[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

Avoid asking these common questions:

>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
Some do, some don't. Our answers are not going to help you.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practising and exposing yourself to it.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
Most likely

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Would you date a virgin?
As long as they aren't insecure about it. Complexes are a total turn-off.

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>That one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships
No one wants to cuddle you. Stop asking

>Brandon or Female Brandon
Piss off.

>Who is Brandon/Female Brandon?
A shitposter who's convinced he's ugly. He keeps posting his picture to ask if he's ugly and to ask for dating advice, only to rebut or ignore any responses he gets. Female Brandon is a girl who pulls the same shit.

>Frog
Also piss off.
>>
>>16703311
Women, is it really true that if a man has a GF/ is in a relationship does your opinion/thoughts of him change at all?
If so, how and what thoughts?
>>
File: 1435678201986.gif (2 MB, 241x371) Image search: [Google]
1435678201986.gif
2 MB, 241x371
I've been talking to this girl recently. We both like each other quite a bit, and we've been very open. Thing is, she's fucked a lot of guys. She told me herself, and she's very insecure about it. I don't care about the number itself, but there's going to be some warranted trust issues since she lives 3 hours away for college.

Personally, I don't think she really wants to be in college. She changed her major after a semester to something unnecessary for what she told me she wants to do. I think I can convince her to drop out and move in with me, then maybe go to college together after I have better influence with her. This specifically is what I want advice on, but other thoughts are welcome.

She's extremely pissed at me right now because we had a misunderstanding that made me confuse how many sexual partners she's had with how many guys she's been on dates with. I told her I wasn't interested interested after that. After she clarified, we had an argument. She said she wants to be left alone for a few days, but I'm asking for long-term advice here.
>>
>>16703441
If I think he's cute, I'll be all "dangit". Otherwise, I won't care.

>>16703493
I'm confused, what do you actually want from her?
>>
i haven't been in a relationship since i was in highschool(17 then 21 now).

What's a really good first date spot now a days? All i ever do i ask girls to see a movie with me and its really come to bore me. What would a girl like to do on a first date?
>>
>>16703506
$5 says you didn't read the OP before posting
>>
>>16703507
>>16703507
i did retard it doesn't say anything about this question and it doesn't seem generic enough for me not to ask it.
>>
>>16703500
A relationship. More if things work out.
She said she really likes kids, so she changed to early childhood education. I'm thinking I could suggest working at a daycare. How do you think I should convince her?
>>
>>16703511
>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

You clearly didn't read it.
>>
>>16703515
But you said you didn't weren't interested in her after the talk about her number of sex partners?
>>
File: 1450037389428.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450037389428.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>16703311
Guy needing help: how do you cope with the fact that your Tinderfu is most likely talking to twenty other guys at the same time shes talking to you and you're not talking to anyone else/turned discover off?
>>
>>16703441
I really don't care.

>>16703493
>I think I can convince her to drop out and move in with me
She might be a ho, but she deserves better than you.

>>16703530
Have a life.
>>
These are just some random questions I've always wondered about but am too autistic to ask my male friends

1. How strongly do men find cute things cute? Like when I see a cute baby/animal, I have the urge to hold it and take care of it. So do men have this urge but are afraid of appearing weak & don't act on it, or do they actually not find things as cute as women?

2. Do guys find "the bad girl" hot similar to how girls are attracted to "the bad boy"?

3. Do men cry in private

4. I know they don't PMS but I swear a lot of guys I know have these regular mood swings. I could use some basic advice for situations where a guy is pissed, how can I avoid pissing him off further and escalate the situation
>>
>>16703521
Because I confused how many sexual partners she's had with how many guy's she's been on dates with, which included week long childhood relationships. She clarified after, and she's still had sex with quite a few guys, but not enough for me to lose interest. She's angry with me right now because, if she had had sex with a ton of guys in the past, that I wouldn't be interested in her. I told her I didn't care how many she's been with before she opened up about it, but I wasn't expecting her answer to be so high, even though that really how many guys she's slept with.

It's long and complicated, so it's hard to explain on here.
>>
>>16703560
*even though that's not how many guys she's slept with
>>
>>16703550
1. I like cute shit, but I wouldn't want to own a kitten or baby just because it is cute. I'd chill all day with a group of puppies though

2. Hell yes, at least for me. But that's because I'm timid, so the fantasy is her aggression removing any ambiguity.

3. If they have a reason to I think anyone would. American culture plays up strong men never crying, but even a devil may cry if he loses a loved one.

4. It depends on the guy, I would think. I assume understanding where his anger is coming from and attempting to resolve the situation or empathize are decent tactics for most people in general.
>>
>>16703550

1. I do. Some don't. Society trains men to be good little disposable workhorses, emotions like that are irrelevant. Don't force it. It's not about a desire to not appear weak usually, the thought just doesn't occur in the first place.

2. Yes, until they get one. They only keep liking them afterwards if they're an idiot.

3. I do. I cried when my friend died. I don't usually though.

4. Give him some space or try to lighten the mood. If he doesn't buy into it, back off. Honestly, he should have some basic fucking control over his emotional state though. Not your problem.
>>
>>16703541
If I convince her, that's her decision. So could you fuck off if you're not going to help?
Thanks
>>
>>16703550
>1
Yes, men have empathy you fucking weirdo.

>2
No, they think it's disgusting. No guy thinks it's interesting or cool when modern women act like Amy Shumer no matter how hard they try to shill it.

Also busted vaginas are gross

>3
Yes, well at least in Germanic/Britannic cultures they do, Italians and Mediterranean people are more in touch with that stuff

>4
Men have the same hormonal emotional cycle as women do, yes. I can't give a good answer to what you should do other than understand that its just a phase and it'll eventually (hopefully) pass
>>
Okay so I'm 29, pushing wizard status. This isn't really the problem, I'm fine with it, not a sadfrog faggot, etc. I'm rather enjoying my very free single bachelor lifestyle.

My issue is that my brother and his fiance keeps wanting to set me up with her friends, and while I guess I appreciate the sentiment, I don't particularly have an interest in meeting women at the moment, and it's both mildly irritating and I guess I can't help but being offended to a point? I mean, I'm not really down with the pressure but should I be mad? Or am I being a dick?
>>
>>16703576
Let me make my advice a little more clear: kill yourself.
>>
>>16703493
>please help me control this person's life

I know you think you know better than her, but that's not a healthy base for a relationship.
>>
File: 1441573539334.jpg (183 KB, 407x441) Image search: [Google]
1441573539334.jpg
183 KB, 407x441
>>16703586
>The Edge
>>
>>16703585
I'd try not to be mad, if you can. Just tell them it isn't the right time. You want to do X first, or you have a type they aren't finding, or something.
>>
Met a cute girl where i work today. She works a couple stores from mine in the mall. Problem is she works at a womens handbag and purse store. How would I go in there and not be a creeping fuck?
>>
>>16703506
I went bowling with someone on our first date and it was pretty fun
>>
>>16703550
>how cute do guys find cute things

Uh... on a scale to 1 to 10, where 1 is not, and 8 is that hold and take of urge.

