[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a really cute readhead that works at the grocery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: V37HnGE.gif (114 KB, 800x675) Image search: [Google]
V37HnGE.gif
114 KB, 800x675
There's a really cute readhead that works at the grocery store down the street from my house. Being so close I stop by all the time and she's rung me up a couple times. I don't know how to show interest without making things awkward for her, and I'd hate to be rejected and have to come back to the store and see her again. Is there any way to go about this or should I just let it go?
>>
>>16643610
1. "When is your next lunch break, lets eat something together?"
2. "Got plans for the weekend? Im having a party at mine, you should come!" (You have to throw a party, effort involved)
3. " hey i noticed there was ~ insert town event you live in ~ do you wanna check it out?

If she has already called you a few times then she obviously likes you, reciprocate it back.
>>
I meant rung me up at the register, whoops. She's very friendly and always smiles at me but it could just be customer service.
>>
>>16643824
There is legit only one way to find out, ask her to have lunch with you on her break. She says no, well then you know she was just being nice. On the flipside if you pull it off, well then your in with a chance. If you dont ask her, you will regret it later.

I once asked a girl if she had a boyfriend when i was at a skin clinic getting a spot lazered off my face, turns out she did and it was kinda embarrasing at the time, but i dont regret it because now i have the closure to know that it wasnt going to happen compared to maybe it could of.
>>
>>16643843
There's a bit more on the line if I fuck this up, I see her almost every day. Is it appropriate to approach someone this way while they're working? It puts them in a weird position imo
>>
Is it ok to ask a girl that you only know from the grocery store and had little contact with for lunch? I mean do people do that? All of my experience comes from movies and TV shows so I don't know
>>
If you really want to go for it (it IS awkward to ask a customer service rep out, they HAVE TO be nice to you) I'd go even more casual.

Like just ask if she wants to get coffee later instead of lunch.

I definitely wouldn't ask if she wants to get lunch on her break. That would fucking suck. Would you want to interrupt your workday to have lunch with a customer? Holy shit.
>>
>>16643610
Taking the plunge is one of the best things ever. Just ask her out. And do it quick, otherwise you'll get obsessed and never do it. If she even has a tiny bit of interest she'll say yes, just for the amount of balls you'd be showing, which is rare these days. If she says no, it will probably be because she has a boyfriend or is just not in a place to be dating right now. She'll probably apologize but you're going to tell her it's not a problem. And it won't be. And you better go back there no matter how awkward you think it's going to be because it's not going to be a big deal.
What would be worse is if you just stopped going and she thought you were some creep going just to check her out. If you go again, just smile and go about your business and maybe she'll keep you in mind when she is actually ready to date and even ask you out.
>>
File: 1302318181750.png (147 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1302318181750.png
147 KB, 500x333
I know how you feel because i used to feel the same, you feel anxious, you overthink every detail and the possible outcomes of asking a girl out, you are not exactly afraid of being rejected, you are not afraid of not getting the girl, you are afraid of that awkward atmosphere that is created when you are rejected, that awkward situation that it is and how you would react to it.

Pay attention to what i'm gonna say: IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND!

It's no big deal asking a girl out, and it's no big deal being rejected either, people are rejected all the time for a vast number of reasons. The girl might have a boyfriend already, she might have a crush on somebody else, she might simply not want to date right now, she might not think you are attractive enough, she might reject you now for a dumb reason and regret it later when she has lost her chance with you or she might think "damn, he's got balls asking me out like this" and accept your offer. Just as there are people being rejected there are people hooking up and finding dates, the absolute only way to know what is going to happen is to try.

There is no inherent awkwardness to asking another person out or being rejected! Take this idea out of your head, it's alright if she doesn't want to go on a date with you, only YOU can make things awkward with your anxiousness and overthinking.
Just take a deep breath, try to be as casual and confident as you can and ask her out. If she accepts, good job man, if she doesn't, it's not the end of the world and it's not awkward either, you'll just casually and confidently say "Oh, that's ok, have a good day."

I know i'm just an anonymous guy on the internet but i'm giving you sincere advice from the heart:
Don't live in your comfort zone, it'll become your cage;
Don't wait too much or you'll miss a lot of opportunities in life;
The time that has passed, is forever lost;
If you don't ask, the answer will be always be no;
If you don't move forward, you'll always be in the same place.
>>
>>16643610
A "readhead"? Does that mean she likes books?
>>
dont listen to these guys that are telling you to ask her out rn. keep going through her line, and start a conversation. keep doing this for a week or so, and if you feel positive that she likes you, then go and ask her out. dont just be some random dude shes seen a couple times that asked her out. you need to build some kind of interest by talking to her, just small talk nothing big. it takes some time to get her to warm up to the idea
>>
Protip: she probably doesnt like you more than the next customers that she's paid to be pleasant towards.

Also remember that you put her in a pretty position, seeing as that's her workplace, and she's forced to interact with you, the power balance is fucked up.
>>
>>16645346
I think he meant to say "reedhead". You know, like the reed of an instrument.
>>
>>16645358
consider this too while your reading her reactions to your convos

please consider this >>16645357
>>
>>16645357
HOLY FUCK THIS!
Be patient about it, too. I hope you aren't looking for a quick FUG.
>>
>>16645357
OP, listen to this guy.

Don't fixate on one girl and think she likes you, just because she was doing her job.

However, you should approach any females that you encounter with the same sort of positive friendly attitude that you treat this one with. It is not a race, and you'll build up a rapport with women as time passes, eventually to the point where you'll be able to realistically choose between a few to make a move on.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.