[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure quite what to do. My family and I have been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1408977958058.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1408977958058.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
I'm not sure quite what to do. My family and I have been living in a motel for the past week waiting for our rental application to be approved. The apartment was to be rented in my dad's name but when they ran a credit check, it came back showing that he owed $1400 in unpaid rent to a previous landlord. He was completely unaware of this but we still tried to get the place. My dad called back an hour ago informing me that we were rejected and now we have no place to go. Our money is dwindling by the day and we can't afford the motel any longer. We'll probably be out in the streets in 2 or 3 days. Me and him are calling places to see if we can find a place to rent but we're unsure if any landlord will be willing to take a risk with a person who owes a month's unpaid rent to a previous landlord. I'd apply for a place but I've got no credit history (full-time college student, never taken out a loan nor owns a credit card) or stable income (though I recently got a part-time job that will probably end in March because of classes).
tl;dr: How can we get an apartment with that debt on my dad's credit history? I doubt we can get a cosigner. My dad has little to no friends willing to cosign with him and his wife is too much of a cunt to even suggest that one of her family members can do it.
>>
>>16787826
Stop whining some of us don't have motel rooms to live in
>>
>>16787826

thats rough bro. best you can do is apply under your moms name, and your name and just keep trying. even if you can only get a small studio or something to live in, its something to put a roof over your head til you get the situation fixed. i was able to rent without credit, but i had to have a cosigner and that was my dad.

>his wife is too much of a cunt to even suggest that one of her family members can do it

she'll change her mind when you guys are living on the street. its more shameful to sleep in a car than it is to ask for someone to sign a paper.
>>
You drop out of college and work to help your family

seriously its not that hard, having your degree at your 24-5 is not the end of your life
>>
>>16787890
>best you can do is apply under your moms name, and your name and just keep trying.
Yeah, that's what I thought might be the best course of action at the moment. The screening fees might bleed us a bit more but its better than living here.
>>16787926
>You drop out of college and work to help your family
As much as I'd love to do this, I've spent the past three years at a community college working to transfer out to a 4-year university. I recently got accepted a great public university for computer engineering and I feel I can't let this opportunity go.
I get financial aid and I've been using it to make ends meet at our last place but I won't get it until I start classes.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.