[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Professors dun goofed up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 9ckxcr.jpg (45 KB, 550x649) Image search: [Google]
9ckxcr.jpg
45 KB, 550x649
My professors were requested to provide the financial aid office with my attendance records from last semester (specifically, the LATEST date I had attended).

The dates they provided resulted in charges to my student account....significant ones.

Problem is, the dates some of them gave are wrong. One said my last day in class was in October, but I have back-and-forth emails between us about assignments and shit from late November. (Stuff I wouldn't even know about had I not been attending.)

The other one said my last day in his class was in early November....but I TOOK THE FINAL EXAM FOR THE CLASS. Y'know, the very LAST thing you FUCKING do in a class.

So, now I owe money...and the icing on the cake: the federal deadline to change the info submitted has passed, so I may not even be able to correct their mistakes and get the debt cleared.

What do? I'm pretty disappoint.
>>
>>16774533
have you talked with the professors? Where are you from?
>>
Just found out that their dates were innacurate earlier yesterday...emailed them about it, no reply yet.

I'm gonna try to get something worked out with the Dept of Education, since finaid at the school can't fix the error. (They're being awesome and helpful though, its just out of their hands.)

I'm in VA.
>>
>>16774533
Professor (not yours) writing here.

If indeed they screwed up (and sometimes we do) they will want very much to set it right.

Do this:

1. Go to the dean of your college. Explain everything, NOT belligerently. Ask for that office's help in getting financial aid to reverse itself or at least delay action until this gets corrected.

2. Go to Financial Aid office with the same request.

3. Contact the professors with your evidence of attendance and ask for a letter admitting the error and correcting it. DO NOT get angry. Just say an eror was made and you need their help correcting it.

4. Bring their letters to Financial Aid and/or the Dean

(Even if federal deadlines have passed, the university may be able to get an extension/correction for you. If not, they will probably feel obligated to give you their own financial aid to cover the problem.)

Believe it or not, no one is out to screw you. Everyone involved has a vested interest in keeping you in school, and if they screwed up, they'll do all they can to fix it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.