[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to stop drinking coffee >having panic attacks and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: !guy2.png (656 KB, 741x432) Image search: [Google]
!guy2.png
656 KB, 741x432
>want to stop drinking coffee
>having panic attacks and trouble sleeping
>try to stop
>can't make it past 2:00pm
>depressed to the point where I am not getting things done that I need to get done
how do I quit?
can I quit?
>>
>>16629946
You're addicted to caffeine. Going cold turkey is not a good idea. Over the course of the next month, drink less and less. Remove 1 cup a day from your usual routine. When you're down to just 1 cup a day, switch to decaf. Tastes the same. Eventually wean yourself off decaf.
>>
Can you drink tea instead? I was in the same boat and managed to go down to just 1-2 cups of tea in a day. Drinking tea feels loads better compared to coffee, too, like a night and day difference.
>>
>>16629946

when you quit any addictive substance its going to take a temporary toll on your life. you are going to go through withdrawal and there isnt much you can do about that.

if you want to go cold turkey, make it a point to streamline as much of your life as possible (like cookiing a LOT of meals on sunday and storing them, and perhaps being prepared to spend money on eating out for other meals).

also, work the buddy system. are you at work when you are having your first cup lately? talk to your best work mate and ask them to be your cafiene sobriety buddy. at home ask whoever you live with. throw it all out.

weening yourself off of it is also an option but it depends on your personality type. some are better cold turkey cuz they just have to adhere to the one rule: dont drink. others are better at weening becuase as long as tehy get a tiny bit of coffee in them, the rest of the day goes smooth.
>>
the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal, while not fatal, are a total pain in the ass. i know if i have a caffeinated soda/drink for a few days in a row and then i try to go a whole day without one, i get a horrible migraine and i feel really depressed. the best way is to wean yourself off of it, like the other poster said. just drink less and less each day, or switch to a coffee that doesn't have as much caffeine (like a darker roast).
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.