[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it ever acceptable to date your friends ex's? If yes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1454350441909.jpg (66 KB, 366x364) Image search: [Google]
1454350441909.jpg
66 KB, 366x364
Is it ever acceptable to date your friends ex's?

If yes, why?

If no, why?

Just out of interest.
>>
Depends how they broke up, depends how long they were together, depends how long ago they broke up. If you're really worried, tell your friend your interested in their ex and see what they say
>>
i'd say it depends on the relationship they had before (if it was only a little 4 months relationship with not so much love involved, no problem) and how they managed to get over their exes...

Right now i'm seeing an ex of one of my good friend, they dated like 7 years ago for 4 years, now he's with another cutie and he's totally over his ex, i'm pretty sure i could date her without causing trouble.
My best friend broke up with his gf like 3 months ago and he's definitly not over it even if he play it cool, just hanging with her would cause me trouble and piss him off and i can totally understand that.

It's been 15 months now that i broke up with my ex and i wouldnt be ok with a friend of mine dating her, i loved her so much that i want her out of my life forever now...

As i said, it depend on the situation
>>
CONTEXT, MOTHERFUCKER. WHAT IS IT?
>>
>>16775180
I'm just curious really.

I like my friends girlfriend, they split up a few weeks ago. He seems to be over her, seeing other girls so I'm starting to wonder if it would be ok to make a move, or if I should forget the whole thing.

I've always considered it an unspoken rule, you do not fuck with your friends ex's. But now I'm starting to wonder if I'm right or wrong in thinking that.
>>
>>16775230
Hang out with her. If your friend gives you any problems for this, assume he's not gonna appreciate it going further. When things look like they might be starting with her, is the time to ask him if he's okay with you dating her. Something simple, but direct.
>>
>>16775251
>>16775230
no, it's more than that. You have to be aggressively considerate because sometimes people will say "oh, it's fine" because they're trying to get over that person, but in reality it's not fine. I've had friend groups shatter because of this.

He has to be able to be okay not only with you fucking her, dating her, etc - but he has to be okay socializing with her still and so does SHE, she can't turn into a bitch or cold, or him, and there can't be any other conflict about it.

Unless they were only dating like a month or two, a couple weeks is not nearly enough time for both parties to have moved on, gotten over it, and come back together again as friends post-relationsip.

If you really wanna go for it, though, go for it. But don't expect to remain friends with the dude.
>>
>>16775230
My friend did that without asking me if it was okay, i broke his nose. Ended up getting back together with my girlfriend, she told me how sleezy the friend was.

Word of advise, find your own girlfriend and not your friends seconds.
>>
That's really up to your friend. But err on the side of caution. Dating a friend's ex is shallow, sleazy, and supremely dickish.
>>
Thanks for all the responses. They were together a long time so if I do ever make a move, although I most likely wont because the whole idea is a bit sketchy and uncharted, it wont be for a long time yet. I'll give it way more time and see how things play out.

Ultimately, I'd never lose a friend over something like this, and I'd never go behind their back either.
>>
>>16775332
You're just a pathetic cuck virgin i assume. Just go date a 1/10 morbidly obese chick, if you're lucky she'll peg you faggot.
>>
Only do this if it's at your friend's suggestion.

Even in that case, it might be some bullshit test of your loyalty, but if that's the case, you don't such a faggot for a friend anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.