[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 24 and I fucking hate coming home to my parents house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: Zdzisław-Beksiński-Dark-eyes.jpg (230 KB, 953x768) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław-Beksiński-Dark-eyes.jpg
230 KB, 953x768
I'm 24 and I fucking hate coming home to my parents house for holidays and whatever. It always sucks, every time, ever since I was a kid. I remember realizing this when I was like 8. No one in my entire family get along at all.

I love them and wish things were better but I honestly think it's irreparable at this point and that everyone is torturing themselves by keeping in contact with each other and trying to make this family into something it isn't.

No one's abusive or anything but me and my siblings just don't give a shit about each other and my parents get into heated arguments over the most retarded shit ever (for example, my mom was making my dad a sandwich earlier and they started yelling at each other across the house about what order my dad wanted his sandwich contents in). It's been like this for as long as I can remember and it's leaked over into my own life so much that I try as hard as possible to never celebrate any holidays or birthdays (except Halloween, I love Halloween) and never get too close to anyone.

I've distanced myself from the emotionally to the point where they only know like 10% of who I really am and that in reality, I'm closer to a stranger that stays in their guest room every now and then.

I also often have dreams of getting into bloody fights with my dad.

Again, they're never abusive but they suck as people and our family dynamic is worse than any I've seen, even on TV and in movies (save for physically abusive relationships)

What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>16627598
stop going
>>
>>16627598
Sadly family reunions is not something we can avoid unless you want to cut all ties or make your parents hate you/sad :(

Its either moving away so you have the excuse of not finding a flight, or tell them that next year you will be celebrating with friends.
>>
File: rockfeller.jpg (95 KB, 513x594) Image search: [Google]
rockfeller.jpg
95 KB, 513x594
i'm living exactly in the same fucking situation.but my problem is that i'm still a student with no money so i can't leave my parents house.
family reunions are also complete bullshit.me and my cousins,uncles,etc,i just don't give a shit about them,and they don't give a shit about me(or my brother or sister).but i obliged to go see them at least two times a year just not to make my parents sad/angry.
my parents also get into heated arguments for random stupid shit.
i'm just waiting to get my degree in computer engineering and move as far away as possible (i'm living in a north african sand nigger country).
>>
>>16627598
Just attend family reunions every now and then and do a bit of small talk. It's not THAT hard.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.