Like a 6?

>Do guys find "the bad girl" hot?

Same with girls, depends on their personality, age, and maturity.

When you're younger, the bad girl tends to be a bit more appealing, as you get older you just start to see that shit as way too much fucking drama to deal/put up with.

>Do men cry in private
Depends on the guy. Some guys are stoic to the bone and repress that shit like crazy. Others are more open. I'm ok with crying, but I'm a fairly effeminate guy in some ways, and I went through a decade of depression so I understand exactly what crying can do for you as a release sometimes.

>Guy psuedo-PMS/mood swings

Depends on the guy, but generally: Ask if aything's up and if you can help exactly once, then drop it and don't bring it up again. When it comes to personal problems, guys don't group solve like women do. Most of us would prefer to forget about/put that shit aside while in public, and then deal with it on our own in private.

That's why when guys get together, most of the time we just goof off and don't really ever talk about anything real; because we're there to enjoy each others company (sometimes as a way specifically to forget/be distracted from things), and if we wanted anymore, we'd bring that up in private.
>>
>>16703587
>trying to convince her is now controlling
ffs, im not forcing her to do anything. I'm going to ask how she feels about college. If she's into it, I can't convince her and that's that. The relationship will just be that more unlikely to work out.
>>
>>16703550
1. I love cute animals and stuff, but I don't think any guy gets all squeaky over them.

2. Personally, no. Obviously nobody is an angel, but a trashy bitch that sleeps around, does all the drugs possible, and gets into trouble all the time isn't attractive. And to be honest I think the girls that like "bad boys" are a little less attractive ultimately.

3. Yes but it's rare, especially if they're sober and it's usually for a somewhat dumb reason.

4. Listen to him, and learn to understand that sometimes not helping is the best way to help.
>>
>>16703601
If she recognizes you would it even matter?
It isn't like you shop there. Go in, hand her your number, and gtfo.
>>
>>16703601
Ask a female relative/friend to come with you
>>
File: 1433264422773.png (111 KB, 910x780) Image search: [Google]
1433264422773.png
111 KB, 910x780
>>16703585
Just sounds like they're worried for you, just them know there's nothing to be worried about and they'll move on.

It's flattering of them really, my sister would never do that for me and we're even pretty close
>>
>>16703560
You can't go from "I'm not interested because you've had sex with x number of guys" to "I don't care how many you've had sex with now that I know it's a lower number", because those two statements are contradictory.
>>
>>16703610
Solid. Thanks. I guess if theres a time to have some balls it'll be then. Hold onto my spaghetti for me.
>>
Women
Is a musician (or a guy with other creative hobbies) automatically more attractive to you? I've picked up my first instrument as an adult and I'm meeting new people through it, which is cool, and I've also started noticing some female attention as well. I'm just not sure if that's because of the instrument or just coincidence or whatever.
>>
>>16703608
>the relationship will be more unlikely to work out

So you are giving advice she can reject, but if she does reject it the relationship is less likely to work?

You totally don't sound controlling, dude.
>>
>>16703618
Godspeed you beautiful bastard. Worst she can do is say no, but at least you'll know man.
>>
>>16703608
>I can convince her to drop out
>move in with me
>after I have better influence with her
>The relationship will just be that more unlikely to work out

You sound abusive. Again, kill yourself.
>>
>>16703619
Yes, a man with passion/dedication/interests is more attractive than a man without those. And you're right it's most likely a combination of the hobby + increased confidence
>>
>>16703596
I feel like that's lying, though. I mean it feels like it's more of a "try again" than a "no thanks"

>>16703614
Honestly it's more my brother playing relay for his fiancee and I just feel like she's trying to dump her less dateable friends on me sometimes.

I dunno maybe I'll just ask her to stop next time.
>>
>>16703622
And if it goes poorly I never have to go in there again. Win win.
>>
>>16703625
>sound
And you're prejudging me. You kill yourself.
>>
>>16703634
Funny how you don't think there's anything wrong with what you asked after it's been spelled out for you like this. You need mental help.
>>
>>16703627
I had those before, but I guess playing an instrument is more socially acceptable than semi-professional gaming. The creative part is interesting, is a musician or artist more attractive than someone who is into a sport?
>>
>>16703493

I know this is ask opposite gender, but you need to not do this. It's bad for you and for her. She doesn't know what she wants and you're trying to make decisions for her. Also, if you move in and shit falls apart, congratulations you just fucked up a significant portion of her life.

I'm sure you're not a shitter but you have some pretty abusive tendencies. You're trying to control her which is not good. Back off and let her sort her own shit out. If she's not mature enough to be where you are at in life, then you need to move on. Also work on how fucking controlling you are, that shit is going to blow up in your face one day.
>>
>>16703634
He's not prejudging you, he's judging you based on your words. What pre-defined impression does he have to judge you from on an anonymous message board?
>>
>>16703634
M8 think about what you're saying for a moment here. Do you realize that dropping out of college is the stupidest fucking idea you could have in this economy? Especially if the reason is to move in with an obsessive boyfriend
>>
>>16703644
>he
This is ask the opposite gender anything.
And It's prejudging because I know myself better than that anon, I know her better than that anon, and that what I've posted here is completely simplified because I'm not posting chat logs.
>>
>>16703651
>>16703648
>>16703644
Can we please stop derailing the thread?
>>
>>16703641
Personally, I find musician to be more attractive simply because I'm not as into gaming/sports, and I think it's a little more intellectual. But that's an individual preference, gaming is becoming more socially acceptable and I'm sure there are plenty of women who find a man who's interested in gaming attractive
>>
>>16703550

I wanna do an inverse of this, but only one question is interesting

Ladies, do you ever feel pressured to like cute stuff? How common is it for girls to not be into it?
>>
>>16703656
I wouldn't call it "intellectual", just more creative honestly. And even that is not really the case if you just play standards, but I guess that's not the point. Thanks for the input, time to get better at my instrument and stop being weird around women I guess.
>>
Is it possible to be friends with an ex? One of them just kinda popped back into my life and is trying to make small talk with me again.

We didn't exactly end on the worst terms, but I'd be lying if I said I had absolutely no lingering feelings for her.

