[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf recently told me she's also into girls. However, we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
My gf recently told me she's also into girls. However, we were extremely drunk at the time and I have little recollection of the conversion, to the point of not being 100% sure if that's what she said.

Anyway I'm going to bring it up with her soon and wanted some general advice on what to do. How can I bring it up without sounding insensitive? If she did in fact say this, how should I respond?

I'm fine with it in concept, I want to be supportive. But I'd also like to know the exact extent of her feelings, is it just a sex thing, is/was there a girl she actually has a crush on ext. But I don't want to be overly probing.

Anyone had this situation? Bi people, let me know how you'd want others to respond. Thanks annons.
>>
>>16663314
Well, I'm bi (and a girl) and I think asking her about her sexuality doesn't have to be a bad thing (though it would be better if she was the one to tell you). Still, the fact that she's sexualy attracted to guys and girls doesn't mean she's going to go around cheating on you. That's a really offensive steriotype. She's going out with you, so she obviously likes you, not some other dude nor some other chick.
I'd let some indirects fall and see if she says something before asking her directly about it. Maybe she's not out of the closet, or isn't totally sure of her own sexuality yet
>>
>>16663329
Thanks, yeah I'm not really worried about her cheating or anything. I was planning on asking her by saying something like

>hey do you remember the conversion we had the other night?
She responds yes
>good because I don't, can you tell me what we talked about?

Does this sound like a good way to do it?
>>
>How can I bring it up without sounding insensitive?
why do you want to?
>I'd also like to know the exact extent of her feelings
too bad, that's impossible.
>>
>why do I want to?
Because I'm in a relationship with her, and knowing about each other's sexuality is important.

>too bad, that's impossible.
Within reason, obviously. I want to know as much as she wants to tell me. Which is why I said the bit about not being overly probing.
>>
>>16663336
The first part seems fine byt telling her you don't remember sounds really fake. I'd avoid that
>>
>>16663376
Yeah I thought maybe it could sound like that. But honestly, I'm not sure if I just imagined/dreamt her saying this. I'm worried if I ask her and she didn't say it, it might come across as offensive?

So if I were to do it more indirectly what might I say?
>>
>>16663389
Unless you have reason to think she's slightly homofobic, I don't think it'll sound offensive. The best way to go about it would probably be to be honest with her. Tell her you were drunk and don't really remember if that's what she said or not. Be easy-going, as if it's not really an important matter to you, make her at ease with coming out to you if she wants to.
If you don't want to be so direct, just drop a few hints here and there and see how she reacts
>>
>>16663399
Nice dubs
>>
>>16663329
Be honest, how old are you?
>>
>>16663440
21, so is she
>>
>>16663440
Sorry didn't realise that wasn't addressed to OP, can't speak for that anon.
>>
>>16663440
20, why?
>>
>>16663490
>>16663452
Pretty sure that's this one guy who keeps asking stupid questions like that in every thread. Pay him no mind
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.