[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i started dating this girl i met on okcupid. We share some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-02-09-03-24-05--953120789.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-09-03-24-05--953120789.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
So i started dating this girl i met on okcupid. We share some intrests video games ,anime same tv shows for the most part and i convinced her to try working out with me so we can spend time toghether it worked. Anyway on to my issue. Earlier today she told me she is really in Magic a Gathering. Ive never played it before. She ssked me if i ever played. I lied and told her i used to (Fuck you pride od mine god dammit). She said this weekend she wants to play. Loser has to do 1 thing for the winner its whatever the winner wants. Idk if this is the right place but if any of you play magic the gathering give me tips. I looked up some stuff on it but it seems diffucult still. Am i fucked /adv/? Should i just tell the truth and say i lied? I might fess up and ask her to teach me and ill just do that favor for her.
>>
>>16786084
it's not hard to learn the basics of MTG. She'll probably school you if she's into it, but you can just say that you haven't played in forever. That being said, if you don't know how lands/casting spells work, the jig will be up. Maybe go to a friday night magic in your area to scope things out
>>
I belive you can learn for free online via wizards of the coast website mught be wrong on that tho ... the other anon is right about mechanics of the game aswell you really wouod want to learn how things get playe dif you want to seem like you have at least played before. I want to know what your goin to do about a deck tho ... is she going to bring on for you ? Are you going to just go and buy a starter deck ? I whould also point out the MTG get pricey fast (12 year vet reporting in i have well over $4k worth of cards split between 20 odd decks ...) i personally would just say you have played before but not much and should do the favour in exchange for a few lessons ...
>>
>>16786112
She said ahe would bring me a deck.
>>16786097
Yeah it sounded like she plays it regularly. I want to try to get into it honestly so i can enjoy it with her.
>>
>>16786131
Its not a hard game after you learn the basics bro how long do you have untill the gane night ?
>>
>>16786140
Probably until friday night
>>
>>16786180
Might be saturday if she is tired after work.
>>
Just google "How to play MTG" for the basics. You're not going to be any good and you'll lose. Which sounds like it's in your favour in this situation.
>>
>>16786196
Yeah i guess that is true. But i mean if i win its a for sure going to end with her making me a sandwich. Idk if her request is going to be let me make you a sandwich you know.
>>
>>16786084
>I lied and told her i used to
underage detected

fuck off kid
>>
Hopefully the loser (you) will be forced to lick her asshole or something
>>
>I lied and told her i used to
>(Fuck you pride od mine
Retarded, man. You can learn the game in a day, it's easy. There are probably Magic video games that you can find on some torrent site so you can learn that way. Since she's bringing you a deck, you're not expected to show any mastery since you're not experienced with the deck. Normally, people build their own decks.

But getting nervous over it is silly, she just wants to have some fun, not have an actual competition.

If you didn't go into too much detail while lying, and said that you only played the game a little bit, you can lie again about how you mistook it for some other trading card game whose name you can't remember anymore.
>>
tap waterx3
counterspell

im douin ir rite fellaws?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.