Maybe I'm just not ready to completely burn the bridge between us?
>>
>>16703530
realize that she's probably only giving 1 word responses to 18 of those guys and actually fucking 2 of them.
>>
Girls, I don't get social media or Tinder or any of that stuff really, I don't use any of it, does that make me weird or less desirable in some way? I'm 22.
>>
>>16703550
1. men can/do/have/will acknowledge cute things, but generally not the degree that the average woman would
2. probably in the same way women have an attraction to the bad boy: fun to play with, not to marry
3. yes
4. that comes with living in a society where men are encouraged to suppress all emotions. can't bottle that shit up forever and not expect an outburst eventually
>>
>>16703550
>1.
I find cute things cute. I don't ever say 'that's cute' though.
>2.
It's a nice fantasy but not reality.
>3.
Yes.
>4.
Avoid him. When men rage we find things to be angry at. Joking or attempting to lighten the mood can be seen as patronizing and make us angrier.
>>
>>16703675
A 22 year old not having at least a Facebook account, even if they don't use it, is super unusual in this day and age.
>>
Men, how would you feel if your girlfriend told you her parents expect you to ask them for her hand in marriage?
>>
>>16703681
I know but it creeps me out and I have no real use for it. I keep in touch with my friends through normal means, I don't know why social media is necessary or even useful.
>>
>>16703687
Flattered.
>>
>>16703681
>>16703675
Don't worry about not making friends on it. Most people just add anyone the went or go to school with.
>>
>>16703687

I want to get married. But when I propose is my decision, not theirs. What's the timeframe here? Have you and your SO been dating for a long time?
>>
>>16703687
It's a bit old fashioned but as long as the parents aren't complete dicks about it it's not a huge deal. Like, they want you to respect them and ask, that's okay. But if they're going to say no or be rude towards you/make you jump through hoops to get a yes then screw them.
>>
>>16703688
>it creeps me out
Well that is the weirdest excuse I've heard about why someone doesn't want a Facebook profile

Also it can be useful for a number of things. For example, there are lots of buy/sell/trade pages that you might find useful, like for textbooks or something. There are lots of announcements and updates from my uni on Facebook too. It's really not just for socialising anymore, there's a lot of information out there on it nowadays
>>
>>16703696

Like, if you've been dating for a while it's one thing, but if it's like 2 weeks in... I might be a little creeped out.
>>
>>16703695
I'm not worried about not making friends on Facebook, I just don't see why I should use it. And if people just add basically everyone on there then that's just another reason for me not to use it.
>>
>>16703698
Not that anon but I feel the same way. Facebook makes doxing trivial.
>>
>>16703666
unless you're dating someone who you perceive as better than your ex, there will be tension. I'd advise against it but do what you want
>>
>>16703687
Well if we've been dating for any time less than two years I'd be a little nervous yeah
>>
>>16703666
ps from>>16703705
>satan trips check'd
>>
>>16703704
You can put as little or as much personal information on Facebook, you know.
>>
>>16703698
>Well that is the weirdest excuse I've heard about why someone doesn't want a Facebook profile
It's a huge privacy concern, literally all "useful" things on Facebook I've seen can be accessed in various other ways (mailing lists are still a thing, there are separate platforms to buy, sell and trade, etc.) and I really don't see why it's necessary to or weird not to have it.
>>
>>16703714
Fair enough, but it's still super weird.
>>
>>16703687
timeframe is important
>second week of dating
i'm getting the hell out of there
>year of dating
maybe
>over 2 years
flattered
>>
>>16703702
It's a way to get in touch with people without waiting to see them. Maybe you don't have someone's number but you need to ask them something. Maybe you have someone's number but their phone's off. It's sure as fuck easier to talk to girls on.
>>
>>16703688
>I don't know why social media is necessary or even useful

Common dude...

Being able to invite 30 or 40+ people to a random event, and being able to get responses back as to whether or not people are going, is pretty damn useful.

Having birthdays automatically sync to your cellphone is pretty useful.

Having a quick way to share pictures with all your friends and family (if you want) is pretty useful.

I don't even really like or use facebook, but I have it, and even I acknowledge that much.
>>
>>16703311
Girls: What's the high school girls locker room in high school like? Is it like anything in my Japanese Cartoons? DO you guys bully in there and get in fights?
>>
>>16703720
But why? I have not heard a single reason why it is weird yet, except everyone else does it".
>>16703725
I have the number of all the relevant people in my life, and if I get to know someone new I just ask them for their phone number.
>>16703727
I can just send out an email to do most of that, I don't really share pictures because I don't take many (admittedly that is just for me, I see why some people would use Facebook in that case), people should be able to remember your birthday, if their computer has to remind them of that then they obviously don't care.
>>
>>16703731
I dunno if sword fighting constitutes bullying
>>
>>16703740
>But why? I have not heard a single reason why it is weird yet, except everyone else does it".
And that's exactly why it's weird
>>
>>16703550
>How strongly do men find cute things cute?
Fairly frequently. I don't think I react as strongly as women generally do, but I own a pomeranian and I'm not afraid of showing affection for instance.

> Do guys find "the bad girl" hot similar to how girls are attracted to "the bad boy"?
Idiots do, others don't.

>Do men cry in private
Sometimes. I don't think I've cried in over half a decade, but if I felt that kind of emotion I see no point in holding it in.

>I could use some basic advice for situations where a guy is pissed, how can I avoid pissing him off further and escalate the situation
My biggest issue is if I'm in a sour mood, people keep pestering me to try to help. I understand that they have good intentions, but it's not something I want at the moment.

Give him space if he says its fine but it clearly isn't, he'll probably talk to you about it when he mellows out.
>>
>>16703585
Have you told him you appreciate the effort but arent interested? If so being frustrated is understandable, otherwise you need to talk to him.

>>16703666
Sometimes. But I pretty much require that special feelings are done and over with, and no real bad blood over the breakup.

If you're still into her, I wouldnt advise it.

>>16703687
Varies. If they just think we'll end up getting married, flattered. If they start pushing for us to elope, irritated.
>>
>>16703687
>you must ask for permission to acquire my property
Bite me geezer.
>>
>>16703751
I'm sorry but that's dumb. You wouldn't get a gym membership if you don't go there or join a bowling club if you're not playing, why would I use a service that I don't need/want just because it's popular at the moment?
>>
>>16703687
Seems an insignificant thing in the big picture.

I'd be talking to them anyway. I would fucking LOVE to find out ahead of a proposal that they're secretly cunts so that I can run for the hills. Problem in-laws ruin marriages. Church.
>>
>>16703740
Why are you responding? We don't care why you don't use it, you just asked why people would.

