[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /paranoid/ here? I'm pretty sure literally everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1437206058032.jpg (337 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1437206058032.jpg
337 KB, 550x535
Who /paranoid/ here? I'm pretty sure literally everyone I come across hates my guts for being a loser NEET. Even my own family, everything they say I think way too deeply about and it always comes back around to people fucking with me. Even online, people will play stupid to fuck with me I think. Is that paranoid or are people really just THAT mean spirited? I never could get that, I've always been a nice person, so it doesn't make sense how people can be so cruel. I feel like if I don't have something to offer people just don't want to be around me and it's fucking bullshit. I can't be mean myself, I don't know how to and I'm not very good at it. What do you guys think? Am I just paranoid or what?
>>
I used to be a neet and i thought the exact same feelings. Literally it is somewhat true, people will feel a bit weird about someone being a NEET loser, they might make an odd joke randomly but majority of the time they don't give a shit. Im no longer a neet and i notice people don't care really, they think "Oh you should study or work" then thats it, they continue their life.

I recommend ignoring other people and do what will make you happy.
>>
>>16688730
It's hard for me to ignore people for some reason, I take it too dearly to heart. Like my nieces and nephews, brother in law, half sister were shit to me during christmas and they are literally dead to me at this point. All I tried to do was be there for the family and they treat me like that. People also give me dirty looks or maybe smile or laugh or talk shit behind my back when I go places sometimes and idk why. I don't think they are jealous of me so it has to be the way I look or carry myself and all I try to do is be as normie as possible so idk why people hate me. Fuck it, I need to find me again, but I can't with my life in shambles. Anytime I try to make it better shit like this happens.
>>
Maybe instead of getting all offended and crying about it you should fix your shitty lifestyle because everyone will hate you for being a non contributing no life leech. Or you can stay a fat fuck and just get used to people thinking that way of you. If you behave like a pathetic human we will treat you like a pathetic human.
>>
>>16688776
Look i feel you, i wish people were more compassionate but a lot people in this world aren't. People who put others down (especially those in lower positions) are only doing so to feel better about themselves because they arent doing so well either.

But what i recommend is try to fit in, it makes things easier. Finding yourself is good, if you cannot do it because of others putting you down, just keep ignoring them and remind yourself they're only saying those things to improve their low self esteem.

What do you want to do with your life anon?
>>
>>16688793
Who the fuck is we? Society? Why do you even give a fuck? At least give me a fucking chance to get my shit together, just because it's not done right at the time you see me doesn't mean I'm gonna stay that way forever. I'm stuck in a really shitty situation at least until the next few months are up and I fucked up, thats what got me in this situation in the first place, I realize that. I just need some fucking support I don't need people fucking beating me down, especially my family. Why the fuck do you even care so much? I've never been like that to another human being who was just down on their luck. Fuck you, you fucking little bitch
>>
look up spotlight effect
>>
>>16688815
We as in individuals who do spend our time putting in the effort. And of what you told me is true then what are you worried about? Fix your situation and get out of it, but of you stay doing nothing you will have no sympathy
>>
>>16688806
>People who put others down (especially those in lower positions) are only doing so to feel better about themselves because they arent doing so well either.

Yeah, I've kind of noticed that pattern, but still it's like I'm down on my luck to, but I'm not making people eat my shit.

>But what i recommend is try to fit in, it makes things easier. Finding yourself is good, if you cannot do it because of others putting you down, just keep ignoring them and remind yourself they're only saying those things to improve their low self esteem.

I'll try to be better on this, I sometimes just think that maybe they are in on something I'm not, like some kind of mindframe and I really should feel like killing myself, so I do feel like that.

>What do you want to do with your life anon?

I really have no clue at this point. I have 1 year of college under my belt and I just missed registration for this semester today and I'm 24 years old. I feel like I'm running out of time. I kind of wanted to go back to school and have a normal college life and play tennis at a D2 school if I could, I used to be really good when I was younger, but like I said I haven't been practicing religiously for years and years and I'm getting older. Other than that I was thinking about going into a two year trade so I at least have something I can fall back on that makes decent money. Besides all that I just mainly wanna die lol, my life is so fucked up. Thanks for talking to me btw man. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>16688831
>We as in individuals who do spend our time putting in the effort

Are you really that miserable though? That you resort to picking on other people because they aren't suffering like you are? Jesus christ.

>And of what you told me is true then what are you worried about?

What did I tell you? That I was gonna do something? I am, but apparently that's not good enough for some people.

>Fix your situation and get out of it, but of you stay doing nothing you will have no sympathy

I'm fucking working on it, what business is it of yours anyway? Go fucking suffer in silence you piece of shit.
>>
>>16688676
>>16688730
Same here, experienced the same thing as a NEET. You can't really change how people are going to react to your lifestyle, so either avoid them or fix your shit. If you're a self-sufficient NEET, if that even exists, then people won't care as much. Also, you probably have confidence issues and may be reading too deeply into things/projecting those feelings onto your perception of things.
>>
>>16688840
Lol all these assumptions that I'm suffering. Get over yourself faggot, you asked why everyone hates you for being a NEET and I answered. I care less than nothing about what you do, are or feel.
>>
>>16688822
thanks bro, that's interesting. I hope that's the case, would be a huge relief.
>>
>>16688849
>I care less than nothing about what you do, are or feel.

