[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I get into a relationship I very much enjoy the "honeymoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Asaro mudman.jpg (143 KB, 668x1000) Image search: [Google]
Asaro mudman.jpg
143 KB, 668x1000
Whenever I get into a relationship I very much enjoy the "honeymoon phase" for the first couple months. Lots of sex, cuddling and hanging out together.

But as soon as that initial rush fades I become extremely distant, cold, and uninterested. 99% of the time I'd rather be alone or doing things with friends. I find even minor displays of affection suffocating. Inevitably the relationship ends soon after. Whenever I try to keep it going there's just a lot of pretending to still be interested and hurting the other person in the process until they eventually break up with me.

What is my problem? Am I just not built for relationships?
>>
>>16629964
I think you've never actually been in love. That's the only thing that comes to mind to me, because every time I actually loved someone, I woke up everyday before them to make their breakfast, cancelled every plan I had if they weren't feeling well to watch them over and shit.
>>
>>16629964

>am I just not built for relationships?

probably. but more like 'not programmed' for relationships. as im sure you know relationships have evolved a lot over time. every year there seems to be a different trend and everyones different. there was a time where youd really only ever know one person romantically for your entire life. and if that feeling faded it didnt matter, cuz like your family they were just one of those random permanent installations in your life that you had to deal with.

thats not the case anymore. the ability to serial date has made it so people DONT need to function in long term relationships, and as a result people dont want to.

the honeymoon phase is the best part, so i do the same thing. i dont see anything wrong with it. whats wrong with meeting someone, enjoying them for as long as you can, then saying goodbye when it fades out? some might call it 'using' i suppose.

but if you met someone that really lit a fire in your heart i am sure that you (and I) would see it through for as long as possible.
>>
Try being good friends first, and do not have sex early on in the relationship.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.