We told you why. If you want to not be weird, get one. If you are ok with having to explain why you don't have one whenever someone asks by all means continue not using it, but it'll still be weird.
>>
>>16703764
It's weird if you don't do something everyone else is doing. The odd one out is weird. That's just how society works, don't argue that it doesn't make sense. Lots of things we say, do and feel don't make sense, this is just one of many.
>>
>>16703768
>>16703772
Nevermind, you people are retarded. Why exactly did I think that I'd find normal people on here anyway? Especially women, there's nothing to be gained by taking advice from a bunch of land whales or men pretending to be girls on the internet who waste all of their time on fucking 4chan and Facebook.
>>
>met someone through a friend
>exchange info
>contacts me once or twice
>invites me out out of nowhere
>now I'm the one initiating contact
>every time

Am I just being an annoying sperg now? I stopped for a week due to illness and got nothin'.
>>
>>16703783
Totally measured and natural response. You'll do well out there.
>>
>>16703788
Go fuck yourself you piece of shit.
>>
>>16703783
You have bigger problems than not having a social media presence
>>
>>16703796
I swear to god I'll find you through your shitty Facebook profile, find out your address and slit your throat at night.
>>
>>16703784
How long have you two known each other?
>>
File: 1450853313421.gif (328 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
1450853313421.gif
328 KB, 1000x773
>>16703783
I'm calling your parents.
>>
>>16703783
m8, it's the popular girls making duck faces that spend the most time on facebook.
That's what people call "normal" nowadays.
>>
>>16703801
Joke's on you, my profile's private. How are you going to find out without a profile?
>>
>>16703807
It is normal to be that way. We're human beings, not Borg. If you look at us through the lens of divine inspiration this is some phoned-in shit that was designed by an intern or something.

Nigga we're able to be made to believe in ghosts. Think about that for a second.
>>
>>16703807
And you're somehow better than them because why?
>>
File: 01f.jpg (335 KB, 676x485) Image search: [Google]
01f.jpg
335 KB, 676x485
>>16703805
>>16703807
>>16703813
>>
>>16703807
what, I thought only old people use facebook now and young were migrating to instagram, snapchat, etc
>>
>>16703830
Facebook owns Instagram. Same shit.
>>
>>16703803
Since late November. We spoke three or four times over text. I thought there was a language barrier at first (I'm the foreigner here), so being invited out in perfect English shocked me.
>>
>>16703820
Not an excuse to be honest.
>>16703825
Because that is primitive and a complete waste of time, people like that should be euthanized to make this world a better place.
>>
>>16703764

Those are all examples where you are require to have some sort of investment (be it time, equipment, membership fees, or what have you).

The only investment that is required of you have to have Facebook is the use of an email address.

There are almost a billion daily users, and another half a billion who use it at least once a month.

That is 1/5th of the worlds population. That is 1/5 of the worlds population when only 3.3 billion of it has internet access.

Wrap your head around that. 50% of the earths population with internet access young, old, male, female use Facebook.

Yes, that makes Facebook perfectly normal, and you being so against it makes you weird.
>>
>>16703835
You pretty much put yourself at the head of that line. It's okay Anon, your ancestors are not actually watching you masturbate from the spirit realm.
>>
>>16703835
>Because that is primitive and a complete waste of time
How so?
>>
>>16703836
>I suck corporate dick and support a terrible company that doesn't respect my freedom and my personal information because "everyone else is doing it"
Wow, congratulations on being "normal". If normal == retarded I'd rather be weird.
>>
>>16703841
>If normal == retarded I'd rather be weird.
This is totally sensible. So why are you still here? It's pretty retarded to keep arguing this. You're at risk of turning normal.
>>
>>16703841
I want /g/ to leave.
>>
>>16703835
I sort of wonder how many people are involved in this discussion now since you answered two posts responding to mine. /adv/ really would be a good place for ID's.
>>
>>16703841
Your original question was about whether it was weird that you don't have Facebook. Why are you so mad when people answer your question?
>>
>>16703849
I'm calling false flag. You just replied to yourself.

This game is fun.
>>
>>16703837
Shut up, you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>16703839
Spending most of your time showing off yourself and trying so fucking hard to make yourself look better is tantamount to the swelling of a baboons rear, you're white literally a monkey in heat at that point.
>>
>>16703832
I guess my only advice is to be honest. Wait another week or so and if you're still having to be the one to initiate, ask them about it. Say something like: "This is what I think our relationship is. I feel as though I am always having to be the one to plan our dates/get-togethers/whatevers". Just make sure to be open and honest about it, not argumentative/confrontational. If this person cares for you as much as you care for them, then they should understand your feelings and be willing to make some sort of compromise.
>>
>>16703849
I'm responding to my own posts a lot, IDs wouldn't help since I can easily switch my IP address.
>>16703852
Because I'm having fun.
>>16703855
Wrong, but nice try.
>>
>>16703846
See: >>16703863
Don't worry dear, I'm far from normal.
>>
>>16703855
Alright. I mean not even sure what I'd gain from that.
>>
>>16703868
A lot actually, I do it all the time. You could still be lying, you just need to switch device/browser/IP and the (you) flag won't appear. Just saying. Not to mention it's easy to just edit the image.
>>
>>16703835
but it's fun

