[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
I'm currently traveling alone, noticed that i had the time of my life for a few months. But when i stopped drinking everyday i feel depresed again and i don't feel like hanging out with anyone.
So now thinking back i noticed that the only times i've been happy the last 5 years has been when i was drunk or high.
My Dad and both my grandpas are alcoholic so i don't want to go that way.

Anyone been in same position?
How does one deal with this?
Where can i travel to try and find inner peace or whatever.
>>
>>16777926
take up smoking and gambling, should take your mind off the alcohol
>>
>>16777926
>Where can I travel to try and find inner peace
>Travel to try and find inner peace
>Travel...find inner peace
>Travel...inner

OP, my bro, I believe you have some deeper issues than simply alcohol. I feel your trying to run away from what I gather in that one sentence. No normal, healthy human should feel DEPRESSED without a substance. You are already hooked on it and need a bit of help from the alcohol and whatever else ales you in not finding happiness. You do NOT need to travel anywhere for "inner" peace. Inner peace is from within yourself, not what's around you. Though would sitting outdoors in nature hurt? By all means no. That said, the best place to "travel" for inner peace is to begin reflecting in yourself and what you truly need. Do some "soul" searching.

I'm no expert by any means OP I'm just a normal fag. But step away from the electronics sit down somewhere for 20 minutes and just take some time to think to yourself. Who are you? Where are you going? What are you lacking or feel you missed out on previously in life? How can you achieve these goals and obtain self-value so you will no longer NEED anything to make you happy and merely be happy? I'm sure there's tons of books, blogs, youtube videos, etc for meditation or finding happiness. Good luck to you OP! I hope that helped.

>>16777934
Also that's a horrible suggestion. Unless OP is ubber rich there is no sense in him shortening his life with smoking and wasting his money.
>>
>>16777934
I don't really have a trouble with alcohol, generally i don't drink much.
Just now noticed that being drunk makes me feel happiness.
Also been smoking for many years and gambling is not for me as i can't stop.

>>16777945
I've been doing "soul" searching, a lot.
All i figured out is that i want to be free, free from work, free from education, free from social stigmas. When i look at the future the only way i see me to be happy is with money. But is it worth being unhappy for 90% of my life to enjoy the 10%?
I want to be a 'just go with the flow kinda person' but at the same time i disslike people that don't take responsobility in life. But on the other hand responsobility is also something i want to avoid.
When i look at it at all seems so pointless , nothing really matters i'm here and i'll die.
The only thing that makes sense is to feel happy but i can't unless i fill most of my time with unhappiness.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.