[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 1452952418149.jpg (120 KB, 480x782) Image search: [Google]
1452952418149.jpg
120 KB, 480x782
Somewhat of a rant, so here goes.

Sometimes I get so unbelievably frustrated with my girlfriend. Mainly for two reasons, being that she is incredibly lazy about certain things, and because sometimes we are playing and joking around, and then out of nowhere she snaps, because all of a sudden I'm getting out on her nerves.

So firstly I'll describe what I mean by lazy. I'll give you two examples.

>Wake up when my alarm goes off at 9
>See I got a call from my GF at 8:53
>I call her
>She says she was going to get me breakfast, but she is in the drive-thru and already ordered
>I ask her if she can't just add something to her order for me
>She says "Yea but that would be really inconvenient"
>So I tell her that it really wouldn't take that much effort, but if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to
>She gives me the "Oh my GOD, FINE, if you really want me to, but it's just really annoying"
>I tell her to forget about it

Now I know this seems petty, I'm really not upset over the fact that I didn't get breakfast. What I'm upset about is the fact that she offered to do something, redacted the offer, and then didn't want to spend an extra two minutes of her day to do something nice for me.

A similar thing happened the day after that

>She is at work
>asks what we're doing for dinner
>I tell her I'm cooking
>she tells me she wants to help
>she gets off of work
>I ask her if she is ready to cook
>she says she doesn't feel like it
>she asks me why I waited until she got home to cook when I was home all day ( I get off work a few hours before she does)
>I tell her because she wanted to help me cook
>she tells me she no longer feels like it

As an aside, why do women ALWAYS think that they can promise things, and then say "teehee I don't feel like it anymore :(" is a valid excuse to get out of it? I've noticed almost all girls do this.

contd..

Pic is some anon's gf that was posted here
>>
> I say whatever
> She tells me she will do the dishes
> Okay, fair enough
> I cook, towards the end of the meal she asks me if we can do the dishes tomorrow because she is really tired
> I tell her fuck it, I'll do them
> She gets upset and does them by herself because she felt guilty or something

So that's part one. Am I just being a whiny bitch? Is this serious. She does shit like this all the time, but these are the two most recent example that ended in an argument I was able to come up with. But it seems like her whole life revolves around spending the least amount of effort possible. She always waits for me to get up, and then she asks me to bring her food, or a drink. Or whenever it is time for us to leave she always forgets something upstairs and she wants to get it for her.

When it comes to that sort of thing she is just so god-damn lazy that I want to slap her shit in sometimes.

Other than that she is really great, but this type of behavior just fucking eats away at me, and leaves me disgusted.

My gf isn't fat, but she really is kind of a lazy slob.
>>
please respond
>>
>>16720264
>What I'm upset about is the fact that she offered to do something, redacted the offer
But she didn't redact it, the offer expired. I wouldn't add anything to the order either, that's a pain in the ass.

The second example, yeah, that's just a shitty thing of her to do.
>>
>Now I know this seems petty, I'm really not upset over the fact that I didn't get breakfast. What I'm upset about is the fact that she offered to do something, redacted the offer, and then didn't want to spend an extra two minutes of her day to do something nice for me.

You're a cunt. She was already at the window, she already ordered, there were probably people behind her. You were forcing her into being impolite/inconvenient to others, and what's worse you then proceeded to be a dick about it and hang on to your resentment.

As for the second example, I do think she's somewhat in the wrong to not follow through on a promise/suggestion she made, but she's got two things ameliorating it; first, she became tired in between the initial offer and the realization of the offer. Second, these are not serious fucking lifetime promise she's making here, this is about dinner and dishes. Obviously she feels guilty for claiming she's going to help and then being too tired, but when you're in a relationship you don't be a douche and you fucking help each other out. When she took over for you doing dishes (because you were being a pissy bitch) you just fucking say thank you and you appreciate the fact that she did them.

The overarching problem that you're having in this relationship is that it's become a "race to the bottom" about who can avoid doing as much as possible. It's a common resentment trap, and you might think about delineating and enforcing relationship norms out loud here - i.e. "whoever cooks, the other person has to do dishes".

But yes, you're being a petty bitch.
>>
>>16720346
So you mean that you couldn't be asked to spend an extra 2 minutes of your day on your significant other, someone who you truly love?

