[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think my friend might be an awful person... and I think I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Sad-Puppy.jpg (58 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Puppy.jpg
58 KB, 300x275
I think my friend might be an awful person... and I think I am awful for being friends with her and thinking shes funny. Is there any objectivity to morality? I get guilted a lot by friends, but I don't know if those friends are right or my friend is, how do you gauge your morality.
>>
You have to explain why you think she is awful, or why other people tell you she is awful.

Generally speaking, awful people are funny until they start being awful to you. Something to think about.
>>
>Is there any objectivity to morality?
Why the fuck does it matter?

Regardless of the objectivity, or lack of objectivity, in morality, if you know someone is doing something that is wrong then you should not simply discard it because "muh subjective morality."

I do believe morality is subjective, but that doesn't mean I don't think people are assholes if they do something I consider shitty. That doesn't mean I don't hold myself to moral/ethical standards.
>>
>>16774486
Oh, she just can be incredibly offensive and unapologetic... she shocked a group of my other friends by saying this "I'm native American and I got over the whole rape of my people, mostly because chad down the street isn't marching me across the fucking country, hes flipping my fucking burger, I don't give a shit about the massacres, the world war 2 camps, or the russians fucking up my people... I got over it, its a little wierd that a bunch of hipsters can't seem to pull their heads out of their collective asses and get over it too... I mean shit I have a Hamburger slut T-shirt for a god damn reason, America fucking rocks, I can't wait to get my good ol fashioned Murica scooter, with my Murican flag and drive my fat ass down to the heart attack grill and literally eat a whole pig stuffed with Bacon thats my reparations, the ability to buy four cheeseburgers for 5 bucks eat all of them, jill, then fall asleep covered in grease ." I thought her rant was hilarious, she goes off on rants like that often when we hang out, but I dunno, my other friends didn't get the jokes or took it too seriously... but they went off on her, she just laughed it off and told me "Come over later if you wanna play some video games or something, these cucks need to yank the tampons out of their asses." one of my other best friends then said "How can you hang out with that woman, she is the most awful person I have ever seen, how can she live with herself. The rest of hanging out with them was just them saying what a horrible person she was, and it made me feel like, maybe she was... the whole night she said stuff that I found humorous but it obviously offended other people in the group, when they called her out on it, she would tell them to either "Nut up"or"Laugh a little you cuck."When me and her hang out, or me her and other friends hang out, it all seems fine... I mean she can be harsh but I never realized just HOW harsh she can be, I don't know if me finding it funny is good
>>
>>16774517
Your friends are sensitive little babies and should stop whining, they sound pathetic. You should too if you agree with them.
>>
>>16774530
So she isn't an awful person?
>>
>>16774538
No, she's not.
>>
I have a fairly black and white sense of morality

>>16774517
Doesnt seem that bad though. Worst case scenario she can be accused of having a bad sense of humor, she's not actively harming anyone.

Don't mix up liking someone and being a good or bad person. There are lots of moral people whos company I don't seek.
>>
>>16774517

She's apparently a crass person without tact, but that doesn't mean she's evil. People who don't enjoy her jokes or her personality just apparently need to point out how terrible she is and how morally superior they are.
>>
You are now at 4chan were we celebrate this kind of behavior, joke about dead babys and what the hell not.
I think i would get along well with your friend.
I have morbid sense of humor, and can be rude just for the hell of it. IE: look at a girl up and down, when she notice i am looking at her i say something like: You know what you would suit you? A little bit of jogging!

But for the most part i keep my mouth shut, because people out in the real world are not like the people here at 4chan.
Most people get too offended to easy, for things that in theory should not concern them.

