[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I on the spectrum? I've always known something was wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: giphy (2).gif (439 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
439 KB, 400x285
Am I on the spectrum?

I've always known something was wrong with me but I was never quite sure what, but now that I put the pieces together it's starting to sound a lot like what people autistic/asperger people describe.

1. Violent outbursts which involve a complete loss of rationality and self-abuse, usually hitting myself on the head or other parts of my body
2. Difficulty controlling and expressing emotions
>I laugh when people are very upset or angry with me, even though I really feel bad for them
>If someone tells me something very sad I'll have a hard time empathizing with them. I will empathize with them inside (i'm not sociopathic) but I don't know how to express it, I'll just repeat stuff I hear in movies when people console other people

3. I repeat words and phrases when people say them to myself, usually under my breath but sometimes people hear them and it's embarrassing as fuck

4. Extremely sensitive to sound as a kid, loud noises scared the fuck out of me. They scare me less now but it's still more jarring than I would say for the average person.

Like I said if you met me I would seem like a totally normal person albeit with some weird hobbies and interests.I had to learn a lot about not being an awkward fuck in school (mostly learned it from watching other people/movies/tv shows)

But sometimes these parts of me are exposed to my friends and it's so embarrassing, especially the outbursts.
>>
>>16772273
The only way to know for sure is to get tested, like I did
>>
>>16772401
this. they may first give you an mmpi which will screen you for shit like mood disorders and personality disorders and shit. but I don't think that specifically looks for autism. I believe that is a separate test.

I will say, if you do any testing and they give you a copy of the results, be prepared for it to sound harsh. the tests are designed to look for what's wrong with you, not what's right. so the results can sound like a big laundry list of "HERES WHY U SUCK LOL" when they're just trying to be clinical and thorough.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.