I would do it for her without even thinking about it.
>>
>>16720352
It's really again not about the dishes. I was fine cooking for her, and I didn't expect her to do the dishes for me. It's just the fact that she offers to do something then later decides she doesn't feel like it.

I don't feel like I'm in a race to the bottom, I try to do nice things for her. For example we have this shit blizzard going on. I work outdoors, so I don't work when the weather is like this.

I offered to drive her to work and pick her up because she was nervous driving in the snow, and my car has AWD.

I didn't need to be asked, I volunteered, and I just feel like she has no desire to please me if it is in any way, shape or form inconvenient.

And these are just two examples, maybe if these two examples were the only things that happened I wouldn't mind, but she demonstrates laziness on an almost daily basis.
>>
>>16720264

Trust me, even if she isn't fat, she will become fat with that kind of attitude

You are not being petty, what you describe is consistent annoying behaviour, which I would have not hesitated to cut off a relationship over, because that shit just turns every single fucking day into a hostile minefield of being angry and then being ashamed of being angry
>>
>>16720366
hey, reading comprehension you stupid nigger:

>she's somewhat in the wrong to not follow through on a promise/suggestion she made, but she's got two things ameliorating it; first, she became tired in between the initial offer and the realization of the offer. Second, these are not serious fucking lifetime promise she's making here,

who said it was about the dishes
>>
>>16720264
I could be wrong, but sounds like depression to me. Quick to be irritable, loss of interest, ect.
>>
>>16720381
Thing is we are compatible on every other level. At work I hear guys bitch about shit their women do, and I want to pinch myself because never in a million years would I imagine my gf doing that, same thing when my friends complain, and even at my gym, it doesn't seem to get better with age.

I work out with two 40 year old guys, self-employed. Net worth safely in the 7 figures, good looking, and in shape. Their women cheat, cry, manipulate, physically assault them.

I wouldn't say I want to cut her off, because I genuinely don't think there are really higher quality women out there, or at least if there are I have never met them, or met any guys who claim to even be with them.
>>
>>16720353

If I was at a counter, sure I'd do it. But a drive through complicates things, changing the order would be not just a pain in the ass for the person ordering, but for the staff and anyone else in line.

And really, you missed the call. Going into that conversation with no consideration for the fact that you might have missed out is pretty presumptuous IMO. It was an impulse offer and you turned it into a chore and obligation.
Sometimes you miss the boat, deal with it. If I had a dollar for every time I'd just missed out on someone making tea for everyone, I'd be a millionaire.
>>
>>16720266
>> she asks me if we can do the dishes tomorrow because she is really tired
>> I tell her fuck it, I'll do them
>> She gets upset and does them by herself because she felt guilty or something

She did them because she said she was going to do them and you tried to make a liar out of her. If you had trusted her, she probably would have done them in the morning. Or if you'd had a conversation like an adult, she might have been fine with doing them right then.

You expressed a need for the dishes to be done immediately, so she followed through and did them immediately. You just expressed that wish like a passive aggressive bitch.
>>
>>16720411
People wait in line at a counter as well. The people working there will handle orders whether or not you are inside or at a drive-through. That is fucking retarded logic.
>>
Those seven figure men marry trophy wives, obviously they cheat n act like bitches.

If my girlfriend acted this way towards me I'd breakup with her. The storey Bout ordering food is her wrong, where a the love?? She treats you like your boss, too late no food for you. I would order again for the person I LOVE. She's a cheater bro. Dump her she doesn't love you, just using you.
>>
>>16720423
The fact that she asked if she could do them tomorrow means she originally intended to do them that night. And this was also after she had offered to help with dinner, and then decided she was too tired to help.

So god-forbid I get a little frustrated and tired of arguing after she has pushed back her obligations for like the third time that day.

You wouldn't happen to be a grill would you? You completely ignore all of the context of the post and just cherry pick three lines that make me look like an asshole.
>>
>>16720426

Drive throughs are completely different dude. The whole purpose is to be totally express and linear, an inconvenience is rounded way up there for everyone involved.
>>
>>16720436
Well one guy started his business about 3 years ago, and has been married to his wife for about 10-15. The other guy never got married. He just had a girlfriend who treated him like that.
>>
>>16720446
>The fact that she asked if she could do them tomorrow means she originally intended to do them that night.
What?

