[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do girls still like chivalry, like pulling their chair out at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
Do girls still like chivalry, like pulling their chair out at a table, taking their jacket off, holding doors open, opening the passenger side door of the car for her first etc?
What are some things a guy should do on the first few dates to leave a good impression without being fedora neckbeard tier?
>>
Doesn't matter.

The one thing girls truly love, it's complaining about men.

If you choose chivalry, you're sexist.
If you don't, you're not a gentlemen and where are all the good men gone...

Stop worryin' about the consequences, because they're always the same and there aint a damned thing that can change that (every damned man has tried).
Simply put, if she likes you, she'll let it slide and hide her hatred, if she doesn't, you'll fuckin' find out.

My point is, do whatever the fuck you want because it won't change anything.

Personally, I'd rather not waste my time doing things for someone else, just to be called out on it and labelled sexist - so I don't. I figure if a girl likes me, she'd understand, and I might end up doing things for her once I've gotten to know her better.

But, each to their own.
>>
>>16664408
Just like most "do girls like x" questions, it depends on the girl. Some do and some don't. It also matters how you do it. If you're suave about doing the chair pull outs and shit then it's not as cringey embarrassing.
>>
hold the door, open the passanger door, walk on the "outside" (closest to the street, etc)

don't take the jacket off or pull out the chair. takes a lot to pull that off, and I just don't know how hot you are
>>
You must bring a sacrifice of goat. She will be impressed with your skills and become your slave forevermore. (SN: be sure to chant the right words)
>>
Independence and trust trumps chivalry.
>>
>>16664408
depends on the girl dumbass. theyre not all carboncopies of eachother
>>
>>16665125
This. I do, but some girls find it weird. Just try doing that sort of thing once and watch her reaction. It she seems weirded out, don't do it again.
>>
>>16664441
In a sense this. No matter what you do unless it's ultra violence a woman already has her mind made up about you and will be bothered by the same thing you may do but another man may and it not bother her.

I'm still chivalrous as fuck, hold doors, open car doors, go up to the house and knock, take care of the bill and all that, if it works awesome, but I'm praying for the day some feminist bitch rages at me for it so I can say "my privilege"
>>
>>16664408

I don't hold doors open for women because of chivalry. I hold doors open because it's a nice thing to do.

No wonder I don't have a girlfriend yet. Maybe I'm just a beta or something.
>>
Not really, independence and confidence are the new fads.
>>
>>16664408
Holy shit you faggots. Sure they like it. They love easy to manipulate little bitches like you. Chivalry is dead. Women are whores now. they dont deserve it. Youre the guy who gives a whore his jacket after shes done getting gang bang and opens the door to the whore house for her.
>>
>>16664408
Like everybody said, depends on the girl. Personally I find it appealing and not sexist at all but I was raised in a more traditional culture. I think pulling the chair out might seem a bit too "formal" for some girls but the rest are pretty safe imo.

Just be a nice person in general you know, don't be rude to waiters if you go to eat somewhere, etc.
>>
>>16666287
I'm finding it difficult to disagree with you lol. After college I immediately realized how shallow bitches are. I just treat women like they are of less importance compared to myself, it turns them on even if they won't admit it.
>>
>>16666277
How are those things excludent with each other, dog fucker
>>
>>16664408
Girls like chivalry if you are attractive to them.
>>
>>16664408
you are going to get all sorts of answers. I'll summarize some

>women are all bitches
>feminism ruined everything
>you can't generalize

This is what I'm going to tell you. If you like to be a gentlemen, then be a gentlemen. I have never ran into a single women, especially ones that I dated. That were mad at me for showing them respect. Now, some men can get carried away with it, but If you act tasteful, and respectful. Majority of women were respect you for it.

Nothing wrong, with holding open a door, or making sure she gets home safe. If you want to be a girls boyfriend, You should be in her corner. She should know that you are willing to back her up, but you must expect the same from her.
>>
>>16664408
That sort of behaviour's kind of condescending, to be honest. I can do that stuff myself. Just do what you would do for anyone, male or female, like holding doors open, but don't make concessions for me just because I'm female.
>>
>>16664408
I like when a guy holds a door open for me. I think pulling my chair out for me would be a bit strange, as well as taking my jacket off. I would say the strangest chivalrous thing a guy did for me was at college at the cafeteria type place, and he grabbed my dishes for me.

Holding doors open and car doors are sweet though!
>>
>>16664408
do it naturally, don't make a big ordeal out of it. Make it seem like you do shit like that all the time.
>>
>>16666655
>>16666683

Hey OP, maybe you can learn from these two posts
>>
>>16664408
I like it honestly but I'd rather it be out of politeness instead of it being because I'm a girl if that makes sense.
>>
>>16664408
It really depends on the girl desu, for some they might feel a bit uncomfortable having a guy do all those things for her (e.g. feminazis as an extreme example), while some would really enjoy it since it is very classy and gentlemanly to do so.

Personally (femanon here) I like it when guys are a bit more on the chivalrous side. But it does make me feel uncomfortable when a guy gets too hard out with their chivalry. Opening the door for me or letting me go first are nice imo
>>
>>16664408
As a girl I like to open doors for people and let people go before me just because i find it polite. So just out of common courtesy instead of doing certain things specifically because its a girl.

Also i guess the thing is to not overdo it to the point that you're pretty much treating the girl like royalty, because that might make most girls uncomfortable.
>>
>>16664408
I guess it depends on the girl but I do (20, female, in case you are wondering)
>>
>>16664444
checked
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.