[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm camping this weekend in a tent. The forecast is a high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I'm camping this weekend in a tent. The forecast is a high of -18 and a low of -25, no snow though.
I know all the basic tips for keeping warm like pee before going to bed, wear lots of layers and eat hot sugary foods.

Any extra tips for a comfortable sleep and avoiding hypothermia?
>>
Put a rock in the fire to get hot, then wrap it in something and put at bottom near your feet in your sleeping bag .
>>
Put lots of layers beneath you as well in your bedding. If it's around and can be laid flat, put it under you. Everything that separates you from the ground is a plus.

Also be careful about moisture. There's bound to be condensation in the tent from your breath alone, but make sure the sides of the tent aren't sloping down toward your bedding. You don't want to get wet because you really can't afford to take stuff off.
>>
native reporting in
northern cree who had trapper parents
--
if you have a wood stove in your tent
cut down a 10 to 12 foot skraggy pine - skraggy, deader the better
dont cut any branches and do not cut into sections
just drag the tree near the front of your tent with base near the entrance
sleep near the stove with a small axe
in the morning - just reach out grab the tree, drag part of it in, break off the branches use for kindling
cut into log lengths as you move it in
use smaller pieces to start fire
use large pieces to get fire going
by the time the tree is all used up and burnt, you are ready to start your morning
- -
this is how most trappers went to bed at minus 40 and 50
>>
>>16784648
M U M M Y B A G S

also wool socks and long johns
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.