>So god-forbid I get a little frustrated
That doesn't mean your response was productive. Nevertheless, she saw your frustration and did the fucking dishes, so I don't know why you're holding onto this as an example like she still fucked up.
>>
>>16720456
Fast-food is meant to be express and linear. And again, it would take about 20 seconds to throw a second pre-made biscuit in the bag. And if inconvenience for other people was really the issue she could have gone inside or gone back through, which would have taken a total of 5 minutes max.

I think you're missing the point though, I'm just mad that even though she had no where to be she couldn't spare 5 minutes of her time for me.
>>
>>16720468

I'm not missing the point, I just think you seem like a demanding bore and I wouldn't want to do you a favour either.

The point is that this specific incident isn't the point, it's allegedly an example of a larger pattern. It's equally valid that you should have accepted that you missed out, and that she should have taken some time to do you a solid.
But you're latching on to this idea that she's just factually in the wrong, in every example you've given. And it seems like the problem is just as much in your attitude as it is in her behaviour.
>>
>>16720519
Mate I don't fucking expect any of this shit unless SHE OFFERS IT. If she didn't offer to help, or do dishes, or get me breakfast, i wouldn't care. But the fact that she offers or promises to do something, and then has absolutely zero respect for anything she has promised me is what irritates me.

Whenever I offered to cook dinner I planned on doing the dishes as well since we were at my house. But when she offers and changes her mind I can't stand that, and she doesn't seem to understand how that behavior frustrates me.
>>
>>16720535
>and she doesn't seem to understand how that behavior frustrates me.
So tell her. Don't wait for the next time she does it and fight over it, don't wait until you're fed up and taking her promise away from her to communicate your feelings. Just calm yourself and have a damn conversation.
>>
>>16720264

Your gf isn't lazy she's just taking you for granted and steadily losing respect for you, i bet if her fav male musical artist was around she'd break her neck for him, so yeah she's very capable of taking a measly 5 mins out of her life for you.

You live with her?

You got to put your gf in check man and grow a pair or she'll end up fucking other guys mighty soon, on fb telling everyone how much of a loser you are.
>>
Let me highlight the points in each situation where someone was wrong.
>So I tell her that it really wouldn't take that much effort, but if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to
>she asks me why I waited until she got home to cook when I was home all day ( I get off work a few hours before she does

2/3 are you, OP. If these kinds of things happen all the time, you should be able to adjust your behavior to not have an argument if you think it's not worth arguing over. Maybe your girlfriend is lazy, and maybe that's a problem, but bringing up these petty situations to highlight her faults make you look like the woman in this relationship.
>>
>>16720560
I have told her, and she says "But you know that I'm just a lazy person" or, she will ask me for examples, and then she'll tell me it's petty and immature to care about these insignificant things. Which she is right, they are, by themselves insignificant, but what I can't get her to see is the pattern of behaviors which bothers me.
>>16720674
Yea, I guess that is true. I got her a really nice Christmas present and for the next week or so she was basically worshiping me and washing my nuts for me. Then it wore off and we're back to normal.
>>
>>16720266
>>16720264
I would say that she's shit-testing you.
Be unflexible to these shit tests because if you fail to do so, she will see that you have become the "beta bux" rather than the "alpha fux".
These shit-tests help her mesure the influence she has over you and help her determine your value to her.
What people see as assholes passes these shit-tests easily hence why girls are often interested in assholes
>>
>>16721025
Thanks mystery, I knew I could count on you. Just please don't steal my girl.

Nah, I don't think she is shit testing me, because this is the only area of our relationship she behaves like this. In fact the only reason we are dating is because she didn't do any retarded illogical girl shit.

