[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Many people here on 4chan, including myself, talk about wanting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: GOODFIGHT_header1.jpg (55 KB, 780x347) Image search: [Google]
GOODFIGHT_header1.jpg
55 KB, 780x347
Many people here on 4chan, including myself, talk about wanting a GF.

It's not uncommon to see people saying that people want to enter in a relationship because they want validation. Probably a sign of low self esteem?

If that's the case, where does someone find a source of validation that doesn't come from the approval of others?
>>
>>16785631
>If that's the case, where does someone find a source of validation that doesn't come from the approval of others?
Developing a skill that has concrete, non-subjective results.
>>
>>16785631

its sad cuz wnting a gf is a sure way to get into a bad relationship, or worse, no relationsihp at all.

i find the best way to enjoy life is enjoy it on your own. being single can be fun. than when you meet someone you actually like (and not just the first person willing to get with you) you just enjoy it a little bit more, and still have your old life when they leave.

people arent appliances. you should only want a gf when someone specific makse you want that. otherwise you are looking for an imaginary hypothetical situation. no.

>where does domsone find a source of validation that doesn't come from the approval of others.

why nto get approval in some form? relationships arent a form of approval. invest your time in a creative hobby.

therei s a huge difference between reading a book and writing one. even if only six people read your story and say they enjoyed it, its a huge rush just to get to the end of the novel and say 'wow, i cant believe i wrote a novel;.

draw a comic, write a book, film a movie, record an audio play, make a video game, animate a short, learn 3D animation, build your own treasure chest, flip a house.

do something that has goals that you can meet, then work towards them. then either go bigger, or simply move on to a new creative hobby.

even if you suck at it you are only doing it for personal enjoyment.
>>
>>16785664

Today I was talking with a girl, and despite not having a romantic interest in her, I was slightly anxious about saying the "right thing".

I think that happened because of my need for approval.

I do have hobbies. Sometimes I make simple games.

Even though those things provide momentary satisfaction, the desire for approval is still there.
>>
>>16785707

it always will be. but that approval only gives short term satisfaction to. finding what you like to do and doing it a lot is how you sustain satisfaction.

as for her, you dont need universal approval. whatever bad happens in asking her out is over ten minutes later when shes no loner thinking about it, and no one else really knows, so why worry?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.