[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
acne - no hope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: download (6).jpg (13 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
13 KB, 216x233
>be 30, male
>suffered acne on and off for literally half my life, and my entire adult life
>three successful courses of accutane throughout this time (although the final treatment was cut short due to an adverse reaction)
>some shorter term success with topicals
>generally healthy diet, lifestyle and hygiene
>taking steps to reduce stress, such as meditation
Yet I still, STILL get acne. Fortunately it's only mild compared to what it was, but the spots I do get on my face are cysts, which are painful and persistent.
First I thought it was processed/sugary foods, so I reduced or even cut them out of my diet. Then I was convinced it was stress, because it got worse when I was unemployed and better when I got a job. Now I just think I have shitty genes. Otherwise on the rare occassions when my skin is clear, women seem to find me attractive, but when I have breakouts I don't have the confidence to go out.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and overcome this ridiculous and diabolical problem?
>>
>>16757655
you aren't exercising enough. Do 1hr of cardio a day. Or 3 days of lifting a week and 2 days of 1hr cardio then your problems will go away.
>>
File: B&A.png (2 MB, 3200x900) Image search: [Google]
B&A.png
2 MB, 3200x900
>>16757655

i feel your pain. pic related is me. left was thanksgiving of 2014, right was january 2015.

i tried so many different things and most didnt work. cutitng out dairy, cutting out greasy stuff, exercise, drinking all the water in the world, even changing my sleeping habits so that my face floats mid air with my forehead hanging off my pillow so that i dont have skin touching the pillow. didnt work.

best i found so far was
>retin-A in the morning and as needed
>salicylic acne wash in the shower
>moisturizer after shower and as needed
>erythromicin gel at night

Retin-A is literally just accutane applied to the face. it doesnt work permanently like accutane does, as its just topical, but it peels it all away really fast and really nice.

salicylic acid just dries out the face further so acne cant grow, strongest face wash ive ever used. moisturizer stops it from flaking out of course, and on top of that prevents you from over producing oils that will kil lit.

erythromicin is a topical gel but its literal anti biotics, used to kill the bacteria that creates acne. its a powerful combination but its not perfect. while it CAN keep my face clear for weeks, for the most part its one pimple here or there, bnarely noticeable, just a red spot type things. not a perfect solution, but in your case might be all you can.

ive never had 'cystic' acne either, so i cant really vouch for how well it will work for it.

my recommendation is wait til you've had some time, then get back on accutane.

in my attempts to completely destroy my acne i recently started accutane and hoping it works.

i feel your pain. when i dont have acne i feel pretty fucking cute and can go out and get laid or get a number or what have you. with acne i odnt even like going to friends house cuz i feel they judge me
>>
>>16757719
what are some well known brands of Retin-A cream? I assume it's over the counter?
Is it more effective than benzoyl peroxide?
>>
>>16757741

>i assume its o ver the counter

its not. you need a prescription. however, most drugs like these can be bought online for not a bad price without a prescription so that option exists as well. its generic name is tretinoin so start googling that to get around. its pretty easy to get a walk in doctor to give you a prescription though.

again its just like accutane but you apply it directly to your face instead of by mouth. yes, its way better than benzoyl peroxide.

on that note. almost anything is better than benzoyl peroxide. its a shit tier acne wash. it makes you think its doing good cuz immediately after using it your face feels 'minty' and it shrinks you acne, but it never even kills it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.