If you don't care then why would you or anyone else bother beating me down about it? dumbfuck
>>
>>16688848
How did you get out of NEETdom? I think you're right I am a little sensitive to this type of thing.
>>
>>16688834
>I just missed registration for this semester today
I think you know this is a big part of your problem.
You need to be working toward some kind of goal, either at work or school.
Get a job until you can go back to school.
>>
>>16688834
Thats good you don't put others down anon, that shows your character, you know how it feels and wouldn't want others to feel the same hurt.

Trust me they arent on a different mind frame, they are just being rude and put others down because they're tryna boost themselves up. Nothing else.

You're still young 24 years old, what i thought when i was in my NEET state was, "Shit im rock bottem now, no where else to go but up" so literally i just eventually worked my way up to studying again and getting a part time job, saving up money. So i recommend just trying to find out who you really are, what your beleifs are, understand why your life isnt going so great now but know that you can and WILL improve because you're capable. Anyway goodluck anon, wish the best and i also did have a lot of suicidal thoughts but im glad those thoughts are long behind me and im sure they will be for you, just dont give up.

Our difficulty is on Mode: Very Hard
so when you gain an achievement/goal remember what difficulty you've started on.
>>
>>16688853
Lol if you think this is beating you down you're in for a fucking shocker when you step outside your house into the real world. I'm not criticizing you, you paranoid fuck, I'm criticizing what you're doing. They're different things. Who you are is a culmination of experience, knowledge and a wide variety of factors.

When you're a NEET, you do nothing useful for anyone. You can change what you do, I don't know enough about who you are to criticize that. So get the fuck over yourself. I'm not speaking about your individuality. If you don't want people to talk down to you, stop rebuking them with childish torts, put on your big boy clothes and go be a man - earn your living, be accountable, and accept challenges. The first 3 years after school I worked 2 full time jobs and lived in a bachelor suite with a leaky roof. It's not fun, but you've got to plant the seed before you reap the fruit. Get to work.
>>
>>16688854
I slowly worked my way back into society by getting used to talking to people again and doing odd jobs until I felt confident enough to get a part time job. As long as you're doing something to support yourself, people won't try to mess with your life as much.
>>
>>16688865
Thanks man, I think I'm gonna make it or at least I'm not gonna give up so easily anymore. You've inspired me.
>>
>>16688860
I just have a lot of history here, I don't want to see my oneitis or old friends around town because that would be mega embarrassing, not to mention if I could even hold down a job at this point anyway. My parents have retired and are moving in a few months so I figured I would just wait until that happened.

>>16688873
ok, maybe you have some valid points. I don't want to argue with you anymore. Thanks for being semi supportive in this post

>>16688874
What kind of odd jobs did you do? How did you find them? On craigslist?
>>
>>16688676
You might be projecting an air that you don't trust anyone, which in turn will make them slightly hostile towards you. Would you try to be friends with someone who seems uninterested in being friends? I understand it's slightly different inside of your head but as far as outsiders are concerned you're probably someone who does nice things in an unfriendly manner.
>>
>>16688676
>"I've always been a nice person"
>only harbors horrible thoughts about their family and friends
riiiiiiight
>>
>>16688676

Develop a thicker skin, that's what society teaches you anyway. I had a messed up life, most of the time it's you bringing yourself down and not others. If you're down in the dumps or moping around then yeah people will pick up on that.

Most people have issues and problems of their own to focus on you entirely. They either want to give you the right push or at least make you recognize their disapproval so don't take it personal when someone says anything. Reframe it as a character building exercise, expose yourself to criticism and listen. Don't be sad or angry at them or yourself, just listen to what they could give you and ask them back. You might just learn something.

Abuse is a different story entirely and that's their problem not yours. Relish in being an under dog in life and do what you need to do in life. No one will say anything if you do.

I was in that situation, just learn and learn. Be smart and socially adept, study and work hard. Treat your friends and ask them how they are. Just be a good person anon and you won't need to be paranoid at all. You'll focus on the right things, the right people and eventually you'll love the criticism and challenge that life brings. Make sure you kill them with niceness or respect.If they don't reciprocate and abuse you then the cons outweigh the pros and maybe it's time to move on. I did that and realized you can enjoy life. Travel and talk to people, do whatever and enjoy being alone.

You have to find a way out anon.

Been making a steady $140 a day nowadays and don't really care too much about taking things personally. IF someone disrespects me then I show them who they are and where they belong outside of their perceive superiority.

Don't hang around people that bring you down and you'll be fine anon.

Or kill yourself, that's always an option. Life is a dream anyway.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.