[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I still read the news despite of the fact that it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: bubble wrap.jpg (36 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
bubble wrap.jpg
36 KB, 500x374
Should I still read the news despite of the fact that it doesn't contribute anything but meaninless stress into my life?
>>
Just hide in a little bubble, watch '90s cartoons and superhero movies, talk about them on Reddit, and pretend you're still a child. Just shut your eyes and plug your ears and tell yourself everything's fine.
>>
>>16775215
You're reading the wrong news.

I used to get pissed off all the time because I would listen to 5+ hours of talk radio a day, watch the news for 2-3 hours at night, and read the news. I did this for like 10 years. I still do all those things but cut way back. I still do a lot of the talk radio but now it's mostly just sports and technology.

I read the news everyday though. Usually my local and drudge, but I stick to topics like science, technology, history, and food. Politics would trigger me so I just stopped. I still stay informed but I'm nowhere near as enveloped in it.
>>
>>16775255
The zika is running amok in Brazil and they still want to refuse to give women birth control or abortions purely for no fucking reason other than being literally evil.

Some syrian refugees are raping children and getting a slap on the wrist and inspiring hostility from the native towards ALL of them, even the ones who don't want to ruin everything, they just want to avoid dying.

And when the white dude lynch mobs get started, they're going to get carried away and will probably just go ahead and come to rape and kill me too.
>>
>>16775265
>they still want to refuse to give women birth control or abortions purely for no fucking reason other than being literally evil
wrong, its not about evil its about MUH JESUS

I still read the new york times every day even though I often call it "everything horrible that happened in the world yesterday"
>>
>>16775281
>not about evil its about MUH JESUS
"You can't do that because of my religion" is evil.

I mean I know I'm rich and white and completely safe but I hate knowing that 2/3rds of the planet would like to kill me just to make me stop existing.
>>
>>16775289
nah you're overthinking things, 2/3 of the planet wants to kill you so they can take your stuff
>>
>>16775295
That'd be 9/10. I think I still belong to the international 1% when it comes to having stuff.
>>
Don't put the worries of the world on your shoulders, OP. These things will happen in the world whether you worry about them or not.
>>
>>16775411
So I should ignore the news?

What happens when brazil collapses?
>>
>>16775215
You're reading the wrong news.
>>
>>16775473
What news should I be reading instead?
>>
>>16775483
What do you want to know about?
>>
>>16775467
What difference does it make if you read the news or not? All events that happen will happen whether you read about them or not.

If you're worried about Brazil collapsing, well, why not worry about it once it's actually happened? You'll find that you can't do anything when you worry, and most of your worries never actually occur.
>>
>>16775492
The state of the world.
>>
>>16775215
Watch/read it only on Wednesdays and Sundays. A lot of sources tend to get updates on current issues and restate a lot of the same things at these times. This is just my experience, however.
>>
>>16775744
How do I avoid the news otherwise?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.