[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to meet people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
All the people I've known so far have been from uni, school or someplace I've been going to where talking to other people is almost mandatory.

But for the next 1/2 year I won't be anywhere near any of those places and I really want to meet people & avoid feeling like a lonely dog.
>>
Bars (not clubs) and gyms

get a job
>>
>>16787920

go to meetup.com and look for anything regarding your interests. trust me, they exist. even if its a generic group (like just for geeks or whatever) go anyway. its a chance to meet people

>BUT THAT SEEMS WEIRD

so are you. so do it anyway.

this is also applicable to craigslists' discussion section. go there and see who is spamming their little events. go to hobby shops that are relevant to your interests (or something you are interested in finding out if you are interested in) and see what events they have.

think of any interests you have, even ones that are one person only, like reading and type in 'book club in XX' or 'hunting group in YY' or what have you. wherein xx or yy is the area you live in by town and county.

after that, go to genearl hang outs. everyone goes to the bar once in a while. look around for other people who might be there alone and see whatsup.
>>
>>16787922
gyms? I go to the gym and I don't honestly feel like a place to socialize.

If it is, how do you do it?
>>
>>16787970
That doesn't make sense to me either. Most gyms I go to anyway, at least with the guys my age and older, I always get this sense of judgement and general douche-baggery. That said I met one guy who worked at the gym I used to go to that I used to chill with and shit.

anyway, i'm in the same boat, so ig i'll do the meetup thing. thanks to whoever suggested that
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.