[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo, so I basically flunked my first semester of college due
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1438322788783.png (178 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1438322788783.png
178 KB, 640x480
Yo,

so I basically flunked my first semester of college due to a variety of reasons. (traumatic experience, depression, fucking around too much, not being organized, etc.)

I was given a second chance this semester and so far i've been doing okay. I have okay grades but not great grades. How can I ensure that I get great grades this semester so I don't get kicked out? I literally can't afford to get kicked out.

My schedule this semester is a bit more than last semester. I'm retaking two classes but the work for both of them is completely different and I actually want to learn the material. I'm struggling with my computer science course a bit and I've been considering seeking out a tutor.

What can I do for myself besides the obvious? IE
>study more
>get tutor
>don't go out as much
>etc.
>>
>>16789087

Build a support system. Get friends who are studying the same or very similar things. Basically you want to be around people who will either pull you into studying or shame you into it.
>>
>>16789087

when you list
>traumatic experience
and
>not being organized

in the same list. you know you are bull shitting. you failed school cuz you didnt care enough to do good.

>hwo do i ensure that i get great grades this semester

by sitting down, studying, and doing your homework. that or blackmail all yuor teachers.

>what can i do for myself besides the obvious
i think you mean
>what magical options do i have

none. the only way to ensure you do good in school is to apply yourself.

>BUT WHAT IF I GET DEPRESSED BTU ALSO FUCK AROUND

thats your choices. even when depressed you still have the choice to do your homewokr

>BUT ITS HARD

yes. hard. nto impossible. the moment you say that doing your homework of all things is impossible, is the moment you claim you are no longer human. you are just a tool that some higher being is using, and his plan, for whatever reason, involves you flukning community college.

you are simultaneously NOT important enough to be part of said god's plan.

again, you may not have a good choice, but you have a choice. no advice will help you combat a 'traumatic experience' or 'fucking around too much'
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.