[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am an adult leader in a local scout troop. Recently, my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: bed.jpg (10 KB, 392x294) Image search: [Google]
bed.jpg
10 KB, 392x294
So I am an adult leader in a local scout troop. Recently, my troop went on a 6 day winter camping trip. Nothing hard core, we had a heated cabin available for eating/warming up, although we did not sleep in it at any point. Anyway, the first day is basically getting there and then sleeping. The next morning, I was sent out to wake up (for the second time) some of the kids who were slow to get going in the morning. One of these kids, named Jacob was a first year, meaning that he is 11 years old and has never been cold weather camping
before. I went to wake him up and when he finally got going, I noticed that his pants and part of his shirt were soaking wet. For anyone who has not been cold weather camping, this is very dangerous, as your body, especially a small body like Jacob's, loses heat MUCH faster if it is wet. He was not in any real danger because of the cabin, and he was fine. I knew right away that he had wet the bed. It is not the first time that this has happened to a kid on a camping trip in out troop. It probably wont be the last time. No big deal, stuff happens, that kind of thing. I was preparing myself to have to sooth a soon to be distressed kid who suddenly realized what happened the night before, but he then tells me that his shirt is all wet because he left a set of hand warmers in his shirt over night and the heat caused him to sweat a lot. I know of course that this is not the case, but I roll with it. As the day goes on however, and I begin to delicately probe the subject, I realize that he genuinely does not realize that he wet the bed. He does realize that it is not just sweat, but he doesn't know what it is. He sort of wondered if someone tried to wake him up by pouring water on him, but I can tell that he doesn't quite buy this either. One of the other adults went to a nearby town with a laundromat and washed and dried his cloths and sleeping bag, so he was fine on that front. (continued in next post)
>>
>>16630604
Anyway long story short, how do I hide a 4'8" body?
>>
First you'll need an unmarked van
>>
>>16630604
(continued from last)

As far as any of the adults on the trip can tell, (myself included), he never did figure out what happened. We decided to take the "ignorance is bliss" approach, and just kind of shrug it off. Again, it really is not that big of a deal unless it is made a big deal by the kid affected by it and nobody else finds out and makes a big deal about it. I remember when I was in 5th grade, (would have been 11 myself at the time, same age as Jacob) I suddenly wet the bed out of nowhere. It happened again a couple of nights later, and might have happened a total of 4 or 5 times over the next few weeks, then it just sort of stopped. Never happened again until my sophmore year of highschool. I distinctly remember both times that I was extremely distressed by the whole ordeal, even though nobody found out about it and it was in my own home both times. Its like I wanted to talk about it to someone, but couldnt really bring myself to do so. That brings me to my long-winded question:

>> Should I tell Jacob what happened at some point, or do I just drop the issue? If I tell him, when?

I feel like if he did eventually figure it out, he might benefit from having someone to talk about it to. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>16630618
10/10 would laugh again
>>
>>16630618
>>16630627
I think you have the wrong thread...
>>
>>16630618
dress him up like batman and throw him off a tall building

The media will blame comic book movies
>>
I pissed the bed when they put me on those amphetamines. Then I got used to them and it stopped.
>>
>>16630632

if this is an ongoing trip, wait and see if it happens again. if it doesnt, he and no one else have anything to worry about. someone could have the weirdest fucking extreme symptom ever, and not worry about it if it only happened once. its one of those things people say 'just happened'.

kids arent much different. if it happens twice, thats when people get concerned that something is really wrong and THAT is when someone should talk to him and explain that these trends happen.

if it does, lie to him and explain that this is REALLY normal for cold weather camping because the body is reacting to a complete change in sleeping styles.

explain it even happened to you as an adult.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.