[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feeling pretty shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: circus-jb.jpg (189 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
circus-jb.jpg
189 KB, 1280x800
I am just feeling bad about the world. Im vegan, been so for 5 and change years and I feel shit for living and interacting only with meat eaters. It kills me, because from my perspective they are all acting terribly. Though at the same time i love them. Its like living with a racist who is otherwise a nice guy, except its everyone. and FYI i already hear you guys telling me im a faggot for this. I get that enough already anyway but my friend told me to post something here. btw im 19, in college, and although ive entertained the fantasy i am not going to kill myself, i just am going to feel sad for the rest of my life...
>>
>>16777252
Can't you just go circlejerk with the rest of the vegans? It's no treat having you around either, so it'd be best if you all could go make one another miserable in the corner somewhere.
>>
>>16777252
Theres a joke...

>How do you know someone is a vegan
>Oh, don't worry, they'll tell you

Look I'm not picking at you.. this is legit and I am actually trying to get through to you here but..

You're fucking 19... You're a dumbass kid and you're still in that phase of life where you gotta be some unique individual and stand apart from the crowd.

There is some shit you're really ignorant about and have no idea, that one of your friends you love grimmace and hate you for thinking, but even they love you anyway as you said.

Live and let live, your life is yours, theres is theres.

And to explain the joke, Vegans are WELL known across the board for being little special snowflake pricks who cant wait to tell you how advanced and liberal they are, and thats very easily because it isnt about the goddamn animals.. its about your ego and your identity..

Veganism is stupid as all hell.. do you know what consciousness is? Its an extremely complex and high brain function.. without it, you are just a machine with veins for wires and blood for oil. No consciousness, might as well not be alive, because you truly have no feelings.

Guess what?? MOST animals do not have consciousness.. and you better believe dairy cows and chickens are bred to the point of extreme stupidity that they most certainly dont. They have no idea where they are or what they are doing.

>Oh but they try to run away

Yes, they do.. its called self preservation.. thats evolution, it built a machine that avoids shit..

it all started with a few atoms that got good at sucking up energy and making more things that are better at sucking up energy... Part of that program is dont die..

A large majority of animals dont feel pain, because they dont exist...

Keep your veganism, but keep it for you... do not put it on anyone else.. no one wants to hear it and you dont deserve to hate them for it.
>>
I don't understand your post... what makes you feel pretty shit? You're vegan and you're doing it for a reason, don't let your mind be that weak, I don't think you're a vegan because you want to be unique because you've been like that for 5 years. People are not going to stop eating meat, you have to get used to that but don't change just because others won't change, if you have enough reasons to be vegan just keep being vegan.
>>
well, thank you for the comment. but I already dont tell anyone how to live their life, and i dont HATE people, im just saddend by the state of our culture and thier choices.
I know im young, but for me this isnt about being different, i dont even like telling people cuz most of the time they get mad or defensive or whatever. But i would have to disagree with you about consciousness. I know that it is based around higher brain function but i dont think we know enough about what we call consciousness to even determine if HUMANS have it. I mean, from a certain perspective true consciousness requires more than just decision making, and we, being "merely" complex machines, dont have it either. Point is, you are damn right i dont know the depth of consciousness, but i also dont think we as a species have the right to make the judgment call for other species, who btw are not as dumb as you say. especially pigs. they certainly feel pain and its kinda weird you think they dont.
Oh... your point is shut up and keep it to yourself.
>>
>>16777305
well what makes me feel shit is looking at dead animals every day, and knowing that everyone around me loves it.
Also pretty much what you said which is that people wont stop doing it.
You are right in saying i should just keep moving on, and be me. But my Post is just about asking for advice on how to feel less bad about it, and maintain happy friendships with the people around me
>>
>>16777321
I too feel sad when my family eats meat, I don't eat with them too often but I see my mom cook every day, I've been vegan for like 5 months. Most of my friends are vegan and my omni friends always like to try new vegan restaurants with me, I think it would help to get vegan friends, keep your old friends but go out to eat with vegan people.
>>
>>16777336
ok, do you know how to find them? i could just google it but perhaps you have something in mind?
As of now, i now nobody who is vegetarian
>>
>>16777252
There are a lot of things to be sad about. You could be mad about Malaysians working 12+ hour days for <$2.00 a hour. You could be sad about miners in the DRC dying so that coltan can be harvested. Coltan is a mineral that's used to make electronic devices, such as cell-phones and laptops. You know, the thing you're using right now. If it makes things any easier, you could just be generally upset at the thought that much of the imported goods that you own were made through what essentially amounts to slave labor (such as that Malaysian thing). We could even bring this back to the topic of animals and keep in mind that some of the factories that our products are made in produce CO2, a chemical that pollutes the air and kills animals.

So, unless you live on a farm and are totally dependent on the land for all of your needs--which you clearly aren't because you're posting on the internet--then you're really not much better than those people who love meat.

