[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is love, really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: serveimage.jpg (190 KB, 1230x756) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
190 KB, 1230x756
Is it the same thing you feel when you have a crush on someone and when that feeling ends, love ends?

If love is that, when you're in a "serious" relationship, does it only mean that that one feeling lasts longer?

What is love, really?
>>
Why is it important to know what love is? Everyone has a different definition and some idiots just love to tell people that whatever they are feeling is not love as if they are some sort of experts on the universe.

Either way, I'm gonna answer your question, you asked "what is love?"
baby dont hurt me
dont hurt me
no more
>>
>>16639541
>Why is it important to know what love is?

This is a good question. To me, it is important firstly to give meaning to the word, assuming the word is a string of characters that represent something that is a big deal in one's life. For instance, many important decisions in people's lives are often carried through taking "love" into account, so that kind of makes it a big deal.

I am not here trying to get a very precise definition of what it is. The discussion of what it is and perhaps a rough idea are enough.
>>
File: sensei samson.jpg (99 KB, 733x574) Image search: [Google]
sensei samson.jpg
99 KB, 733x574
>>16639525
Love is the thing when you're pushing yourself past the limit during work out and you're trying to think of things to convince yourself to do one more pushup, despite that sharp pain from lack of energy and what gives you the strength is thinking of "that person". Be it your gf/bf, your spouse, your children, your family. Can even be an object or a hobby.

When you get shot through the knee and you feel like blacking out from pain, but that one person you live for comes into your thoughts and seemingly creates a dose of adrenaline to fill your system.

That's love.
[spoiler]And it's exactly what you've thought it was all along.[/spoiler]
>>
Why are we expected to feel sorry for Africans? If they are too dumb to survive then why give them free food and keep attempting to teach them to farm. We tried. If there are starving kids in Africa why don't they build a treehouse in the jungle like many white journalists?
>>
>>16640879
Why are we expected to take them in like a lost puppy? If they aren't smart they shouldn't be valued or over represented.
>>
>>16639525
Read this archived thread: https://4ch.be/adv/thread/16632295/#16632295
>>
>>16640922
thanks anon
>>
This right here is the only correct explanation for what love is.
Love is a word people invented to better express themselves. You can you like a thing, but you might like a thing so much that you have to come up with a new word.
Love isn't some magic shit. It's a word to describe affection for something.
This is like asking what's ''huge''. Huge is just a word people invented because the word ''big'' and ''large'' can't describe the size of something that's even bigger than what you'd call big.
This is like asking what's ''hate''. Hate is a word you use when you dislike something so much that you have to use a different word to accurately describe how you feel.
Love is just a word. If you want to go full autistic I am sure you can map that shit out in the brain and figure out how much dopamine or whatever is released for it to be considered love or some shit.
>>
>>16639630
Not OP but thank you, i dont know what else to say just, thank you so much anon
>>
>>16641090
Did it hit close to home?
>>
>>16641092
Brought a realization that i should have come to on my own but couldn't, I've not been in love before but i can relate. back when i lost a large amount of weight, as a child i pushed so hard for so long to become normal and i did, the desire to better myself reminded me of your definition of love, my parents didn't really get along much and my father isn't very affectionate so i suppose thats what love is, it drives people(mad) further in life
Tl;dr lost weight as a child, that drive was alike to love
>>
Break love into to sections. One is want and one is desire. Think for a moment about something you want. Then think about something you desire. Long term relationship is when you desire each other.
Ex. I can want a sandwich but I don't fantasize eating the same fucking sandwich every day. I desire a soft blanket because I can't sleep without one. That smooth feeling when I toss and turn all night is soothed by the soft touch of the blanket as my SO tries to steal MY blanket. Though I do love her and let her steal it I must resort to just hugging her to death at night with only my soft blanket between us. That cute little snore is a desire because it puts me to ease knowing I didn't wake her up in my struggle to sleep. I can repeat this every night and not get tired of it ( if only I could literally be tired and finally sleep ffs ). I almost look forward to it on the drive home. I desire that. People always say their is a difference between a person's wants and needs but but few mention the difference between a want and desire.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.