[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to completely cut contact with guys you were once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1420054427484.gif (208 KB, 354x534) Image search: [Google]
1420054427484.gif
208 KB, 354x534
Is it normal to completely cut contact with guys you were once close to and pretend they don't even exist? I'm pretty inexperienced so I don't know how it is but I'm wondering if this is what people do. I mean don't most people remain friends or even friendly?
>>
if you've lost the thing that keeps you and your friends in touch then i dont think that friendship will last.
you dont cut all contact with them but you lose consistency and the relationship basically falls out. time to look for new friends OP.
>>
>>16646412
I meant more like in the romantic context. Is it normal to pretend the person never existed if you were so close once? I guess I'm wondering if I should work through the hurt feelings or whatever else instead of just plugging my ears and walking away. I've done it two times with guys who hurt me with their uncaring nature. Basically they led me on in a relationship, knowing that it was hard for me to let people in, and then wanted to be "friends" when they got tired of it.

I guess I'm wondering if the reason why I keep running into guys like this is because I never deal with the feelings and just block them and it all out. Or if I'm just being too sensitive.
>>
why would you want to stay friends with people who have an "uncaring nature"?
>>
>>16646468
I guess because I'm sheltered and naive and want to believe there's some good in them. But I probably need to realize there's real assholes out there and I was just stupid to believe the illusion. It's just hard to let go of people you believed in and shared so much with.
>>
it really is diffficult to let go but you have to, otherwise you might end up in another relationship with one of these uncaring men
>>
>>16646447
>Is it normal to pretend the person never existed if you were so close once?

yeah
>>
>>16646479
The first one actually did pull me back once and hurt me even more. I thought the second one was a good person so I keep thinking "oh I shouldn't completely break all contact again, we did have good times", but it's probably my inexperience talking. I will have good and better times with people who actually care.
>>
>>16646391
I do this all the time. It's mostly on accident, though. And I never try to reconnect out of fear that they might hate me for having ignored them. Especially if they expressed romantic interest in me and I didn't feel the same. It's sad because I've lost great friends this way.
>>
>>16646391
i have never stayed friendly or friends with an ex. and most people don't keep contact. i don't see why you would? i think it would just make things awkward.
>>
>>16646391
>>16646391
I believe that friendship is the core of a good relationship. In my' experience, the break ups happened because we didn't get along very well. You're most likely going to have the same dynamic with someone regardless of relationship status.

Burn all bridges, cut contact, remove them from our life as much as possible, you'll get over them faster and make your life simpler in the long run.

There's always exceptions of the rule but this isn't your case.
>>
>>16647200
protip: they were never your friends. they only wanted to fuck you, and were so beta that they resorted to the facade of friendship in an attempt to do so
>>
There are various reasons why someone would completely cut contact. I wouldn't say it's normal, just that cases can be made to do it. There are unreasonable cases, there are reasonable ones. I'll give my perspective as someone who did cut contact, and then my perspective as someone who had another cut contact with me very recently.

I cut contact with someone I was incredibly fond of, because he continuously sought to provoke any reaction he could just for a bit of attention, rather than just outright asking. He'd do things on the grounds of making others jealous. What actually pushed me to cut contact, however, was a combination of his outbursts in July, and him lashing out at someone he didn't even know just because he felt like it. So I bid him a farewell and cut all contact. Following that, he proceeded to spend all his time fawning over a girl, then more recently wanted to talk to me again then found someone that makes him happy. At least, for him he had a nice happy outcome to his year and he's gone into 2016 with someone he cares about. I would still argue that me cutting contact over the events were reasonable, no matter how fond of him I was for well over a year.

As for the other case, my recent ex cut off all contact with me after I said we should break up and that he should look closer to him because I was sure someone else could make him happier. Granted, he was also a very depressed guy, but he cut off contact shortly after the breakup even though I would have loved to have stayed in contact with him. Stupid, really, because I'm in love with the dork but right now he's off hopefully enjoying himself
>>
TA? Not sure if it's you but KS here. I didn't know you felt this way, so if this is you, shoot me a text
>>
>>16646391
yes
either they got what they wanted from you and no longer need you
or 2. the thought of you pains them and they cant be around you without being sad
3. they realized youre a shitty person with no redeeming qualities and dont want to waste more time on you

theres probably other options but those are the 3 ive experienced
>>
>>16648219
I'm the one cutting contact though.
>>
>>16648235
and none of those things apply to how youre feeling? well then, just a case of apathy then
>>
>>16646391
Yes its better that way.
>tfw had dated a girl who was full whore mode.
>tries to get friendly with me
>i know shes a literal cuck while also cheating on her bfs with 5 people
And thats how i realized relationships are fucked.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.