why are you doing this
>>
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 704x386) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 704x386
>>16703868
That proves nothing.
>>
Y'all can't even handle my autism right now.
>>
File: If I may interject.jpg (14 KB, 249x400) Image search: [Google]
If I may interject.jpg
14 KB, 249x400
>>16703847
No
>>
>>16703873
Now you understand why we lock up the mentally ill.
>>
>>16703863
That would still help, unless you mean you're somehow changing it to the IP of someone else posting here and getting the same ID to impersonate them. You can pretend to be different people. You wouldn't be able to pretend you're the same as another poster though. Hence my comment.
>>
>>16703873
This is also fun, I think I win.
>>16703875
Shh! Don't tell them that you're me.
>>16703879
Hello fellow /g/entooman, what are you doing here?
>>16703883
Just edit the image, and yes having several IPs at hand helps a lot.
>>
>>16703881
That's pretty rude, actually.
>>
>>16703877
Autismo Joe in the house?
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 495x190) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9 KB, 495x190
>>16703886
Don't tell me what to do. You're not my real dad.
>>
>>16703892
No, I feel more like mommy at the moment.
>>
>>16703886
>Just edit the image, and yes having several IPs at hand helps a lot.
What? I meant /adv/ should have ID's as part of 4chan. There wouldn't be an image to edit. Several IPs wouldn't get you the exact IP and ID of another user that's posting. Like you couldn't pretend to be OP, your ID wouldn't match.
>>
>>16703893
Wait, are you me?
>>
>>16703913
If you're that concerned with identity, just trip up.
>>
>>16703913
You'd still have several IDs though, which is enough to confuse people and basically do the exact same thing I've been doing this entire thread. Thanks for playing!
>>
>>16703922
--the point--->
your head
>>
>>16703927
That's not the point, that's the shaft.
>>
>>16703927
>>16703931
Shafts with pointy heads, hehe.
(I'm just shitposting now, I'm out of steam)
>>
>>16703925
see >>16703883
>You can pretend to be different people. You wouldn't be able to pretend you're the same as another poster though. Hence my comment.
I already said that. You aren't making a new point.
>>
>>16703940
Pointy heads and shafts though, pointy heads and shafts. See: >>16703937
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 201x250
My girlfriend has been treating me like shit for months. I guess she made out with one of her "girl" friends over the Christmas Holidays(my dad also passed out drunk at the table during our lonely supper of three and earlier i got in a car accident, happy holidays fuckers) and she did it again over this last weekend. The real issue lies in the fact she has "feelings" for her friend. When we got home the night that it happened this last time, she proceeded to scream, punch me in the face and throw shit like a crazy bitch. Only mentioning remorselessly what she had done when we woke up the next morning. Im doing quite well in the Trades, i own a home. Her company sucks. I saw nothing wrong with our lives, shes going to school for welding in the fall but she must have snapped. I dont want to see her to self destruct but i dont know if i can trust her again. I think she wants me to get mad at her. Its just not in me. I watched my mother scream at my depressed father my whole 20 years at home. I learned to be a stone in that house.
Tl;DR
>Im 25.
>Live in isolated Cdn town
>Been with two girls, i'm picky
>Think i went stuck my dick in crazy for 3 yrz
>Still love crazy
>Cant make the decision to save self
>Worried time will run out to be young
>Worried for any future that lies ahead
>>
>>16703861
That's fair. We aren't in a relationship but I was honest before (I want to talk to you more, and get to know you better) and that worked out ok.
>>
>>16703947
She hit you. You need to leave. You can't change her, she won't change on her own and it will only get worse. Leave now.
>>
>>16703954
>>16703947
This tbqh fem
>>
You guys are boring, I'm going to play somewhere else now.
>>
>>16704132
nudes pls
>>
>>16704140
can't even ask for advice without feeling guilty about it ;_;
>>
>>16704148
This is a blue board. People who ask that are stupid because you can't post them here anyway.
But also, don't go to 4chan for advice if you're not willing to be attacked and trolled in between the pieces of advice you get.
>>
>>16704161
So is my main board but it doesn't stop me.

7 out of 10 of my usual replies are hate and ppl telling me to kill myself I've gotten used to it I just feel guilty given the context of what I was asking advice about.

anyway bye ;-;
>>
>>16703681
Neither myself or my boyfriend have or have ever had any social media. I love it.
>>
>>16703619
I'm not really into music so I don't think that would do anything for me.
>>
File: 51Xi-5W7iJL._SX425_.jpg (26 KB, 425x449) Image search: [Google]
51Xi-5W7iJL._SX425_.jpg
26 KB, 425x449
Guys do you think its weird to wake up and find your girlfriend looking at you?

When he comes over I always wake up before my boyfriend and sometimes I just look over at his face and stare at him for awhile... I guess because he's handsome when he sleeps.

Would you take that as a compliment or be creeped out if your gf looks at you when you sleep?
>>
Hi ladies and Gents, im high as F*** and had some good realizations this evening

>Had a successful date with a female (shes 24, im 23)
>We hit it off well with many similar interests (food, same field of study, strange, funny)
>Messaged her to say I really enjoyed it and she agreed
>See her at work (supermarket), couldn't talk for long, she mentioned later when messaging she understood and didn't mind
>Two days later I message asking how she was and to let me know when shes free next, referencing a place she suggested the first date
>No response since (5 days)
>Got sad and started to resent her
>Work colleague says she's playing hard to get (chick friend)
>Cbf playing that
>Tonight she shows up at work, I play it cool acting like nothings weird
>She smiles and chats for 30 seconds, then gets going in a bit of a hurry, I gave a bit of crooked smile to make it obvious I was a bit upset she didn't want to talk for long (especially after being unable to speak to her the first visit), but not in a creepy way, it was more instinct than anything

Its got me thinking, if she was really uninterested she would shop somewhere else or once I finish my shift (we discussed all of my days/times lengthily).

I know how complicated girls are and I think this could be her way of saying shes still around and likes to see me, but I have to prove that im good enough (through patience and keeping it cool every time I see her).

Now I need some advice on what to do next.

Im thinking I should reference the last message the next time I see her, in a cheeky way like "hey, so im still waiting for you to know when you're free, how about this Saturday?", smiling and stuff.
>>
>>16704606

Not really. My girlfriend does it too on occasion.

I guess it also depends on the type of relationship dynamic you have and how long you've been together.

Heads up though, "I watch him while he sleeps" is a flat out creepy line. Never word it like that lol.
>>
Did I scare away my chance of winning over a girl? It's been a month since I've told her I liked her. We both agreed that we'd postpone our relationship after the next few months once our exams were finished. In between that time the time I do get to see her for a bit I shower her with small talk and may be too much complements. Although lately I've noticed that she talks less to me and does "seem" to show much interest. Did I show I was too eager by too much complements? Did I miss my chance in the few month break? help me out please /adv/
>>
>>16703311
Guys

I'm 20, 5'2, brown hair, brown eyes, work as a casual in a Childcare center, no car but use public transport.

Is this a turn off for most guys?
>>
>>16704692
sounds pretty normal, why would it be a turn off?
>>
>>16704700
Cause I'm short, no stable job, no car and I live off of my parents
>>
>>16704709
>short
is being taller than the guy any better?

>no stable job
You just said you work at a childcare center. Either make that stable or start looking for better jobs

>no car
Where I come from, this gives me an excuse to drive you anywhere.

>live off your parents
maybe the only real problem. please get a job and learn to fend off for yourself.

bottom line, if a guy really liked you he wouldn't make too much of a big deal any of these except maybe for the "live of my parents" bit. Just keep looking for better jobs.
>>
>>16704729
Is independence attractive? Women with hussle?