So, just do what the rest of the world does and don't think about it.
>>
File: No such thing as a vegan.jpg (110 KB, 929x768) Image search: [Google]
No such thing as a vegan.jpg
110 KB, 929x768
>>16777252
Hey OP what kind of airfilter do you have in your car/air conditioning unit?

what kind of glue do you have in your books?

have you ever used any kind of modern medicine ever?

i am curious

you're not different from your friends

you just don't kill animals for food, but you kill them for everything else
>>
>>16777436
>>16777412
wonderful, if these are accurate then i think i need to change my life alot more than i have been.... yeah or maybe actually kill myself now that i think about it, but no... because im sure that would cause suffering somehow too.... god damn, ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>16777455
yeah no seriously you guys better not be fucking with me. How can i enjoy life when its built on this shit?
>>
File: lion killing.jpg (221 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
lion killing.jpg
221 KB, 1200x800
>>16777455
>>16777455
why can other predatory meat eaters kill animals but homo sapiens cant?

I have never understood why Homo sapiens have this special moral obligation to not eat flesh but other carnivores/omnivores don't

Is this lion morally wrong for eating flesh?
>>
>>16777252

You are angry and irritable and depressed because your diet is all fucked-up. You have no idea how much this can affect your mood and outlook. We eat animals because our bodies are built to eat animals. Eat a burger and chill the fuck out.
>>
>>16777495

This. If none of us ate meat, we'd all feel the way OP feels right now, and nothing would get done.
>>
>>16777478
there are reasons for it, but it can be left at simply because I dont want to. And i feel strongly that it is wrong to kill anything.
>>16777495
i... dont know what to say, i know that it can be bad for you, but... i made the decision prepared for the consequences. It seems like the right thing to do. I want to follow my gut, or my heart so to speak but.... i dont know anymore. everything seems so bad, i doubt i can chill out
>>
>>16777478

To be fair though, lions hunt and kill animals that live in the wild and have a chance to escape and reproduce. You and me buy steaks at the supermarket from a cow born and raised in a cage and shot in the head by someone I don't know. I might be a hypocrite, but I'm not gonna pretend it isn't at least a little bit fucked-up. I think people who actually go out hunting, and eat what they kill, are in a much more ethically sound position than I am.
>>
>>16777509
>And i feel strongly that it is wrong to kill anything.
but why

is it wrong for the lion to kill?

justify your position
>>
File: 1409027977325.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1409027977325.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>>16777516
I don't feel ashamed for being better at killing then the lions
>>
>>16777455
You will never be 100% vegan, just do what you can to reduce suffering
>>
>>16777478
Human teeth and jaws are more like a cow's teeth than a lion's.
>>
>>16777509

I'm telling you, man. I would not be surprised if you're slowly dying of an iron deficiency right now, and body affects mind much more than you think. Go get yourself a chicken sandwich. You'll probably get sick at first because your body isn't used to meat. But after a week or two I think you'll be shocked at how much better you feel.

It's hard to understand it now, but just trust me that your 19-year-old moral outrage does not actually trump biology, it doesn't trump thousands of years of human evolution. Meat is not murder, meat is survival. Human civilization is built on dead animals. Get over it.
>>
>>16777518
well i would say yes, except in the lions position it will die if it doesn't because its a carnivore. Also it might not have the ability to think about the situation like we do, (but this is just a guess) It also contributes to the ecosystem overall, and it also furthers the evolution of both species through the competition. If humans hunted normaly, instead of harvesting them, i wouldn't find it so bad. Although i think i still wouldn't do it
>>
Honestly there's too many bigger issues to worry about. People are suffering, people are sold as sex slaves, people are shot down since that's the new "trendy" thing to do. We label our own as "less human" or "monsters" just because they do things we don't agree with. If we can't figure out treating ourselves nicely, how could we begin to care about animals?
>>
>>16777252
>>16777530
>>16777534
>>16777536
>>16777538
>>16777540

vegan cheese can't melt steel beams
>>
>>16777536
Iron can be found on black beans, spinach and other plants... a plant-based diet is ok if you do it right. Oh, and humans didn't evolve to eat meat (I'm not saying you can't eat it), or digestive systems (mouth included) look more like an hervivore digestive system than a carnivore.
>>
>>16777540
Because not eating animal products is super easy, I can't do anything about sex slaves.
>>
yknow, i dont even with any of this. It seems like if i want to be happy i have to ignore everything and just eat meat and use slave computers and shit. fuck me. I would so hope that there was a way to avoid lving a life of luxury on a pile of death and suffering. and maybe its all in my head...
But at least there are people at 11:40 willing to post to try and help me, so, there is that.
I dont know what to do though. but maybe there isnt anything to do but try and be happy with what i have. maybe i need professional help. but... im going to sleep for now
>>
>>16777595
Just stop caring, nobody has ever lived without causing suffering... it's ok to feel like that but don't give up, accept that you live in this shitty world, and I'm really happy for you, because you are actually making something for something else, you're better than most of the people.
>>
>>16777565
What else do you do to help the world then? And just link if it's already in thread. Not eating animal/animal products just.. doesn't do that much
>>
>>16777543
Macaroni and cheese can though
Definitely bringing down the house at least
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWZ_KrqxXoQ
>>
>>16777726
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWZ_KrqxXoQ

oh shit and i thought sandy hook was bad
>>
>>16777709
I actually don't do much for the world, I'm lazy but I try... well... I don't eat animal products, I use public transportation, I make my own clothes, I just live trying to do the less harm I can. I know I won't change the world but I try to not make anything worse for other living beings.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.