So this would really be a bizarre way of shit-testing me.
>>
File: Tragedy.jpg (981 KB, 1456x816) Image search: [Google]
Tragedy.jpg
981 KB, 1456x816
>>16720264
Anyone else get the urge to smash this bitch in the jaw?
>>
>>16721051
Filtered
>>
>>16721048
>Mistery
An ape flinging shit at you would be more accurate
You should check TFM's youtube channel
>>
>>16721061
Resistance is futile
>>
>>16721075
Total Frat Move? That's what came up when I typed it into kiketube
>>
>>16721089
Turd Flinging Monkey

Sandman is goodas well to begin
>>
>>16721048
>Nah, I don't think she is shit testing me, because this is the only area of our relationship she behaves like this. In fact the only reason we are dating is because she didn't do any retarded illogical girl shit.
You'd be surprised
>>
>>16721104
Doesn't sandman live off of social security and isn't he a MGTOW?
>>
>>16721118
>Implying implied implication
His first videoes were a good introduction to mgtow and decent explaination of "female nature" in a little nutshell but other than that you're kinda right

Hence why I began with TFM. Could also have added Raging golden eagle
>>
>>16721130
I know female nature firsthand very well. Listening to videos from MGTOWs is kinda like standing in an echo-chamber. There is really no point, they don't offer solutions.

My gf doesn't do 98% of the shit women do to annoy and make men miserable.

I think men just need to find their balls again. The only leverage you have in the relationship is your ability to walk away, and her knowing that it will be a long, long time before she finds a guy of genuine substance, quality, and virtue again.

She could easily get dicked down by a hundred dudes by the end of the week, but they'd mostly be scum-bags and dead-beats, because to be quite honest for every whore of a woman, there is a guy who is just as bad as her.
>>
>>16721130
So, just listened so TFM's video on Shit-Testing. This guy sounds like a faggot. I think he is Martin Star from Freaks and Geeks.
>>
>>16720264

Grow a pair OP, it only will get worse if you don't. If she gets lazy, you start getting lazier don't put in more effort than what she's putting in, a relationship is an team effort. If she's going to have that attitude she doesn't deserve shat from you. Respect is veryyyyyy important in the relationship and she's toying with you, she's not damn lazy, she's taking advantage of your passiveness. I can't blame her, if i can get my bf to do alot of things for me by just sitting around looking pretty and putting out every now and again i would. You're rewarding her bad behavior.
>>
>>16720519
I'm with you on this Anon.
Op, why don't you just breakup with her? Why throw such a fit over something so simple?
Honestly, if you're falling out of sorts over these petty things you shouldn't date for a while imo
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (8 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
8 KB, 255x198
>>16721622

When you argue about small things that's a sign of an dying relationship, but there's still hope. Don't break up with her OP not necessary, just call your gf out everytime, no matter how mad she gets, no matter how much she threatens to leave. She'll try to play victim or shame you but remember that she's the one being a lazy cunt. She'll say "you're such a baby and so petty, act like a man." or she'll say "You're so mean i thought you cared about me." . IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE. if she does stuff like this call her a lazy bitch. CALL HER OUT EVERYTIME. Stay calm as possible in the heat of battle though.

You're not being personal just categorizing her behavior, tell her she's acting like a child if you like, if that's the case. Don't go out like a pussy and abandon ship, be a man and tell it like it is. She'll do two things if you do, she'll realize her wrongs furthering her respect for you or she'll leave you on to banging the next guy. If you do nothing, she will also be lining up the next guy to bang with.
>>
>>16721781
troll harder
>>
>>16720264
>>16720266

1st example

I can understand her maybe not wanting to add something to the order,
but if she really cared she wouldn't make a big deal about it
it seems like you're both trying to make each other feel guilty about the most trivial shit which isnt healthy for a relationship

>it wouldn't take much effort
>if you don't want to you don't have to
>forget about it

>Oh my GOD, FINE, if you really want me to, but its just really annoying

I'd say you're both in the wrong in this one

2nd example

In regards to cooking dinner, she's in the wrong, she offered to help you cook dinner then changes her mind,
then criticizes you for not doing something she said she'd do

But, in regards to doing the dishes you're a bit in the wrong too.
She promised to do the dishes tomorrow because she's tired, she may well be tired so it would have been better to trust her.
saying:

>fuck it, I'll do them

implies she wasn't actually going to do them, and also makes you sound angry at her which will only make her angry back

You need to sit her down and have a serious conversation with her about this
Don't accuse her, just say it concerns you, dont forget to acknowledge your mistakes as well so you can both work on improving
>>
>>16720264
>I tell her that it really wouldn't take that much effort, but if she doesn't want to she doesn't have to
>I tell her because she wanted to help me cook
>I tell her
>I tell her
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.