[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/ /sci/ and /fit/ guy here. Here is a little background
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Hello /adv/

/sci/ and /fit/ guy here. Here is a little background story.

I am a nuclear physics student and I was awarded a fellowship to go to Tel Aviv Israel to learn more about data science and machine learning. I have a girlfriend, and I like her a lot. There are a lot of good looking girls here, and some hit on me but I am not really phased or tempted. But one of the fellowships instructors, who is working toward her PhD has been stuck in my head for a few days. She is not extremely beautiful but she is very talented at what she does. There were a few times when we were flirtatious I guess, but I overall cannot get her out of my head. It is a strange infatuation because she is probably around 10 years older than I. She also has a French accent. I didn't really feel infatuated until the other members of the fellowship group started mocking both of us about a coffee incident.

What should I do, and advice on how to get this out of my head? Thanks /adv/

Also I know at least one other fellow uses 4chan, so if you see this please keep it a secret.
>>
>>16633962

I don't know how closely you guys have to work together, but my advive would be to keep it as professional as possible. Do your work together, then leave. Don't go out for drinks afterwards, don't hang out together, etc. Even if you do have to go out with the rest of the grpup for lunch or whatever, don't sit next to her and make a conscious effort to spend only some of the time talking to get on 1 on 1 asides (just to be friendly) - spend more time talking to other people.

If ever in doubt, imagine whether you would want your gf or fiance to do the same thing with another man if she were in the exact same position. If it makes you pause even for a second, don't do it.
>>
>>16634017
Yes you are right. She is gone now, no longer the instructor. But I find it interesting how some women effect me in a very powerful way. Like I only knew her for a few days and she was not super beautiful but I now cannot stop thinking about it.
>>
dont ruin whatever good you might come to have because of something you know will end sooner or later. it would feel great to keep flirting and get it on but its just your basic instincts telling you you are lonely. my advice is stay away or try avoiding flirty situations because if it continues you may lose focus on what you are trying to do with your life and you may lose your gf over some stupid infatuation thats not even real caused by loneliness and sexual attraction. its not worth it man. set your priorities and stick to them.
>>
>>16634044
It's not sexual attraction really. That is why I am bothered. I am also not feeling lonely. But you are both totally right.
>>
>>16634041
pheromones. still not worth it man keep your focus
>>
>>16634054
maybe you just like her as a person, but it can be easy to get confused it that happens AND you are far from your gf. its better to protect yourself, no matter what is moving your interest in this woman
>>
>>16633962

Keep in mind that your girl is getting dicked while you're thinking if you should fuck or not some hottie
>>
>>16634065
Yes I will not make any mistakes don't worry! I am more asking for advice at why this happens with some women and I. My third girlfriend was the same way, I really really liked her for no really strong reason. Found myself super attracted to her and like infatuated.
>>
>>16634095
Probably not, but anything can happen I guess! Whatever you want to think.
>>
maybe it happens because of the way those people are, and there's chimestry between you. i suggest you look for patterns. what do they have in common? humour? wit? confidence? do they dress well? a pretty smile? there may be something. maybe you are interested in them but what is really calling for your attention is a certain thing about them, some characteristic. compreending what draws you up so much to them is a step towards knowing yourself and avoiding confusion in situations like these
>>
>>16634146

Every that temptation men receives in LDRs, girls receives x5 more, so your call
>>
>>16634155
A three week trip while she visits her family is not an LDR. Stop being such a autismo that thinks everyone cheats willy nilly. Even I am here for advice not about if I should cheat but why I feel attracted to someone
>>
>>16634151
I think it is how smart they are, of mode like clever. Solving problems and things like that. Also the instructor said words very strangley and I cannot stop thinking about it.
>>
>>16634171
Or more*
>>
>>16634166

Enough time to get some dick m'cuck
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.