Cause I have none of that. It's been 2 years looking for jobs and all I have is casual. Which is actually lucky, in my area finding a full time job terrible.
>>
Would you like it if your girlfriend gave you a teddy bear for Valentine's Day?
>>
>meeting up with girl for weekend staying at hers
>not sure if this is just as friends or not

Should I ask her? Not out of the blue but next time we're talking just somehow slip the question in.
>>
>>16704692
Those aren't real negatives for women.
>>
>>16704739
Independence is sought after if the guy plans on sticking with you for the long run. You dont honestly expect him to pull your weight forever right? Some guys don't mind but most in the long run will.

If jobs are scarce then you have a reason, he'll understand if you're honest about that. If you really enjoy your job then no need to even bother finding another.

>>16704769
if its not too big then I'll accept it. Remember guys its the thought that counts.

>>16704774
are you ready for the next level anon?
>>
>>16704779
>are you ready for the next level anon?
wut? yes I am.
>>
As a girl how do I make the first move? I'm very inexperienced with relationships
>>
>>16704789
Same way a guy makes a move on you normally.
>>
>>16704786
then go for it. if you slip it in right then it'll go fine.
>>
>>16704798
hmm, what exactly should I ask though.

Just ask if we're meeting as friends or something else?

Just feels awkward.

Probably if I'm not sure what to say there's no chance anyways.
>>
>>16704778
What about being a virgin, never having a boyfriend and being overweight in my past?
>>
File: 1436288145254.jpg (45 KB, 728x728) Image search: [Google]
1436288145254.jpg
45 KB, 728x728
How do I get over her? I spent a couple of months working up the courage to ask her out, I did and all she did was start crying and run away. She's 25, I'm 26. We work nearby each other and I'm dreading running into her. I think about her every day but her reaction I don't know what to make of.
>>
>>16703493
Seriously?

Do her a favor and break it off for good, trying to control someone's life like you are her life is not healthy.

Keep that shit up and you're a future Dateline special.
>>
>>16704793
I don't know what that is because the one guy I've ever dated was shy as fuck
>>
>>16704813
If you're still up for it, slowly inch your way to that question.
>oh hey, are you gonna bring any friends?
>do you have any siblings at home
and eventually after awhile you get there.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 375x500
Guys: what is this shit? Every guy i ever got serious with has that one "female friend". That one who clearly thrives off of his attention, yet he's absolutely blind to this fact. It drives me up the walls, seriously. I do believe that friendships are very well possible between male and femal, but that's not a friendship. It's her using the guy as a beta orbiter to make her feel better. To always have somebody to be a bit flirty, get positive responses and thus feed her ego. And i can't believe that almost every guy is orbiting atleast one such girl (mind you, i'm not talking about mr. No-confidence) Sometimes since years. How can guys be that naive?
But most importantly: How do i handle this as the gf?
I don't want to be the controlling bitch telling him to cut contact. That's not my business, really. But i can't approve of my bf feeding into the agenda of an attention-whore either.
>>
How am I supposed to have a friendship with a women when women try to turn me into an emotional sponge. Like I get that women are more emotional and need to talk about these things, but Im not about to be that guy who massages your shoulders after you get pumped and dumped. And I limited to the only female friend of mine being my gf?
>>
>>16704829
is the guy you're going for also shy? while I do agree that girls taking initiative is appealing, it also subconsciously trains the guy to be submissive.
>>
>>16704820
Oh wow... She got some SERIOUS issues. Be glad you dodged a major bullet.
>>
>>16704833
Because thats how women are. They try to turn every guy into an orbiter.
>>
>>16704829
Well one of you must have initiated, just repeat that with improvements you see fit.

>>16704833
It's the current year
>>
>>16704835
Yeah. See
>>16704833
>>
I'm an 18 yr old virgin female with very little experience with kind of intimacy or romantic relationship
Would knowing that affect whether or not I'm a candidate for casual sex in your mind?
>>
>>16704842
That's not very helpfull. I'm aware.
How do i HANDLE this? I'm really not happy with the fact that she abuses my bf like that. Then again, it's his decison. But damn it bugs me
>>
>>16704839
He's not shy, I am. I've learned I don't get along well with other shy people (as friends or dating) because neither of us know how to initiate any kind of social interaction. I'm not old enough to drink, (americunt here) so using alcohol to loosen up isn't an option
>>
>>16704844
It's been like that since years
>>
>catch a girl staring at me
>I stare back at her
>remember that I read online that men aren't supposed to look away first
>full 10 Mississippi seconds of uninterrupted eye contact before she looks away
What was this? Was I being creepy? Was she being creepy? Was it supposed to be a sign of attraction?
>>
>>16704855
Then let him lead the way. Shyness is also appealing in their own way and forces the guy to take the lead if he wants to progress. If he loses interest in you after awhile, he's not worth your time.
>>
>>16704852
Its because we have to deal with this shit all the time so we dont even see it.
We honestly think all women are abusers. But if its simply in your nature we learn to role with the punches. Talking to her directly about it, then telling him what she said is the only way to get him to think about stopping it.
>>
>>16704848
No, I would go for you anyway if you were good looking, pretty much everything else is irrelevant.

That being said you most likely aren't attractive or alternatively aren't into casual sex. If you are into it now though then you are good for that.
>>
>>16704865
I just... I think he genuinely doesn't see it. He's just being "nice". I don't know if i'm reading too much into it because i'm overly possesive of my bf but i get that wild feeling when i think about her. Maybe it's the cave woman shining trough. I mean, i trus him completely. It's not that i think he could have feelongs for her or cheat on me. I just can't stand the fact that she is ABUSING my man.
>>
>>16704874
You dont get it. Its like looking at something but not recognizing what you are looking at. Wed never accept that kind of treatment from another guy. But if its a women we see them as abusers and dont recognize anything is wrong. Because shes acting as any woman would.
>>
>sad because no sex
>dont want to get out because i hate people
>you need to socialize to get sex
>dont want to pay slut shit

what do?
>>
>>16704884
Yeah. I understand. But what would you do in my shoes? Just ignore it and let her do her thing? Like seriously?
>>
>>16704833

Hmm.... I think I maybe have a friend who maybe might see me like that, but I don't see her that way. We get flirty, and there are times when I can tell she's just talks to me to dump or fishing for compliments... but at the same time, I don't really mind because, as my girlfirend put it, "She's like a little sister you adore, and you're someone she really respects."

