[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emotional Exhaustion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1447557810669.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1447557810669.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
What does it mean to be emotionally exhausted when you hangout with someone? One of my friends was talking about it but I still don't get it that much. The only thing said was its about energies and some people have positive energy which means they are easier to hangout with an don't exhaust as much. Neutral energies which is normal to be around and negative which makes you lose energy really fast. Is this a thing? can someone help me understand it a little more?
>>
Your friend was talking about it in more complex terms than it has to be. It's simple. Being around someone optimistic and happy is better than around someone who is constantly dragging you down with their negativity. No need for these energies.
>>
Yeah, your friend has delved into "spirituality".
However, it means that if somebody just uses you to rant and whine about all the (minor) shit they go trough they will leave you in a rather bad mood. As compared to somebody that's likes to pick out the awesome stuff and tell you about it. It will make you feel upliftet and you might start to focus on the good thing too when talking to them. Ofc, if a friend has a serious problem and needs to have somebody to go trough possible solutions that isn't a bad thing. But that friend that always whines about the government but does nothing but being angry? Yep.
>>
>>16669054
OP here i'll give a little more context about it because I still don't get it that much. Apparently I am neutral, one of our friends is positive and everyone else is negative, what I don't get is isn't neutral a useless term here. And this whole thing makes me feel kinda shitty because unless the positive one is there then my friend doesn't want to hangout so to me it just seems like everyone else except this one positive person is nothing and its not fun or a comfortable environment unless that positive person is there.
>>
>>16669054
Bump for knowledge
>>
>>16669066
No, it isn't as simple as that. If someone is like super hyper and "happy" all the time it can drain your energy just as much as someone who is negative. It is more obvious if you have some kind of spiritual practice that you do. It's just about acting natural in any situation and not constantly spew egoistic nonsense like most people do.
>>
>>16669377
I don't think he meant like hyper off the wall I think it was more of a chill out vibe and not a constant annoyance like just being in the room drops the mood.
>>
>>16669054
More Bump please this is still bothering me
>>
Im into that spirituality shit. But nothings really black and white, or needs be put into specifics. Some ppl got shitty energy and it gets all mired up in ur vibe. (Vibing being absorbing a bit of one or more other people in ur moment attitude/energy into ur own pattern for awile) some ppl just drain. If you give to the right ppl, you dont feel like you lost anything, but rlly drainy ppl can leave you feeling spent. U can tell who they are, if you pay attention. But in the end, whether for spirituality or social science, the advice to stick with ppl that bring you up and avpid those whom always leave you spent is pretty solid.
>>
>>16669578
Yeah but what does it mean when someone is neutral, the way it was explained to me was that they are ok to be around but I honestly feel like neutral is just as bad as negative since the positive needs to be there or else nothing happens.
>>
>>16669054
Stop believing in this New Age bullshit.
>>
>>16669578
And while your at it you should burn these "negative energy" people as witches!
>>
*translation* - I'm too weak to deal with people who aren't exactly like me and my friends. I don't like being reminded that I'm weak so I'd really like to blame those people for being unlike me. Do these people have special "negative' powers that can invade my "neutral" mind? That would make me feel so much better about the fact that I am a total faggot.
>>
>>16669843
She's a witch! Burn her! Burn her!!

Her shitty energy is getting all mired up in my vibe!!! HELP!!!
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.