[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys I'm a 23 year old fucking failure Is 23 too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1346253916586.jpg (35 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1346253916586.jpg
35 KB, 500x494
Alright guys

I'm a 23 year old fucking failure

Is 23 too old to be going to school? Should I just wallow in my shitty life because I was too retarded to pick a decent program when I was younger? Should I accept that at this point I'll never move out of my parents house? Should I just fucking kill myself?
>>
>>16648873
>Is 23 too old to be going to school?

Not at all.
>>
It's ok.
>>
>>16648873
Nope. You're 23 and you're still young. Sure, you'll get a degree later than most of your peers, but better late than never.

Besides, if you don't take any action now then, yeah, you'll never move out of your parents house. Just go to college (even community college), find something to keep you motivated to continue your studies, and make your way up there. After 1 year you can transfer to a better college/uni, or intern/get a job.

>TL;DR You're young and there's always hope. Don't worry, just go to school. Everything will be better, I promise.
>>
>>16648881
Not even as a first timer? Like I wouldn't be going "back" to school to finish up or anything, I'd be straight up going to school with freshman at this age.

>>16648897
Appreciate the motivation anon
>>
Seriously? You think 23 is too late? I know people who went back in their 40's.
>>
>>16648905
You're okay. Go back to school.
>>
>>16648912
>went back

going "back" is different though
>>
Starting at 23 is just fine and not as uncommon as you probably think it is, feel no shame for it, you still have time.
>>
>>16648905
damn you're still in dating range of those freshmen, who cares anon. seriously, could the age difference be any less trivial? and i've met/seen people over their 30s when i went to college. i'm sure many go in their 40s and 50s
>>
>>16648873
>Is 23 too old to be going to school
At intensive for my biology unit I made a few friends one of which was a guy in his late thirties early forties. None of us cared about his age and he didn't seem to mind either. If you're not overly self conscious about it, no one cares (and if they do, they're probably retarded). Plus I started last year and I was 23 and I had no issues with it.
>>
>>16648948
True I guess

>>16648941
you're hopefully right hahah
>>
Grandpa went to uni when he was 50. I was 24 when I started. Still in school at 50 %, getting a second degree.

I've had some serious depression so it wasn't easy, but well worth it.
>>
>>16648905
The fact that you are worrying about it but seriously considering it means you are gonna be fine.
You're older, but you've seen some shit they haven't. They are 18. They'll think it's cool (it is).

I'm 30 hanging with a bunch of 23-28 year olds fairly regularly (overseas teaching program). They don't give a shit that I'm older.
>>
>>16648873
Think of it this way. There are people everywhere that had not taken such programs in the past, but don't care. That's the main difference- you do care. In short, a late bloomer is better than one that doesn't bloom at all.
>>
>>16649125
>There are people everywhere that had not taken such programs in the past, but don't care. That's the main difference- you do care. In short, a late bloomer is better than one that doesn't bloom at all

I dig that, thanks anon
>>
i fucked around too much and im going to end up in my first year of uni at 22 (21) now. i should have been in my 3rd year by now but no worries man youre still young. hell even my 19 year old gf is ahead of me
>>
I was same OP, take a trade, it's a great salvation and decent pay.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.