[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get my life on track
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
I turn 21 in April, male. I have a full time job in a financial field that doesn't pay too bad but sucks all life energy out of me. Because of that and a few other things I suffer from depression.

I wanna quit my job and focus on the things I love - digital art, graphic design, making music, maybe some web design and coding related to it.

How do I go about starting to make a living from the above things? What do I need to do, what path do I need to take?

I know that it's possible but I need yout advice, because I'm kinda lost and shut down by other unmotivated people.

Thanks a bunch
>>
>>16783872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhRXn2NRiWI
>>
You can't live on doing shit everyone enjoys doing unless you're extraordinary good at it.
>>
It's hard to make a living from digital jobs as there are a lot of people hanging around online who want to make money from mom's basement and don't mind low pay rates. Anything delivered electronically is also open to competition from outsourcers in low-income countries, where folk with PhDs labour for $3 per hour.

If you want out of the finance world and enjoy making things, consider leveraging your design skills into a craft that can't be picked up by anyone in Bangladesh with an internet connection - real, physical items. It sounds to me like carpentry could be just the career you're looking for.
>>
And for anyone who has similar interests as mine, watch this, it's pretty motivating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1oZhEIrer4
>>
File: JjQkz8w.jpg (81 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
JjQkz8w.jpg
81 KB, 1080x1080
>>16783887
Hmm, I need to find a way around this because internet connection is basically the thing that will allow me to follow my dream. And that is to be able to just go to a cafe, the beach or wherever with my laptop and do some work.

Remote is a keyword I'm looking for I think

Thanks for the input on the carpentry, I'm gonna look into that also
>>
>>16783872

Keep your day job until you're good enough at doing that other stuff to get paid a living wage. You think you're depressed now, just wait until you've been unemployed for a long period of time while failing to get clients as a freelance whatever. You won't make it as any of those things unless you bust your ass and distinguish yourself. Good luck.
>>
File: img_0673.jpg (689 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
img_0673.jpg
689 KB, 1280x1920
>>16783996
Thanks for the input and good luck to you too.

Safe, reasonable approach seems logical - best to work on my abilities while I have a solid source of income.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.