[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loss of passion due to distance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
I need advice friends. I'm in the most perfect relationship with the girl I'm going to marry. For the past few days I've been quite lacking in passion towards the relationship. I believe it's the distance. Right now we're apart, only for a few weeks. I'm getting frustrated with things more then usual. She's depressive but this doesn't show often. But lately her mood and negativity has been frustrating me which saddens her further. It's a lack of empathy for her problems, but it's sad to me that I feel this way. This is the first time I have lost a passion for the most important person to me. This upsets me more because it seems like something as simple as distance has made me feel this way. Help me out /adv/ how do I change this, what thought path should I be on. Thanks.
>>
File: Studyinforce.jpg (17 KB, 468x315) Image search: [Google]
Studyinforce.jpg
17 KB, 468x315
Looks imperfect to me.
>>
>>16642176
Girlfriend of 3.5 years, love of my life left me after 6-7 months apart on her exchange program. Crying on my shoulder, begging me to not take a break, to wait for her - I did. She wrote me books, poems, made me things, ensured a surprise for me each week. I did many things in return for her.

Her love was absolutely vibrant, and way more than anything I could ever offer her:

She came back, probably cheated on me during this time, dumped me after a few weeks, and is now living life as a supposedly mature adult.

It's how it is OP. I wouldn't worry about a few weeks. I'm not even that bad. Some guys have been in relationships for years and years and much worse has happened.

Just relax.
>>
Its totally normal to feel a lack of passion. But the amount of thought your giving it shows you still care enough. Perhaps your going through some stages of grief, anger and denial. If you spend long enough apart, i myslef felt the same way, after 2 months you'll be begging for them back
>>
>>16642188
Thanks solid advice
>>16642186
I'm sorry man, that's too bad. I do acknowledge I don't have it bad.
>>16642180
I think people like you are the cancer of /adv/, quit arguing semantics. Perfect is a adaptable word, my perfect includes some struggles to build character. Please try to give advice instead of being people down.
>>
>>16642186

LDRs are the real test for a couple

If the relationship make trough it( what 90% of the cases doesn't happen ), its because the love is real, your gf probably was just scared of you dumping/cheating on her at this while and when she saw that she could have fun by herself she dumped you, this ain't love, it's called egoism
>>
few weeks eh? and already a breakdown.
then I must be numb. 3 years LDR. we meet only over 1-2 months.

well, just calm down. remember you love her when you talk to her. and sometimes, she may not be looking for advice but just a listening ear. listen to her rant. it could be she can solve her negativity herself in a few days time.
>>
>>16642283
Yeah, well we are kind of each other's everything. It might seem pathetic but this is this first time we've spent even a day away from each other in a year. I'm usually quite good at listening, because I'm not in the relationship to fix her. But the negativity can last for a while and is always probably exaggerated so it sounds like suffering. So I feel quite guilty.
>>
>>16642292
ah, let her have her hyperbolic moment. could be periods too that make her feel lousy.

if you're this far apart for the first time, then take it as a test. that's the only way to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>16642305
Agreed, thanks.
>>
>>16642307
fwoop.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.