[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I tell my family I want to go meet my on-line friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I have been friends with someone on-line for over 5 years now. We have never met. We were 14 at the time and I am now coming on 20. I have extra money and would really like to go meet them. I live in Ireland, her Mexico. Me (male), her (female).

Problem is, my family does not know about her. When I was younger I just never said, and it never gotten easier. I feel really awkward because it has become a secret. Realistically, I know it is a strange situation and I feel that my family/parents will think so. I have no idea how to bring it up or what to do to make this happen.

I would love any advice, experiences or even how you d go about it.
>>
>>16628344

instead of saying you are going to visit someone, make it out that you are taking a personal vacation and have decided on mexico. when they ask why say you do have a friend there and they always talked it up to be really fun, and you'd be able to make the trip cheap with their help (even if you'll just end up at a hotel anyway, this is just for your parents sake).

they probably will find it weird regardless, it is something their generation cant really understand. who cares? you are an adult and can do it anyway. no cheat code here, you cant find the secret to convincing them. just make it like you are doing a normal vacation and sprinkle your friend into the mix.

they might even feel BETTER about you having a friend there like
>oh hey mom and dad, im going to mexico
>are you sure son? that sounds really far and dangerous
>i actually have a friend who lives there, so they'll be able to show me around and help me out
>oh okay, thats not so bad, just be careful i hear a lot of online scammers
>dont worry, she confirmed she realyl was a hot young girl when she finger banged her pussy for me on webcam
>thats my boy!
>>
You're an adult, just act like you're going on vacation, and when you get back tell them you had a great time and got to hang out with an old friend. Only go into details about online if they asked where or how you met.
>>
I like this. I think I'll try using some of this.

Just to clear up aswell: I know completely that the whole situation is weird . And i'm not like one of those fucking idiots on catfish who never saw them and assumes they are real. 5 years, webcam loads, phone loads, facebook, all that. Not in love with her.

But yeah you are right, stuff can happen like this now and the I suppose their generation won't really understand.

Thanks Anon, message made me feel better and good advice
>>
Thought about this one too, but for me it'd make no sense to soptaenously go to Mexico. Plus my parents are protective and to them I'm a child.

Probably on me to just grow a pair and tell them what I want and that I am doing it.

Thanks Anon, appreciate it
>>
>>16628387

i wouldnt worry too much if you've seen her cam. as long as she hasnt asked for any money or anything like that theres no reason to assume its a 5 year long hustle that started when you were underage. if at all possible book your own accomodations though. dont put too much faith in her.

but yeah stuff like this is more and more common place. i met a guy here on 4chan and he just invited me to his wedding. we've never even webcammed or seen pictures of each other. we just talk on the phone a lot.

gonna be fun.
>>
>>16628395

>itd make no sense to spontaneously go to mexico

so? it doesnt have to. its your first vacation. there really isnt such a thing as 'sense' in your first vacation unless its the tried old typicals. but if you make it out like 'hey gonna hit of tijuana' thats pretty typical, so there.
>>
>>16628387
>I know completely that the whole situation is weird
It's honestly not anon. It's like you say, maybe for their generation, but nowadays this sort of thing is pretty common.
>>
Believe it or not, these make me feel much better about it. Knew some people must be at it but it sounds common enough.

That wedding thing is fantastic, 4chan is great.
>>
>>16628431

right? hes a pretty awesome guy from what i know. when we first started talking we were both in not so great places but life is going pretty well for both of us and its fun to catch up with him and talk that stuff out. im really hoping im able to go.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.