[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever fell out of love after a long time? Can you share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: girl10.jpg (922 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
girl10.jpg
922 KB, 2560x1600
Have you ever fell out of love after a long time? Can you share your experience?
>>
Lekker buikie
>>
Yes. We've known each other about 12 years, had been romantically involved for 9 years and have been 'apart' for about 2 months now. It's hard to explain what happened exactly, I think a lot of factors went into it. Distance was a big one, schedule incompatibility hurt a lot, plans for the future meshing up less and less....but between all of it, the flame just kind of died and there was no rekindling it. We were drifting apart fast and decided to cut our losses basically since we couldn't stand how awkward things had become between us. So we decided we were done as a couple and went back to being friends.

It's worked out. We talk more freely again, we get to spend what time we do get much more relaxed and enjoy it. I won't say it doesn't hurt still but it's going easier than I would have ever expected it to. I know it sounds cliche but we basically found that we still loved each other but were no longer in love with each other. We really are best friends though and talk about anything and everything...including new love interests. That's been the most awkward part of it...but still not as bad as I thought it might be. Kind of thought this part might be what would bring the whole idea of remaining friends afterwards tumbling down but it hasn't at all.
>>
Have a gf for 2 years, feel how her love for me slowly faded away. Last time i've felt it was about 1 year ago.
We used to laugh a lot, and do all sorts of funny crazy shit, but now she's just nagging me and fuck it's annoying. We argue weekly, she does stupid shit, but so do i, and it's sorta sad
Feel like i need some /adv/ myself
>>
Are we doomed to fall out of love eventually? I just went through a breakup with my GF of 6 years, but we have been seeing each other and feel that the spark is there sometimes.. i tried reading more about it and it seems that it is normal when the brain stops producing the chemicals that make you fall in love in the first place. I'm not sure how to keep that spark up or if there is something wrong with my thought process, maybe love evolves to something more mature the longer you stay? I'm not sure, still trying to find out what to do, op.
>>
I know exactly why I fell out of love with my partner, it was because we never had the foundations in the first place.

We're extremely different but when I met him, that was what attracted me to him. I fell in love with him, as you tend to do when you meet someone new, then over the years all the cracks started showing and eventually, I couldn't really ignore them anymore. It started with things such as him always going straight to his computer after work rather than spending time together, forgetting to do things, relying on me for certain things, never making an effort and generally just being a bit slack. I was pretty much devoted, making grand gestures often, helping him out wherever I could and just aiming to make him happy. Eventually I realised it was one sided and stopped feeling happy about making him happy.

We barely speak to each other despite the fact we live together. All the things I loved about him seemed irrelevant (his tastes, his interests), I stopped feeling any kind of spark with him and we stopped being intimate.

It's extremely difficult to admit to yourself once this has happened and incredibly difficult to end a relationship that functions. We don't argue, he was very supportive, trusts me implicitly and vice versa, we can spend time together and enjoy it. It could easily go on forever, we could get married, have a family, etc and it wouldn't be bad. I love him, he's my best friend, I just don't feel as though I'm in love with him.

I feel a pang of guilt and regret if I think about what we could have had if we'd both continued to put the effort in throughout the relationship, but I know I'm just romanticising it.

Only problem is, I haven't actually told him this yet.
>>
>>16786652
This is exactly my situation.
>>
>>16786652
>>16786968
you are al awfull people and i hope you all have horrible deaths
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.