[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone wants to get psychological help , do they have to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 18k2c5f0m2zzcjpg.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
18k2c5f0m2zzcjpg.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
If someone wants to get psychological help , do they have to tell their parents why? Also, can the paretns request to know why their kid is getting a professional ? Or would it just be easier for the person to wait a few months and become 18? They worked be in the US.
>>
>>16640596
>no
>no
>no
>>
>>16640596

>psychologist helping
>IQ over 80

Pick one imo.
>>
>>16640596
>If someone wants to get psychological help , do they have to tell their parents why?
Legally, no. Logistically, it makes things a lot easier, though there may be greater concerns.
>Also, can the paretns request to know why their kid is getting a professional ?
They can request, but depending on trhe jurisdiction, the professional does not have to tell them (and may even be forbidden by law from telling them).
One big logistical concern to be aware of: insurance companies will insist on putting some form of diagnosis on the bill. This will be in the form of a diagnostic code, but those codes are public, and can be looked up. So if your parents handle the bills, they contain enough information that your folks could at least figure out the general problem, if not the specifics.
>Or would it just be easier for the person to wait a few months and become 18? They worked be in the US.
Unless you think you could become a danger to yourself or others before then, it is probably easier to wait.

If you don't mind my asking, why do do you want to seek help, and why don't you want your parents to know?
>>
>>16640706
It's for being a pedophile
>>
>>16640869
I'm not sure that's an official diagnosis at this point in time. If I'm correct, then at least the diagnostic code is not going to be a concern: it will point to something much more general, and so your parents will not be able to pinpoint your exact problem from that alone.
>>
>>16640930
Pedophilia in itself isn't a diagnosis but paraphilia (ie. a fixated, life-impeding fetish) is.

Good luck OP!
>>
>>16640954
I'm not even sure If I will be able to. Admitting I have sexual fantasies about 6 year olds? That's scary..
>>
>>16640964
It might take a session or two to work up to that point, and that's more than alright. Just remember that as long as you aren't sitting there actively planning to commit a crime or talking about killing yourself tomorrow, a therapist legally can't and won't have you arrested or committed.
>>
>>16640976
If you looked at related material should you keep that to yourself?
>>
>>16641050
Again, no one is in danger when you engage in this behavior so therapist would not be allowed to report that.

Good luck OP.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.