So no, i dont think she is a bad person, its just that eveyone got their panties in a bunch, and are so god damn PC now a days.
>>
>>16774582
She has been referred to as, Racist, Mysogonistic, has internalized mysogyny, a bigot, obnoxious, hateful, homophobic, transphobic, a right wing nutjob, a left wing radical, islamaphobic, blasphemous, ect. Ect. She is an absolute blast to hang around one on one, but things people joke about in private, she says openly without any tact or shame, when we were in highschool it was very funny, but now that we're older I question if its mature or even good that she is like that... She has an Ironclad self esteem too, you can't offend her, which I think also gets people mad at her.
>>
>>16774517

Wish I had a friend like that, she sounds fun.
>>
File: 1432617472181.jpg (303 KB, 1128x1536) Image search: [Google]
1432617472181.jpg
303 KB, 1128x1536
>>16774517
>>16774538

She sounds like wife material to me and your friends sound like sensitive liberals.
>>
Kill yourself op
>>
>>16774640
Do you think she actually is any of those things? Because that sounds more like it's just name calling to me. Maybe they're the bad people. Or maybe you're bad for not sticking up for your friend when people insult her.
>>
There may or may not be any objectivity to morality, but if there is not, then there os no meaning or value in it.

>>16774517
I'm afraid I can't see any evil in the things you describe. Poor taste, perhaps, but there's nothing evil about being tasteless. If this is the worst your friend does, then she's a better person than most, and certainly not evil.

Could you talk a little about the rest of the people in your group? Any Asians or Russians or any of the other groups she mentioned on that rant? I'm not sure that I see any particular call they might have had for offense: it all sounds like some kind of paternalistic offense-by-proxy Tumblrite bullshit.
>>
>>16774517
yeah she's fine

your friends are mad for one of the following reasons:
1. she's insulting them
2. she's not playing a victim and it's ruining their game by making them look bad
3. they don't get parody

I mean shit like "I got over the genocide of my people because there's cheap fast food now" is pretty damn good material

>She has been referred to as, Racist, Mysogonistic, has internalized mysogyny, a bigot, obnoxious, hateful, homophobic, transphobic, a right wing nutjob, a left wing radical, islamaphobic, blasphemous, ect. Ect.

None of what you revealed about her jokes are genuine expressions of any of that stuff, so I can only assume that she's merely playfully making fun of your friends that are concerned with these issues. The power dynamic has swung pretty hard to P.C., and good comedy speaks truth to power, which power finds uncomfortable.

Actually, this would be funny to flip on it's head and accuse them of bullying her (which 2bh they kind of seem to be)
>>
File: sam.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sam.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>16775156
she sounds like the female sam hyde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EActHOQq0bI
>>
>>16774667
She is loads of fun, She is a big shit talker when she plays video games, even solo, even coop.
She is very comfortable with her body and her looks, if you dare her to flash her tits or moon, theres a pretty good chance she'll do it. A guy friend of ours told her to flash her tits to some old guys fishing, and one said "Bless you girl, I needed that."
>>16774880
I dunno, she never seems like she holds onto relationships long, her behaviour can be a bit much for people... she also doesn't seem to take relationships that seriously, her last boyfriend dumped her because she didn't spend enough time with him, another dumped her because he felt uncomfortable by various things she did. She dumped a guy for not having sex with her enough.
>>16775031
I can understand why they would call her those things. She is offensive in what she says and some things she does...
>>16775128
One of the girls is Asian, she said my friend is not a good person and is a bad influence.
>>16775156
Its hard to say where her political lines are drawn, when you ask her anything seriously about politics she usually goes into some kind of humorous rant, its like she can't take anything political serious. When we were talking about feminism she said "Feminism is the fun vampire, and I don't mean a kick ass vampire who wants to party in a limo, pick up hookers, do lines off the hooker's ass, then bury her in a ditch... the shitty kind of fun vampire that bounces from fun thing to fun thing, sucking all the fun out of them... Having fun with video games? time to suck the fun out of that, its fucking problematic and makes my lip hair twitch in fury... Movies? Time to sink my fangs into that and drain the fucking fun out of it because it knots my pit hair in a twist..." I don't know if she actually doesn't like feminism or its easy for her to find jokes about it.
>>
>>16774517

I would marry that girl. You judge a person by their actions, not their opinions or their sense of humor. Your other friends are politically-correct hypocrites who have probably never shared an honest personal opinion in their lives.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.