To be honest, there are definitely times where she's a bit of an attention whore and it's kind of like... "really girl, grow up a bit", but by nature, she's one of the more genuine and nicest people I know, so most of the time... in my head it's kind of like dealing with a cute kitten that's meowing at you because she wants to be petted. You just kind of can't help it and don't really at all mind doing it because you're just thinking, "Dawwww"

Funny thing is, my girlfriend felt kind of threatened by her at first, and then she actually talked to her and they became even closer friends than her and I lol.
>>
>>16704891
Find equally awkward girl online. Text/skype untill you can work up the courage to meet up. Profit
>>
>>16704894
>Talking to her directly about it, then telling him what she said is the only way to get him to think about stopping it.
>>
>>16704896
Ha. That might be it. I haven't met the girl in question yet so she is like this undefineable thing to me and i can't properly handle that. I might change my view when i get to know her. Thanks anon! I'll just let her off the hook untill i get to know her better. That was actually helpfull.
But, one last question remains. What's in for you in this friendship?
>>
>>16704909
Not that guy but most of the time it's female interaction
>>
Okay I need a serious womans opinion on how she would like to have a situation handled if it were about her.
I dont casually sleep around. I have no intention of ever doing so. Furthermore when looking for a gf it effects my decision, however if its a serious relationship its probably not okay.
How should I handle dating while taking her feelings into consideration. I usually tell her Im not looking for a serious long lasting relationship beforehand if I know shes casually slept around. But relationships between to almost compatible people always seems to get more serious.
>>
ok im gonna ask a question now too:

>been having contact with a girl for 1 week
>know her from a club
>try to meetup with girl
>make date and time
>day comes
>she says she cant come, cause its gonna be too late
>make another date
>same thing
>thinking: ok she doesnt want to meet up
>stop texting her
>after 1-3 days she writes me "hello" and we chat for a little while until she stops replying
>again 1-3 days later same thing happens
>repeats for 2 weeks

Can anyone tell me what she wants? And if i should ask to meet her again?
The texts are pretty boring because i dont know what to write to her
>>
>>16704859
we werent there and cant make out the context and her expression so anyone of us cant help you with this one.

But if I had to guess i think she was attracted

But if you are uglo she probably was creeped out
>>
>>16704914
And here we go. Why would you need that from a random girl if you have a gf?
>>
>>16704927
I was speaking more in general terms, I doubt most orbiters have gf's.

Two reasons might be that either you aren't giving him enough attention or he developed the "friendship" before you and now has trouble giving up on it, bit like sunk cost fallacy or Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>16704920
Sometimes life just truly comes in front of dates so maybe you are just unlucky.

Just be direct with her, tell her you don't want to be an orbiter and tell her if she still wants to go to a date make her decide the time and place so it actually fits her schedule.
>>
>>16704927
>why do you need human interaction if you have a gf
>>
>>16704940
Oh boy. That's why i said a true friendship wouldn't be a problem. But why would you feel the need to stay an orbiter if you have a gf.
>>
>>16704831
umm, we're way past talking about those things.

I was thinking just a pretty direct question because the way we've looked and glanced at each other and the fact that we talk on the phone or message each other everyday makes it so we just talk about anything.
>>
>>16704891
The best way to meet people is to hang out with people, unfortunately. Here's the story of how my current relationship started:
>FT student, FT job
>Live an hour away from all my friends
>Lose contact with pretty much all of them, never really get invites anymore
>One day see on Facebook friends are pregnant
>Message my congratulations out of politeness
>As a result get invited out for the first time in years
>That invite leads to another invite
>Accept invite, catch up with an old acquaintance at party
>Hit it off
>Now dating

Before all of this I was content to busy myself with school and work and rarely went out. As much of a hassle it felt like to be social with people I didn't really care about, that ultimately led to my relationship today.

I guess what I'm advocating is just cast a wide net, because you never know what interaction will ultimately lead to where you want to go.
>>
>>16704866
I think I'm fairly good looking. 111 lbs at 5'7", take care of my skin, and I don't have any body mods
Not super happy with my jaw but my haircut has side pieces that help hide it. Surgery some day maybe
>>
>>16704953
>why do you need human interaction if you have a gf
>Only the human interaction I like is okay
>>
>>16704931
Well, i do think i give him all the attention he needs. But how would i know.
Yes, she was his "friend" before me and that's the main reason i think i don't have the right to interfer or get between them at all. It just feels extra weird. I mean i had some guy friends too that weren't actual friends. I just enjoyed to flirt with them but it was mutually clear that there's wasn't anything serious. Just banter. You bet the first thing i did when things got serious between my bf and me was deleting those guys. Not doing so would basically mean i want to keep them incase things with my bf won't work out and i go back to being single and doing whatever i want. But for me, that's no foundation to ground a relationship on. If i enter into something serious i assume this is going to last so i cut all ties from my previous single lifestyle. Why don't guys do this?
>>
>>16704966
So even you had orbiters.

Most people are just like this though
>i want to keep them incase things with my bf won't work out and i go back to being single and doing whatever i want.
Orbiters are free emotional sponges and some of them might even be good back ups.

Is the friend single?
Did you cut contact with your orbiters when they might have got a girl friend of their own?

And often times it's not mutually clear even if you think it is, especially with the higher orbitals.
>>
>>16704965
i'm now going to assume that you are one of those people that has to defend female/male "friendship" till the very end because you have one and can't admit that it's not just a friendship on eyelevel.
you basically are telling me that i have to tolerate every girl my bf calls a "friend" just because hurr durr "equality and friendship". if she'd genuinely be a good person i wouldn't mind. but she isn't interested in creating a mutually beneficial friendship. she just uses him as an emotional sponge and a ego booster everytime she needs one for free. and i am NOT ok with that.
>>
>>16704977
admitedly. in some way. it was just one guy really. we met online and texted. then we met up, yes,, we made out, but we have already CLEARLY etablished that we aren't compatible for something serious. we just both were lonely and bored so we kind of created a win win situation. i haven't slept with him thought. and yes, i would have cut contact IMMEDIATELY if he had gotten a gf. that was also part of our "deal".

the friend is recently single again. she has an on/off relationship with some cheating asshat. that doesn't make me trust her and her people skills any better.

the contact with that "orbiter" has already faded out to nothing after i have gotten to know my bf and it was just the natural thing to delet him.
>>
>>16704991
Obviously he thinks of her as his friend.
>>
>>16705004
yeah, what should he call her then? "the sun i'm orbiting".
>>
>>16705000
Well most people aren't like that.
>>
>>16705023
that fucking sucks. how do i deal with that? cause i think any other way of dealing with this is not fair to your so.
>>
>>16703311
Flirting with several girls at the same time, is that considered unattractive or is the 'alpha chad' stereotype true?
>>
>>16705089
i'd ditch a guy the second i would find out. mainly because if i go on date with somebody i focus on getting to know them and i only do this if i'm serious about "us".
>>
>>16705093
What I mean is, before you are dating.

