[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Needy people piss me off and I end up making an ass of myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Swan man.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Swan man.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
Needy people piss me off and I end up making an ass of myself
How can I become a kinder person?
Should I only associate with self-suffecient people like me?
>>
I met Gira once. He's really kind and funny, I was surprised.
>>
>>16788790
You can only be mean for so long, i bet he gave out in the late 90's
Same to you OP. We all get lonely, you'll crack and start accepting people for who they are
>>
>>16789202
I don't agree with this. There are a lot of old, curmudgeons/hermits who never grow patience for others. I am 33 and despite having a family, I have no patience for others, am insensitive, and am generally emotionally unavailable. I need nobody to help me process my feelings or help me with anything and I expect the same in return. This is also partly because I am impatient and partly due to selfishness in this area (most other areas I am selfless). The other factor is how I was raised - rely on nobody.

I purposely do not keep friends and shut out peers who have expressed a desire to get closer to me. I don't have a desire for these relationships. Oddly, I am very successful in my management position earning $112K last year, though my refusal to play politics and associate with others will likely keep me at this level or cause me to eventually self-destruct. I do not fit as a sociopath as I can empathize with others and work to avoid hurting people. All the same, I am generally regarded as aloof, robotic, and perhaps as a jerk. Ironically, I almost became a therapist until I realized I have no patience for others despite being a great problem-solver. Insight is a bitch. Sometimes how I am bothers me knowing I'll likely die alone and few will care, but most of the time it doesn't.

It seems like it does bother you, however, OP. Maybe try getting involved with charity? It may give you a new perspective and help you appreciate things more. Maybe if you fake it long enough, it'll become genuine? Either way, it's good you think a bit about how to be better because most people don't and certainly don't act on it. Best of luck!
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.