[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend wants to go to Norway for a year to study the language.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_9818.jpg (75 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9818.jpg
75 KB, 1600x1067
My girlfriend wants to go to Norway for a year to study the language. I don't really want her to because we used to live apart for years before she was finally able to move in with me, and it sucked. She's happy for me to go with her but I really don't want to. I wouldn't be able to find work there, so what would I do?

Should I let her go?
>>
Probably. She doesn't sound very invested in the development of the relationship, whereas you do. I'm not sure if she knows that the relationship cannot really progress if she's in Norway and that you can't realistically follow her there. (Plus it would be foolish for you to take that risk for the sake of a relationship with a person who is not only lacking the same contribution of effort, but is in fact making decisions that work against its future.) But either way I just don't think she cares. That's unfortunate but people have different priorities at different times in their life. You can't make her care about something she doesn't care about.

I think you'd be happier with a girlfriend who prioritizes, at least in part, the growth of your relationship beyond "remote companionship." Not to rag on your girlfriend too much but depending on your age it might be really easy to find someone with those mature expectations, too.
>>
>>16779666
This is bullshit. The real answer:

B B C
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.