[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been having this issue where I feel like the majority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1453703757625.jpg (110 KB, 850x398) Image search: [Google]
1453703757625.jpg
110 KB, 850x398
I've been having this issue where I feel like the majority of people in my life are too nosy and controlling.

I'm in my late twenties now, and was previously unemployed for a long period. During this period, I managed to spend a lot of time with friends and had lots of communication with family. I was always around, not always because I wanted to be, but because I simply had nothing else better to do. All the while, I was always being "motivated" to do more, and get out there, etc etc.

As of now, I've been working a new job for a few months, and have been spending much more time on some of my hobbies. Because of this, I am not around nearly as much as I used to be and now everyone is starting to get up my ass about it.

I've always been a private person, and not having constantly updated everyone on my every action has people assuming some pretty weird shit.

My parents have just assumed that I'm now a shut-in, completely alone, shuttering in the corner with a blanket on. For no reason.

My friends think I'm hiding away in some new video game I've found, but won't tell anyone of so they can't play either. I'm not.

I have no idea where half of this shit even comes from. I finally start getting my life back together and everyone assumes I'm up to something shifty. I feel like I'm supposed to be "at the bottom" to these people, always available for whenever it suits them. The minute I'm not, they all seem to flip their shit.

What do you do with people like this?
>>
>>16781343
One of the best things I ever did was limit the amount of interaction me and my parents have. If you're parents are controlling and you're setting some distance or boundaries, good for you.

I find it something of a red flag that your friends are like this though.

>What do you do with people like this?
Aside from family, cut them out of your life. Then find better friends. If you feel you need friends, even shitty friends, at all times, then make new friends first and then ditch the old ones.

Seriously, if your friends treat you like shit, they have no business being your friends.
>>
Awwwww, the manchilds uoaet his family and friends carw about him. Pooooor youuuuuu. Want a tissue?

Grow up already you fucking homo. Jesus christ.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.