So if this guy is doing so right when you are NOT dating, it would still turn you off? You wanna feel 'special' I presume?
>>
>>16705112
well, if i go on a date with yo and find out you are also going on dates with other girls, yes i'd be dissappointed. mainly because it makes you seem desperate. it shows me that you are in need to have more than one line open and that you don't really care which girl will be "the one" in the end. yes. admitedly i want to feel special to somebody that's going to be my bf. in return i 'll do the same for him. but then again i only go on dates with guys i already know and can see me having a relationship with.
>>
>>16705117
That's not what I said though. BEFORE the date.
>>
>>16705136
well, i KNOW a guy is going on dates with a girl i wouldn't bother getting between them. for me he would officially be off the market
>>
>>16705146
* IF i know...
>>
>>16705146
What?
I'm saying
if a dude is a fuckboy
will you be still interested in him if he promised to stop being a fuckboy after you started dating?
>>
Friend is telling people me and her are in a relationship, when we're not. Is she crazy or should i take it as a good sign because im developing feelings for her?
>>
Girlfriend has a naturally flirty personality. She's attractive. Should I be worried? We've discussed it and she says she can see what I'm talking about, and I'm not about to ask her to change how she interacts because it's not that bad. But long term, do you think it will be a problem?
>>
>>16705151
what do you define as a "fuckboy"?
>>
>>16705159
if you catched the feels then just ask her out you dingus
>>
>>16705165
what do you mean by "flirty"?
>>
>>16705172
Flirty as in she enjoys the male attention she frequently receives. I would say it's a form of entertainment/validation for herself. I'm pretty sure I can trust her, she's a very honest character often to a fault. FWIW I don't think she'd cheat on me with these guys, she seems to really dig me but I suppose you never know?
>>
>>16705182
well, i mean it's nice to get attention for your looks, no doubt. but does it bother you that she basks in this kind of validation? or are you a bit proud to be with such a desireable girl?
>>
Going to meet up with her over the weekend and I asked her if it's just something as friends or what.

She said she's happy if I just want us to be friends at first or if it leads to something more.

She just called me funny, lovely, super cool.

I don't fucking know if I'm getting friendzoned. I told her of course I'm happy to see where it goes too.
>>
>>16705196
no. she's in
>>
My previous relationship was nine years ago. She was sexually abusive. First it was coercion, then violence towards herself ("fuck me or I'll kill myself"), then violence towards me. All the fingers on my right hand have scars from being knifed. She died and that's how I got out of the relationship.

I don't have baggage. Initially I was scared of women. Not "boo" scared, but intense discomfort and distrust, but I've got over it. I've dated since but haven't had sex since: it takes me a bit longer to trust someone enough to sleep with them.

If your boyfriend told you this, how would you react? I've never told anyone, but I'm getting serious with this one girl and I guess it'd be an eventuality that I told her. I don't know if I should be nervous about revealing this or not.
>>
>>16705089
It would be a huge turn-off/red flag for me

mainly because I'm attractive and have a lot of things going for me, generally a great catch
so of course I'm going to want to be with someone who can acknowledge that

but the same would likely go for any girl with self-respect, no matter her attractive-ness...which is the only type you should date anyways. Confidence and self-respect
>>
>>16705167
A guy who flirs with a lot of girls outside of a relationship.
>>
File: IMG_20160119_132823[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160119_132823[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>16705231

Here's one of the scars. She held my hand down and sliced it open. Sure it's not very prominent but you can see it if you looked at my hand.
>>
>>16705196
Just go with flow, but let your opinion be known, if you both start developing feelings congrats, if not at least you tried and lost then being a pussy
>>
>>16705232
but what if you aren't really? you may get a lot of fuckboy attention in your life because they don't really discriminate, in fact, they're mostly only doing it with people who they deem attractive and if you are attractive well tough shit you gonna get fuckboy'd on
>>
>>16705231

Honestly I'd stop seeing him

How big of a wuss do you need to be to let a woman cut you up? Its unmanly and unattractive. Id be supportive of first but just to buy enough time to make an exit
>>
>>16705244
I'm wondering
Do you feel the same way about women who have had the same treatment done to them?
>>
>>16705249

Take a below average man and he could take control even if a slightly above average woman starting physically hurting him

A woman being abused is bad because she has no real way out, but a man? Knock her the fuck out and be done with it
>>
>>16705251
Answer my question instead of pussyfooting around it.
>>
>>16705231
It'd possibly be a deal breaker for me. Not because "omg wuss" because only idiots like >>16705251 who don't understand how abuse works would think that.
However, I simply can't believe you when you say you don't have baggage. I know people who have been abused. It never goes away.
>>
>>16705256

I did answer it

No, I don't have the same thoughts about women who are in an abusive relationship. It can be tough to get out considering the physicality of men

A woman can fight back sure, but consider the potential outcomes. A man would win most times
>>
>>16705259
Physicality? I like it how you put an emphasis on the physicality a lot.

How old are you? 18 or so I assume? Or underage?
>>
>>16705259
When people answer something else than "yes" or "no" it means they know deep inside they're wrong, so there's one good clue.
>>
>>16705258

I don't know what baggage I could have. I had trust issues with women, so much so I didn't like being in a room alone with one. Even my female friends. I'm more comfortable around women now and don't have any kind of fear.

The only lasting thing I have is lack of intimacy? I'm not quick to become intimate. I wouldn't have sex on a first or second date, for example, since I need to trust someone before I sleep with them.
>>
>>16705259
They could just leave, most physically abusing men don't hold the women in chains. Hence the woman wins by exiting the situation
>>
>>16703311
is it easily possible to fall in love with someone while having a crush?
please answer for both genders
>>
>>16705288
I'm just saying I know both men and women who have been abused, in relationships or by their familys. It always shows. Their sense of self worth often becomes permanently damaged. Not really their confidence, but believing their valuable.
Maybe that's not the case with you, and that's great if so.
>>
Women, how do you feel about prenup.
Like the law is shitty when it comes to divorces and its only balanced by the fact that prenups exist.
>>
>>16705318
The law where I live is fair enough. Unless we were earning significantly different amounts of money, there's no point. I'd think you were an idiot if you brought it up, since I'm a law student and relationship property is my interest area, so I'd have taught you a thing or two about it. Not only that, but relationship property information is available in layman's terms everywhere. If you brought up a prenup, it'd just show you have no idea what you're talking about, and that you're possibly becoming an MRA. At the very least, it'd show you gobble up everything you hear without questioning it. All in all, you'd basically be too stupid to marry.
>>
>>16705329
Where is that btw?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.