[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need advice tl;dr Co-Worker is trying to get me fired from my job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: kittydrink.png (829 KB, 972x733) Image search: [Google]
kittydrink.png
829 KB, 972x733
I need advice

tl;dr

Co-Worker is trying to get me fired from my job
>>
I need advice for an odd situation at work,

long story short, friend of mine who is a girl (I'm a guy) and a co-worker suddenly went silent on me and I found out she was speaking to management about me.

Now, I'm usually the guy to keep his nose clean and while I've been in this situation before, I can honestly say I haven't done anything wrong to this girl.

To cover the basics and most obvious questions:
-No, I did not date her
-No, I did not sexually harass her in any way
-No, I did not verbally offend her in any way
-No, I did not place my hands on her at any point
-No, I have not given her a reason to try to get me fired

What I DID do, and this is the only clue I have about the situation, was that she has been elevated from her original position (not a full promotion, but might be if she plays her cards right) and hears confidential information from management.

Coincidentally, there were multiple incidents from a previous or current disgruntled employee (most likely a male) and she had confided in me but did not tell me this was confidential information.

I started telling other people about it, thinking it was common knowledge, after all security certainly knew about it and some people talk to security already but furthermore I felt it should be known among the employees that there was a possible danger to us...

she confronted me and asked me if I was telling anyone. I told her non-chalantly, "yeah, I told a couple of people. You didn't tell me to keep it a secret." I shrugged it off and she walked away

I didn't pick-up at all that she was angry or why she would be, it's just a series of petty incidents.

Turns out, manager initiated an investigation with the Sherriff's and now had to tell all of us during a meeting of all the happenings in and around the building.

My friend deleted my off instagram and now she doesn't speak to me.
fine- whatever... I continue working how I usually do.
>>
>>16780094

>>cont

I realize now that she must have been angry because I may have jeopardized her new position or whatever.

Another part of me thinks she might just think I'm the disgruntled employee!

I don't know what to think, but today I found out she was talking to security about me and is planning on getting me fired, probably reporting every single thing I do.

So, I need advice on how to proceed. It's made me very angry and I want to protect myself aggressively and prepare a defamation suit if necessary, but I never kept record of our hangouts during lunch and breaks and our conversations. We went from good pals to enemies in a matter of a week (from her perspective, not mine), and only now do I see the seriousness of my actions.

Any suggestions?
>>
Sounds like honest miscommunication. Whatever happens, just remember it's out of your control and to accept the situation.
>>
Next time don't be an workplace snitch bitch. Workplace gossip is for cunts. Are you a cunt OP? If so, you deserve what's coming to you. Especially for not knowing when to keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>16780105
>she was talking to security about me and is planning on getting me fired,
Go to your boss and lay things out unemotionally, that you've done nothing to be fired over and think that trumped-up charges are being prepared falsely against you.
>>
File: how to spit game.png (135 KB, 1200x400) Image search: [Google]
how to spit game.png
135 KB, 1200x400
>>16780623

not a cunt, actually I've been in situations like this before.

the last time I worked in a place of co-workers I had similar things happen, but of course nothing happened since I was in the green.

I know that girls can be touchy and fickle, but it seems like they try to bully me and making things up about me because I'm nice.

I'm equally respectful to everyone, and they see that as a weakness I guess.
>>
>>16780688

only problem is someone has approached me about it that wasn't supposed to, and if I went to the boss she would know and I would probably be in trouble now with a second person.

It's more drama than it should be, but mostly because the department is mostly girls, and I'm one of the few straight males there.

I don't think in this particular case its sexism, but I have had certain immature girls there give me rotten looks for no reason other than to let me know (again for no reason) that they don't like me.

I just think this is how women bully, and it sucks because I can't do anything about it.

I don't intentionally make myself a target (wearing dumb shirts or initiating contact) I honestly just think girls are that insecure where I work and have nothing better to do.

Anyways, I'm standing my ground. I'll see how ugly this gets the next week or so.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.