[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After dropping out of college and going nowhere with my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: s.jpg (146 KB, 740x516) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
146 KB, 740x516
After dropping out of college and going nowhere with my life for two years, I've finally decided that I might want to become a police officer. What are some of the requirements for this? If my college dropout status doesn't affect my chances, I'm going to actually try and get more fit before actually going for it, or does training include that? Basically what do
I need to know before making this an official plan. Pic semi related because I want to dispense justice.
>>
Both things depend completely on where you live. Why didn't you do any research?
>>
>>16776767
I did look up my towns requirements.

"Education
Applicants must have a high school diploma and 30 hours of college from an accredited college or university. If the applicant does not have a high school diploma, they must have a G.E.D. and have completed 30 hours at an accredited college or university with at least a 2.0

OR

Applicants must possess a high school diploma AND have four years Active Military Duty with an Honorable Discharge within the past 18 months.

OR

If you do not possess a high school diploma you must possess a GED AND have completed at least 30 hours of college from an accredited institution of higher learning with at least a 2.0 GPA AND have four years Active Military Duty with an Honorable Discharge within the past 18 months."

I don't think I qualify under any of these circumstances due to my dropout status. I failed 5/10 of my classes and got kicked out. Training says it consists of Cross-Fit work outs, I just figured it might be good to get a headstart.
>>
>>16776767
>being this lazy
>wanting to become a cop...

Lots of cities require you have at least two years of college, an honorable discharge from the armed services or X amount of years as a peace officer.
>>
File: Super-1_(Let's_Go_Kamen_Riders).jpg (178 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Super-1_(Let's_Go_Kamen_Riders).jpg
178 KB, 1366x768
>>16776785
Honestly after being stuck in retail jobs for two years, it's the only thing besides artsy jobs that interests me. It would also just generally be better for me, mentally and physically. What exactly is a Peace Officer? I meet the requirements (No college).
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.