[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scarification?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have scars all over my body from cutting in the past, and am thinking about getting some scarification done to sort of hide them. Is this a good idea? I worry about discrimination and having to keep like my arms covered all the time while at work, but that's something I already do to hide the scars I have. Still that's something to think about. I'll post more pics later but this is my right thigh. Before this is want to get my left arm done but I gotta go for a bit. Will post the rest of my scars later :/
>>
>>16784314
youre making the problem worse, just get some bio oil for your scars
>>
>>16784325
I've done bio oil before. It's great for the skin but does nothing for the scars. These are all several years old and not going away, trust me. I take amazing care of my skin now and the scars haven't improved at all.

That is a thought, though. That I'd be making it worse. You might be right but I think I would rather my scars be body art than just self-harm. I was thinking id make a consultation appointment with a highly rated scarification place and ask what they thought they could do to work with the scars already there. I saw a fish piece done to cover some scars and it looked like it turned out well.

Idk so undecided.
>>
Man I was hoping there would be more interest in this, or someone that had done it. Google doesn't seem to bring up too much yet. Guess I'll keep at it
>>
>>16784314
wear them proud
get tattoos

make up a story about climbing over razor wire.
>>
Scarification will only bring more attention to it.
Cover them with tattoos instead, they're infinitely more socially acceptable than scarification, which even if to cover up pre-existing scars looks like it was only done to healthy flesh.
>>
>>16784548
For a while I did wear short sleeves like I didn't care. Might try it again in the summer. Definitely not gonna lie about them though. There's no reason to make up stories.

>>16784552
Well I'm worried about the tattoos not covering them so well because some are raised and some are lower the skin surface. Plus in the sun they're shiny and kind of obvious. But scars are kinda weird and sometimes people don't notice them at all, and I'm reading from people that have had it done that they're like that once past the pink stage. Like they're kinda subtle, but then if someone did notice it would look artsy hopefully. And not like SI scars?

Feel like I should talk to a decent artist and be evaluated it whatever
>>
Coffee grounds can remove stretch marks, I think they do the same for scars.

Wash your body then massage coffee grounds on the marks. The caffeine should reduce them almost immediately.
>>
Seems kind of overkill. I doubt I'd notice scars like that unless I know what I was looking for. I have a few myself, and you gain a number just by living really.
>>
If I had learned something is that fixing the defects don't work

I'd get a tattoo

I'd notice my veins too much, got surgery and it didn't fix shit and got a bill, I got one of the best docs and even if I don't notice them that much, I'm in the same spot and in time it will be as bad as before

rock it with a tattoo or if you can get some korean creams for scars
>>
How long have your scars been there? My self-harm scars started to fade after a while, but it took a few years -- now you can't really see them at all.

Maybe they just need time?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.