud of me
>dad tries to help and talk me through it
>kinda helps
>mom is just going through a really hard time at work and she's really stressed out and stuff, people joking about reducing her pay even though she like a workhorse
>I understand
>mom said she was sorry and that she loves me
>I forgive her and say it's okay as long as she doesn't say that ever again
>she says she didn't say that
>siiiiiiiiiiigh.jpg
>say I'll talk to her later
>(we were talking on the phone)
>hang up
>the words bit into my soul and Im not one to have emotional breakdowns or any of this other stuff, let alone bawl my brains out
>go do work
>it's a lot easier than it usually is for some reason, just clearing brush for today
>working and swinging my axe around like a lumberjack actually really helps get my mind off of it
>work done
>go home
>mom gets me a coffee and brings it by, she has to go to the store or something and pay bills
>fast forward an hour or so
>me sitting on the couch on 4chan
>now

Is there something I can do so that this doesn't happen again? It really broke my heart with what she said but I feel really calm now and stuff that I've forgiven her.
>>
>>16789293
Your parents sound pretty fucking based and supportive. So your mom said something mean and you overreacted, it doesn't sound like that big a deal really. Seems like you've been stressed out about things and what your mom said kinda brought it all out, now you feel better because you vented. Maybe you need more time for yourself and not just working/studying.
>>
holy shit. stop being a little bitch. She said something harsh off the cuff and you're acting like you were just disowned. Seriously. This is literally nothing. It means nothing.
>>
Thanks guys, I think I'll just try to relax a little more and not take what she said seriously. I just did not know how to handle what she said because she usually doesn't say stuff like that, let alone to me. I appreciate the advice though.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.