[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Group Project with QT 3.14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
In one of my courses, the prof made random groups for a project, and my stroke of luck, I got put in a group with this qt I noticed earlier in the class.

What's the best way to proceed? I don't wanna come across as creepy, and it might creep her out if this guy she got assigned with is trying to flirt with her when she just wants to finish the work. I can't imagine what I'd say to her that would establish that I have interest but also not be creepy.

We worked on the project a bit today, and I found her really smart, confident, and articulate, and I wanted to mention to her that I'm glad I got paired with someone as sharp as she is. But there is a third person in the group, so I felt like it would be kind of rude to the other person and would make her feel bad if I complimented one but not the other. And just complimenting them both would probably dilute the compliment and would sound like I'm just being polite, and would obscure the fact that I'm actually interested in getting to know the qt better. I mean, the third girl is a fine group member, but she didn't really talk as much as the qt one, so I don't really know how smart she is.

How do I go about this?
>>
dont tell her straight up dude no

now's your chance to get to know both girls and get their numbers. since you already don't have a chance at the fast play you gotta play it slow and not let passiveness get the best of you. find an excuse to get their numbers for the project and if they deny that then forget the entire thing, they're not interested. if you do get the numbers then establish an outside-of-project relationship, wham bam kablam you're smart you can figure it out
>>
>>16773639
I kind of don't know if asking her number straight-up would go over well. While we were working together, she started a Google Doc thing so that we could communicate through it and add to our mutual notes, and she mentioned "that way we don't have to do something annoying like Skype" or something to that effect. I'm not sure if it was just an innocuous comment indicating that Google Docs would be easier logistically than Skype, or her trying to say "that way, we don't need to exchange any actual personal contact info [Facebook, numbers, etc] so that we don't have to associate with each other on an actually social level"

I dunno, not sure if I should get the number first, and use that to start the communication through which I'd start showing interest, or subtly flirt first, which would lead to asking for her number.
>>
>>16773598
Can I ask a similar question here instead of starting a new thread?
>>
>>16773664
she got you good dude, she knows you like her and she's trying to shut you out. literally a perfect opportunity for you to go man mode and either fall flat on your face or hook up with her. at this point you have nothing to lose except some dignity to someone that doesn't care about you anyway you know. plenty of fish in the sea

you think way too hard about things, just go with your feelings. use your brain for career choices and your penis for relationship choices
>>
>>16773679
Go for it

>>16773715
>she knows you like her and she's trying to shut you out.

I'm not sure. I didn't really telegraph that I'm interested in her, and nothing in her behaviour seemed to indicate that she realized, either.

>literally a perfect opportunity for you to go man mode and either fall flat on your face or hook up with her.

Should I at least wait until the end of the project to try that? It's not due until the end of the month. It'd be awkward as fuck if I "fell flat on [my] face" and then had to continue working with her for the duration of the project.
>>
>>16773728
ill give you a secret. keep what you truly care about in life, meaning your family, distanced from the part of your life where you can fuck up hard. if you always have somewhere to return to, you can live as crazy as you want. even if you cant keep family and craziness separate, love for family is unconditional, and embarrassments are a temporary affliction.

i'd go nuts, and do it immediately if i were you. you're obviously smart since you keep everything you say very formal on a freaking imageboard, you can handle nonsense if you put your mind to it. who cares what other people think? just dont give up on the project if she ends up hating your guts, also dont let it get to you if she does
>>
>>16773728
Thanks brah. I wish you luck with your girl.

My thing is like this:
>Girl lives across the hall from me.
>She's super friendly, very complimentary, seems to enjoy hanging out with me.
>She was chasing after this super beefcake exchange student but got rejected
>We get to talking about how we're both looking for hookups
>I go for broke and directly suggest that we do it
>She gets all flustered and bashful. Admires how brave it was to just ask like that....
>But then she says she wants to think about it.
>I figure I'm being rejected, so I tell her it's cool if she just wants to say no.
>Her response was "I'm not saying yes, but I'm not saying no either".

Now I'm trying to figure out if I actually still have a shot, or if it was just a really indirect rejection and I should cut my losses and move on? I feel as though if I were more attractive, she'd have just agreed and we'd have fucked, but (and granted I'm not a social genius) her judging by how flustered she got, I think she may genuinely be interested.
>>
>>16773780
same guy posting for op here. just keep talking to her and dont mention it for awhile. see if she wants to hang out (after you've made initial contact again after asking to bone, and have talked for awhile [essentially you're waiting for her to bring it up or open an opportunity since you made the first move]). if she seems like she's distancing herself from you then give up and move on.
>>
>>16773598
Just do the project.

When it's over, take her aside and invite her out "to celebrate"
>>
>>16773763
Thanks. I'll think about this advice.

>>16774440
Hmm. I guess that'd be the least awkward way to do it. I feel like I'd want to give some subtle, polite signals/hints during the project so that it doesn't just come out of left field when I do ask her out. But it'd still be a good way to not make her think I'm some creep more interested in going after her than actually doing work. Above all, I still wanna be a good group member.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.